Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Just a short note, am busy preparing for our family gathering this weekend, Have a large kettle of beef veggie /noodle soup on the stove, made a jello poke cake and later will put some pork ribs in the crock pot .
Everyone is so good about being frugal, gives me lot of ideas to use.
Have a great weekend everyone
Joy
Old 09-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Joy, I hope you have a wonderful celebration with your family!

Lisa
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Assistant Moderator

The soup sounds so good! I am ready for fall. It supposed to be in the 90 again today.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone. Dh took yds bandage off today. He is going to get to take a shower today. He is about the same.

Frugal today was dh changing the oil and oil filter in his truck instead of paying someone to do it. Also sorta frugal was dh went to the grocery store with the list I gave him and not only did he stick to the list he didn't buy everything that was on it. He was upset with himself but I told him that was okay. He's not used to grocery shopping.

I fixed breakfast for all of us and lunch for yds and myself. I have now started washing clothes.

Barb, as far as I know if my yds has to have a teacher our county has someone hired for just that job. My dh thinks the doctor will tell him to go back to school. I don't know because the doctor was concerned with the steps he has to go up and down at school.

Well need to see to the laundry. I'll check in later.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jean,Sounds like you are doing all the small stuff but if it helps save money than go for it.
Joy,The soup sounds really good.I was thinking about making one but i am still trying to find a good receipe for us all to try out.
Frugal for me?I went to the store and i got almost everything on my list.I spent 120.00 on all of our groceries.It is just insane how high all the food is these days.I think i will have enough food for the next week,.We are on weekend 2 of no toast strudels.Tommorrow i am making a coffee cake so we will see if that is a hit or not.The only frugal thing i did was to come home and to stay here.I am still recovering from my sinsus infectiion and aslo i am waiting for my docotor to call in a prescrption for me.I don;t need it until next week so it can wait.

Have a great afternoon i might come back on later on.

Mish
Old 09-21-2007, 01:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Someone besides the squirrels has been stealing our tomatoes. We have plenty of peppers, herbs and brocolli though.

We have Cincinnatti style chili here at Skyline Chili. It's not my favorite.

Frugal lately is sweating it out with the AC off, getting some craft supplies from Freecycle, cold water laundry, getting gas right before it started going up again. Got a 10% off pharmacy reward card for all day at the chain store I work for. Combined with my coupons and my employee discount, saved $74 on a $268 purchase, not counting the sale and clearance savings. Stocked up on toiletries and got new towels, as ours have transparent spots. Too bad we can't have anniversary showers every 5 years or so!

Found a modem for DD's system on Freecycle. She is taking on line classes, and her roommate stepped on her modem but lacks the character to replace it. Moving into an apt. was definitely not frugal. Who taught her to do that!?!LOL!

PW
Old 09-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good afternoon, ladies! It's another hot, humid day here today in the upper 80's. So far, I have stuck to my guns and not turned the A/C back on. I was really tempted to today, but we're expecting a cold front to push through this afternoon and tonight's overnight temps are supposed to be in the upper 40's. It has gotten breezy and overcast so hopefully that will bring cooler temps.

Right now I'm playing chicken with mother nature. I have two loads of laundry hanging outside drying. It isn't dry yet because it's been so muggy. I'm hoping this nice breeze will get them dried. Hopefully, that will happen before the rain drops start falling!

Jean, I'm glad to hear that your ods is doing better. It sounds like yds is on the mend also - probably not as fast as you would like, but it will happen! Your DH did a great job at the grocery store. I made the mistake of letting DH tag along with me this week (not my idea!) He managed to spend $45.00 on stuff that we definitely didn't need.

Frugal for today is getting my electric bill - $40.00 lower than last month! I also went into work today for a couple of hours even though Friday is my day off. I haven't been getting as many hours lately, and when I don't work, I don't get paid!

I'm off to start working on some Christmas ornaments for the ornament exchange and to give out as gifts this year, too.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Kathy

Old 09-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good afternoon!
Mish, good job resisting on buying the toaster strudels. Coffee cake is always a treat!
Your meal sounds delicious, Joy! I bet you are so excited.
Preacherswife, that would be great to have five year anniversary showers! lol
Kathy, making ornaments for Christmas sounds like fun!
We just got back from shopping and putting everything away. It went pretty well, although I did buy a few extras that we didn't really need. Frugal was shopping with a list and calculator and adding what we saved to the change can. Working on rebuilding that after the washer incident.
Anna, oh, I understand what you were saying about Aldi now. There are a lot of nongrocery items. I can't believe I never noticed that before! I guess I am so focused on getting out fast that I never paid attention. lol
Well, I am going to go figure out something to throw together for dinner and go get some iced tea. Take care and Happy Friday, everyone!

Last edited by jjoj; 09-21-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Assistant Moderator

I slept the afternoon away. Guess yesterday tired me out. At least you don't spend money while you sleep! lol

I hate taking dh into any store with me but grocery stores and WM are the worst. Last time he wanted these insoles for his boots. Now his boots are very $$$ so I didn't mind. But the insoles are still sitting in our bedroom.

Pw, I agree with five year showers! That would be great.

I have some freecycle items waiting to be picked up. I find people here are in no hurry to pick anything up. One gal is wanting me to take the items to a freind of hers. Doesn't she read the rules of freecylce?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi,
Frugal for me?Well my dh is going to take a class here at the house.He will get paid back for it when he is done with it.So what happens we got a flat tire.So now we need to come up with money for the class and 2 tires.Not sure but now money is going to be even tighter now.I just can't wait to go with and get the goodyear tires tommorrow.Hopefully nothing else can go wrong here right??Have a great night.

Mish

Closed Thread