Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 05:28 PM

Good evening all!!

I took lunch, and iced tea for lunch. Ate leftover baked chicken, steamed some zucchini, and make some cukes in vinegrette.

Karen, I got my fish oil at CVS, Nature's Made brand, double strength (1200 mg) per capsule.

Jamie, congratulations to both your boys on their birthdays.

Jeandeanette - I don't have a lot of my mohter's handiwork (she crocheted and tatted), but the couple of pieces I have, I treasure. My sister has made it known throughout the community that if anyone doesn't want any of my mother's pieces anymore (table cloths, runners, dresser scarfs, doiles, etc.), sell them to her. She has had no takers for that offer yet. Seems my mother's pieces are treasured by others too.

You know when the Christmas catalogs start coming we are in for trouble. I got one from the Lakeside Collection.

Well ladies, I better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Awesome Deal tonight with the kids at walmart!!!

goodlife cat food on sale for $3.oo a bag..i have 100 coupns for 3 off one any size..they only had 9, so i picked thoes up..plus had 10 coupns for free can of alpo dog food, 10 cans free friskees cat food, and 10 free cat treats. i used only 3 alpo coupons, and 4 cat treat coupns..total tonight saved....45.00 aprox. plus i paid out $2.33 for tax.yipppee.. great deals..lol.

you all have a good night.
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 08-28-2007, 03:14 AM

Good morning all!!

Ericka, what a great deal. In my area, we did not get the free dog food or Friskies coupons. But I did get the Meow Mix cat treats and cups ones.

Did anyone but me go outside and look at the total eclipse of the moon? Cool!!

Today is one day closer to the weekend. Woohoo!!!!

Better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-28-2007, 04:11 AM

Good Morning Everyone

Erica

That's great deals on couponing, good job.

Windi didn't have a good night, a seizure at 9:30pm and another at 2:00am this morning I'm waiting now for the Vets office to open, the Vet said she didn't want her to have any seizures, we'll probably have to up her meds again. Right now she's doing fine, outside playing with the other dogs.

Today I hope will be frugal in that I'm staying home and working on my quilt, it looks like I only have about 6 rows to go to have the top done, then start sewing 2 panels of flannel to add to the back a end is in sight.

Anna
Old 08-28-2007, 05:36 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good Morning Everyone --

Connie: Your cabinets are going to be cool. You'll have to post some pix so we can see how the progress is going.

Ericka: Great couponing!

I got my free planner yesterday from the link Barb posted. It's pretty neat -- this may be the one I use the rest of the year and for 2008.

I'm spending a few extra minutes at home this morning. We have a breakfast meeting in an hour at a local restaurant and my boss is buying, so that makes it even better. I've already laid out the meat to thaw for dinner tomorrow -- I'm making chili, and the sausage for tonight for homemade pizzas. That's all the organization I can stand for the morning... LOL!

I did get up to see the eclipse, but it was just starting -- I was too tired to watch it all. I'll catch it on the news.

Well, better get this hair dried and get out the door. Have a good day!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:44 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi,
So far last night i went and swam while my oldest was at her class.Not sure if i will stick around or not today.I might go into town to see what part time jobs are availabe.I am going to take the dog for a walk,i think i will do that the last child is on the bus.Not too much is going on here.I am just going to try and keep busy.Oh and today is 25 day at goodwill.I do have some books to take there.

I will check back on later.
Ericka,wow way to go on the deals you got

for the pet food!!

Anna,Can't wait to see the quilt!!

Mish
Old 08-28-2007, 05:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everyone!

Ericka--
Great job on the WalMart deal!! Way to go!

Anna--
Sorry to hear Windi had a rough night. I can't imagine how scary it is for you when she has seizures.

Mish--
Those headaches seem to be affecting a lot of people right now. I had one a week ago that actually made me leave work for the day sick, something I rarely do. Had another doozy over the weekend, as did my Girl Scout co-leader. Our troop was participating in a swim night Sunday night at a local pool, and she was down for the count and ended up staying home--and she has to REALLY be sick to miss a Girl Scout event--she NEVER misses anything! And one of our Girl Scout moms said her daughter has been plagued with them this last week. Suppose it's something to do with the weather or allergies in this area?

Nothing too unusally frugal here, but the week is young!
Old 08-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I've had a headache too, for 10 weeks now. Had an MRI and tried a lot of meds. Not frugal! I think it's stress, and sinus congestion from allergies, but I have a very cautious husband and doctor.

Frugal yesterday and today was eating at home when I really didn't feel like cooking at all, and laundry in cold water. Still waiting for DH to put up a clothesline.

Have a good day, everyone! PW
Old 08-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning everybody. I'm sorry for all of you who are having headaches. They are certainly no fun. I hope they all go and stay away.

I have been busy getting dh and yds off to their day at school and work. Since they left I have made the beds, cleaned the bathrooms. fed and watered the dog, emptied dishwasher, filled it back up, washed dishes by hand, laid out meat from the freezer and washed a load of clothes. I still have so much I need to do but I'm taking a break.

Ericka, way to go at the store on those pet savings. I know you love your pets and that will be a big help. How is school going for you?

Anna, hope Windi gets all better. I feel for her and you.

Frugal today so far has been to use a free Tide sample to wash clothes with, recycling water, sending a garden tomato from mil in dh's lunch, closing off ods bedroom so I don't have to cool it with ac and getting deer meat out of the freezer for supper. I hope I can come up with some more things to make a better dent in the expenses around here. I'm always trying to read and find out ideals.

My yds went all day yesterday but due to the heat they are getting out early today and tomorrow. I'm glad about that. That gives me time to get some house chores done and have more time with him.

Well I will check in later. Have a great Tuesday.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Assistant Moderator

I finally remembered to buy batteries for the camera so I can take more pic and upload the ones I have taken. Tomorrow. Today we go to 'support' ds at court. I say 'support' since we are hoping the judge is hard on him. Ds needs a lesson. I do hope they put him in the work camp not just jail.

I posted my old freezer on freecylce and someone wants it. Yeah!

Today is my dd's 17 birthday. I am happy and sad. She is growing up too fast! We will have stuffed manicotti, homemade french bread, salad, homemade mint bon bon ice cream and our celebration cake. The cake is a chocolate cake with cream cheese filling and this one will have a cooked creamy vanilla frosting. I came up with this cake last year when we found less corn is better for dd.

Closed Thread