Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Tonights frugality project :-)

Tonight I put 4 large chicken breasts in the crockpot. I remembered to take them out and for that I am grateful ( I always forget ).Tomorrow morning I am going to make that into four meals.First one I am going to make a homemade chicken soup with. Second one I am going to make chicken salad with. Third one I am going to shred for chicken enchilada's. Fourth one I am going to shred for just some chicken and butter sandwiches to have with some leftover soup ( if there is any LOL ).,

Ellen in Colorado
Old 01-13-2007, 04:45 AM
Nine Year Member

Nice planning ahead Ellen on cooking chicken for four meals.

I've been planning meals for 6 since some nights I don't know if the inlaws will be eating with us until 5:00 or later so that saves putting what I'm cooking in the refrig and ordering out.

After signing up a lady to sell Avon this morning I'm planning on staying home out of the cold rain and getting rid of the clutter in the living room.

Roberta
Old 01-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

:gabtalk:
thanks for the comment Roberta. got up this morning and the breasts are nice and moist. took them out and put on plate to cool.put my noodles, veggies and seasonings in broth.when chicken cools down, I will cut up one for the soup.
yes, that makes sense what you said about going ahead and cooking for six, regardless of whether your in laws show up or not. either way you are being logical and I'm sure creative :-)
well you are having rain, but here in Colorado it is SNOWING again. and again. and again.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Norma, I'm sorry you are under the weather, hope you are better soon.

LdyLopes, welcome to the thread. Great ideas here.

cau and RobertaD, Our cookie sale doesn't start until late Feb. I can't wait!

DH is working today so I might run out to the New Rep. mtg to gather up more info for myself.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

LdyLopes, that's a great idea. Now you'll have that chicken all ready for when you want it for a quick meal Did you save the broth from when you cooked the chicken, to add into your soup?
Old 01-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Dryer Ball Update

Ladies I have done 8 loads of laundry and used the dryer balls...it did cut down my dry time..which is great for me, I have an electric dryer(ugh!) and my clothes were soft.
One thing I do know..if you like the fragrance of your softener..you will miss this..in your laundry.

I do wonder why these balls with porkypine studs work..but for me they do the job.

I read awhile back about maybe using tennis balls? I would think that would not be good..tennis balls stink already, and when heated up..would the glue come off onto your clothes?

Just my thoughts, anyway....now my next report will be in 2 years...just to see if the dryer balls are still working..hee hee

They are noisy..not extremely noisy to me, I just close the laundry room door.

Janet
Old 01-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Assistant Moderator

I found when I made chicken soup instead of using noodles which like to fall apart with the leftovers I used fetticini noodles. My family liked it.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Nine Year Member

Janet how much did it cut down the dryer time? 1/3, 1/4, etc? At the price of electricity it might be a good thing for us.

Happy Belated Birthday Lislynn!

Welcome to LdyLopes! I am an Ellen too. There aren't many of us. I live in PA.

Declined a concert tonight when I found out it was $15. I was about half anyways. I have some of their CDs so I suppose I could listen to them. Think I will resume knitting today.

Am very happy about getting the linen closet folded and tidy. The sheets were starting to loom like Snoopy on his vulture tree. Since they were the top two shelves, in the dark, it was sort of well, Threatening. Now they are all happy, flat and folded and stable. No more being pelted by pillowcases when I go for a towel.

Also managed to get the green things out of the back of the fridge and some laundry going.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 01-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good afternoon!
Welcome, Ladylopes! Very nice meal idea with the chicken breasts! I really like that. Colorado has definitely gotten their share of snow this year, haven't they? Goodness.
Our grocery trip yesterday was pretty frugal. We spent around 55.00 at Aldi and 30.00 on sales at Kroger, and 1.00 on two loaves of bread at the day old bread store. Actually, the Kroger trip turned out to be very frugal because they were having some sort of septic issues. So, we didn't linger for long to look at much of anything. We pretty much beat feet out of there. lol The left over money goes into our savings can and will be used later for home improvements like paint, new carpet, and some small stuff. It will take a while to save for all that, but it helps me to be more frugal, if we have a goal. Today, we are cleaning our carpeting. Since we have four dogs, this is something we have to do every few months. Also frugal for today was getting two cheeseburgers and a large limeade for 2.59 (using some coupons) at Sonic while we were out. Another thing, for those who don't subscribe to Family Circle magazine, the most recent issue out is their anniversary issue and is only .75. Just thought I would mention it.
Ellen, good job straightening out your linen closet. Sounds very nice and organized!
I hope everyone is having a fun weekend! Take care!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Assistant Moderator

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Dryer-.../dp/B0009WK23Y

Here are the dryer balls at amazon. I can always find more to buy then get the free shipping.

Closed Thread