Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:29 AM

What Did You Do Frugal Today Section 12

Welcome To The New Thread of What Did You Do Frugal Today.

Anna, Robin & Barbzy
Moderators for Frugal Living

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 11-15-2005 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Welcome to "What Did You Do Frugal #12!"

One frugal thing that I have done lately is to take all the extra "stuff" out of my car. Any extra weight makes you use more gas.

Today I cleaned out the cabinet in the kitchen where we keep a lot of dry goods like cereal, oatmeal, sugar & flour. I found a can of peanuts with a handful left and lots of other boxes with only a bit left. I put those things into reusable containers. It takes up less space and we can see what's there. Today when the kids want a snack I will encourage them to eat up one of these small servings of something.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:07 AM

Barbzy

Thanks for opening the new thread... I got distracted with work and hadn't gotten to it yet.

Today's frugality? Took lunch to work.

Good point about the junk in your car, we have that posted on our employee bulletin board... for those of us in the snow belt, whew! I hate to see what that's going to do this winter when we add sand bags to our cars/trucks. We do because although our truck is a 4X4 it's so light in the rear we loose traction.

Well gotta go do some more work, take care everyone.

Anna
Old 09-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barbszy--Thanks for the reminder about removing the excess "stuff" from the car--I haven't done that in quite a while, and the stuff is piling up again! Amazing how quickly that can happen!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Assistant Moderator

Frugal over the weekend was taking a pickup load to an auction. One item didn't sell, and we bought a few but came home with less and we will be getting a check in the mail too! My Little Tikes stuff, I had been asking $20 each with no nibbles. They both sold for $50. Good for me but I think some people are nuts for paying that price for a used toy, LT or not! That is what I paid for the bulldozer new on clearance! The unit I bought needs refinished so I will be getting that done. I think I paid too much for it too. BUt they sold the top and bottom seperatly...... it is a set of cabinets with a shelving unit on top. Since I had already bought the bottom.......... dh wasn't upset for long.

Used up some older cheese today. Cut it up and packed it with herbs in oil. See what it turns out like. The garlic I grew this year I packed in oil. Tinest garlic I have ever seen..... Trying to use up some sour goats milk. And make plum jelly...... no wonder I am tired!
Old 09-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Anna, you are entering the toughest time with MIL. Please be sure you and your DH take care of yourselves, too. We'll be thinking of you.

Bluebird, what kind of oil do you pack your garlic in? Where do you keep it? How long does it last?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Connie, I'm glad your daughter is feeling better! Forgot to mention that in the last post.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Okay, back from WAL*MART

Man alive, do I hate shopping in that store on a good day, let alone......
They are remodeling, and doing the whole store all at once, and it's a nightmare, blocked aisles, moved food, closed departments, inept cashiers, rude employees. ICK. Unfortunately, it's our only option besides Safeway, and it costs an arm and a leg to shop there unless it's a BOGO. It gives me a headache to shop there, and I hate waiting for 30 minutes to check out with a small cart full. I can't wait till we move to the city.

Anywhoo, got dd's portraits, and they turned out sooo cute. Got a big discount, and even 3 free sheets of pictures, cause the lady was feeling nice. I'm excited and can't wait to hang them up, however it may have to wait till we move. We had some people come to see the house today, so please keep your fingers crossed for us, that they will make us an offer.... Pretty, please. LOL.

Anna, I hope your MIL will not be in too much pain. Make sure they try to control that as much as possible. It'll be hard now that she is delirious, and confused, but try to keep as cheerful as you can when you see her. I know exactly how hard that is.

Gotta go for now.

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 09-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Assistant Moderator

VickiLynn, I cleaned the garlic, and poured canola oil over it. Store it in the fridge. This is the first time I have made it. I don't know how long it will last.

My dd told me why I am sooo tired today. I saw the reflexogist yesterday. I am always tired the next day. Oh, last time at the reflexogists, he said the he thinks Jasmine is trying to heal her body from the RA and the food allergies! That would be so wonderful. Not that she would ever eat peanuts or nuts or seeds but it would make her life so much easier.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good evening all, Just subscribing.

Is there a spell checker on this new version of Family corner?

Closed Thread