Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi, everyone!
Oh,wow, Mrs. Maniac, that is pretty scary. I'm glad that you are feeling better. Congrats on the free groceries. That is pretty cool!
Barbszy, what a great idea to save for Christmas now. I bet that will save bunches later on.
Becky, best wishes to you on your move.
Wish it was cool and breezy here, although it is somewhat cooler than it was. Frugal today is staying home. We have been drinking lots of iced tea also. And lots of water. I made some peanut butter flavored popcorn for snacking. Here is the recipe if anyone would like it. It's pretty frugal and easy to make.
2 bags microwave popcorn, popped. Pour into a large bowl and remove any kernels. In a saucepan, bring to a boil, 1/2 c. honey, 1/4 c. sugar, and 2 tsp. vanilla. Stir in 1/2 c. peanut butter into mixture and pour over popcorn. Stir well to coat evenly. Store in a large airtight container. Enjoy!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:31 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi everyone....I haven't been around for awhile. My mom is in a nursing home and about 10 days ago she fell out of her bed(Don't know how since the side should have been up). SHe didn't break anything but she was very sore and bruised on her left side. I have been going to the nursing home as much as I could, but with three kids thats not always easy. She is doing much better now but my sisters and I are looking into getting her into another nursing home.
It is SOOOOOOOOOO hot here!!!!!! Yesterday it was 95 and today it is about 97 and with the humidty they say it feels about 100-105. Needless to say the AC has been running nonstop. The only thing getting me thru this is tonight we are getting rain to cool everything off. Tomorrow will be about 78 and in the low 80's for the next couple of days.
I am planning a garage sale in the next few weeks. I have so much stuff and I just have to get it out of the house. My mom in law and sis in law will be selling stuff with me. I am hoping that I make enough money to cover kids back to school clothes and shoes. I am going thru one room at a time to gather stuff. I have only been in this house for 3 1/2 years and it is amazing home much stuff you can accumulate.
Well gotta go and cool off11
Old 07-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Nine Year Member

Forgot to mention earlier that I had shut off the A/C and had the windows opened today. It is chilly 70-72 in the house now where it is normally 77-78 with the A/C on.

Got the deep freeze defrozed and reloaded. Found 4 packs of bacon and I thought we were out LOL. Went to the grocery and bought about $11 worth of discounted meat since this weeks list was short still only spent $42 saved 37% with sales & coupons.

Well I put dinner in the refrigerator that I had cooking in the crock pot because FIL called inviting us to dinner.

Roberta
Old 07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

wow..everyone else is haveing such productive days.....im not doing too much. i am trying to write a book on savings. not really for being published..but i am trying to do a web page on my spaces in msn. when i get it more done, ill let you all read it.

we took frozen koolaid today. the kids loved to have slushy to drink. plus we took peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and tuna salad. i added choc chip cookies, and a few other goodies and thats what we had. it was fun for the kids. we wont know what the eeg says tho till next week.

on a happy note..i have a training session for a job doing in home health care. so that will be sooo helpful too. its on friday from 11 to 4. so that will be easy to do too. ill just take another frozen slushy and some snack food and im good to go. they said that once i do the training, they hope to get me someone to work for in the next week. im hopeing for only about 30 hours a week..keep your fingers crossed. have a good day

talk at you all tommrow
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 07-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

3girlsmom, I would investigate for abuse. That's what it sounds like to me, I used to work at nursing homes.

Great on the job, Joesbaby! I am looking for one myself, thank goodness for unemployment. Frugal today was going to pick up a free twin sized bed for dd,except for painting and getting some girly things, she's done. It was a brand-new Simmons Beautyrest that she was gonna just throw away. It came with the frame, headboard and boxspring. THe only thing I've bought for our house was the dressers I got 3 for $20 at a yard sale, a t.v. stand for $3, and an air conditioner for $15-all at the same yard sale. Oh, another tv stand and chairs for $14. So, all I've spent in our entire house was $52, everything else we got for free and moved in with a house full of furniture from freecycle. The dryer was already in the house and works and my mother bought the fridge. I'll be buying the washing machine soon, I've got to hurry and get insurance and tags because Tuesday my tags expire.

I have to also put a deposit down on Lea's birthday party at Chucky Cheese. I already put her school stuff in layaway and she only needs one more pair of shoes, but like 3 days after she starts school its her birthday. Maybe someone could help me figure out what to get her. I was thinking of getting her a twin comforter, one of those flashy colored ones. That's all I've gotten. She needs a winter coat for here. She has the one from Tennessee but that's just a jacket here. I may let my mother get that. Any suggestions? I am stumped!!!

Last edited by leasmom; 07-27-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:07 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

New Here

Hi everyone---

I am new here. And I hope to learn a lot from you all.

For today's frugalness, I took my kids to a living history museum of the 1860's and 1890s called the Littleton Historical Museum---I live in Denver, CO---it was totally free and the kids got to watch a blacksmith make a metal spike in a blacksmithing shop, they got to see live turkeys, sheep, chickens, piglets, donkeys, cows and a horse up close...they got to tour homes from that time period and we talked about what they didn't have back then that we have in our homes today---computers, telephones, fridges, tv's, lights---sinks....toilets... and we got to see dragonflies flying by us, and saw what a one-room school house was like.

I was wanting to take the kids and get ice cream, but I fought the urge and waited until we got home...and gave them ice cream we had at home rather than going to Dairy Queen or somewhere like that.

And I made dinner for the family at home...and put some of my things in a garage sale a friend is having down the street for her sale on Saturday.

I also looked for kid friendly (easy) hikes to do on weekends with the family so we can do things other than sit at home and be bored, or walk around looking in stores at stuff we don't need or can't afford right now...which is what we have done a lot of in the past...

Have a happy Thursday!

Tina in Colorado
Old 07-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I can't sleep, so I'm up researching some things I want to sell on ebay in the next couple months....

Love that insomnia.

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 07-28-2005, 02:47 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Tina Hi and welcome to the frugal thread great going on the free intertainment i wish there was something like that here.

frugal today well be staying out of the stores but i do have to use alot of gas helping my sister move so thats not to frugal but she needs the help

Old 07-28-2005, 04:55 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

CMRies, welcome to FC!

Today frugal was using leftovers to make a picnic at White Sands. I have to wrap things up here in Las Cruses and then go back home.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:58 AM

Good morning all!!

OK 2 words - NO CANCER!! Hooray!!! But I am still bleeding, since June 30h. Mrs. Maniac - I can totally relate to the anemia problem. My doctor asked me if I thought I was safe to drive. She said I was "translucent". I have been on 975 mg. of iron for the longest time. I don't feel like I need a nap at 2:30 every day now, just the weekends. My blood volume was down to 9, the minimum you should be is 11. I am currently up to 13, so no problems there.

I go for a pelvic ultrasound on Monday, and then back to the gyn next Friday. I want to confront this bleeding problem, and do something about it now.

Connie - it is so sweet of you to offer to buy and mail yarn for me. I probably have enough between the house and the garage to open my own yarn shop - no joke. My house is the magnet for anyone whose parents pass away, and leave yarn in their attic, closets, etc. So many people in my town know I crochet, and even though I am hardly ever in town (after work and occasionally on the weekends), they get in touch with my sister and ask if I can use some. She never turns them down, because I ususally end up turning what donations come my way into hats for the kids at the local school who don't have anything warm. And that is not counting what I buy. I always want to have "enough" to complete a project. Whatever I have left, again, goes into hats.

Well ladies, I better go. It is time to scoot out the door to work.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread