Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:19 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

futureteacher--I am glad they both worked, I was not sure it would.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:26 AM

Air Conditioning ( Central Air)

Make sure your return vents are clear, vacuum in the registers especially if you have pets. Pet hair can clog the vents and make the furnace work harder and not cool as much. I checked mine this weekend (we have a in floor return air vent which I keep the hole covered with a window screen). It was completely covered with a layer of dog hair, Ugh! I have one dog my Akita/German Shephard every time she shakes, wags or wiggles hair comes off. I brush her with a metal curry comb outside and it looks like theres a second dog in the yard.

Frugal Yesterday- Spent $1.05 on a taco because my sugar was low from not eating late in the day and I had to go to mil's instead of home first. She has bland foods with sugars that I can't eat.

Frugal Today? Brought my lunch and snacks, ran a load of clothes at 6 am which is supposed to be a cheaper time for running electricity. Will line dry in the basement tonight since it's been spotty rain here the past few days.

Chris

If the car is starting to break down I would consider buying a new one with a extended warranty. Ours cost $1200.00 more for that but peace of mind is a big factor. Small motor is another issue to look at, better gas milage.

Anna
Old 07-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

OSI

I'm starting to lean toward trading the car and looking at the extended warranty. Since I live about 25 miles from where I work, I do a lot of driving, and breaking down and missing work is definitely NOT frugal! And thanks for the reminder on a/c service. As much as we have all had to run the air lately, keeping it running efficiently is certainly a smart move!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ladies, I need to ask for your prayers. My Dearest Husband came home from the doctors yesterday with more pills. For high blood pressure and an fast heart rate. The Doctor is worried his heart will double beat. I am so scared. He has been my best friend for 16 years. I lost my Father and my oldest brother and almost my mother to heart attacks. I feel so lost right now.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:45 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Emmjean, I am so sorry. I will keep ya'll in my prayers. Also, have you tried reducing or eliminating his salt? Other ways to lower blood pressure is to lose weight and eat fresh fruits and veggies. Take care.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:11 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Emm,
My prayers are with you and dh. Hopefully everything has been caught early enough that under doctors care the worst scenerio can be avoided. Again honey my prayers are with you.
Leighann
Old 07-19-2005, 09:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Emmjean--I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through with your dh. That kind of thing is so scary, isn't it? Please know we are all here for you. Will keep good thoughts and prayers for you. Keep us posted when you can.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Assistant Moderator

Emmjean, I am sorry about your dh. Praying that the meds will work.

I need to nag dh to go back to the doctor. He is showing signs of seriously high blood pressure and/or some heart problems. Why can't men take care of themselves?

I am having out of state company today! Frugal was buying roast on sale for sandwiches tonight. I baked a cake and two pies this morning. The rest will be fresh fruit and salad from the fridge.

Yesterday I bought homeschool supplies from another mom. The only thing dd needs is a drafting program and supplies for that. I bought the computer programs and she threw the computer in, or maybe I paid $50 for it. I will get the same for ds. Almost all of thier school will be done on the computer. No more grading papers! The computers are 05.... very good deal.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

emmalee you and your dh are in my prayers just remember there are so many things thay can do the the heart now my dad has had it all and is doing great my brother had the extra heart beats he is on meds and doing great.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:58 AM

Emmalee

I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way too. I have hypertension too, have had it for several years. I went undiagnosed for a long time, my gyn is actually the one who caught it. They xrayed my heart and it was enlarged due to the HBP my heart was having to work extra hard to pump. It's all better now, still take meds but it's under control.

Things to reduce/eliminate: Caffeine, Smoking, Being overweight, Salty foods such as chips, fast food, frozen tv dinners, processed foods like hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, etc.

Dh has congestive heart disease so I learned alot about blood pressure and heart issues from his dietician. Salt is everywhere, in loaded amounts. You should only have about 1800 mg a day.

Anna

Closed Thread