Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:58 AM

Good morning all!

Overall it was a very frugal weekend. The dollar store yielded an estimated 3 years of facial moisturizer. It is a brand I have never heard of, but contains dead sea minerals and is manufactured in Israel. My boyfriend and my cousin both got me "kits" with hand and body lotion that has the same dead sea minerals in it, and the lotion is fabulous. Stays in your skin for up to 24 hours, or in my case, quite a few handwashings. So I am pretty confident that this will be lovely for my face.

The only unfrugal thing I bought was a frozen coke on the way home from that shopping trip.

I stayed home except for the weekly grocery run. I bought mostly produce there - the corn here is running 12 ears for $1.99. My tomatoes still aren't turning red, but hope springs eternal, sooner or later there will be a bumper crop. Last year I lost a lot to rabbits. This year we have more rabbits, but so far I have not seen any bite marks. I think that is because I didn't stake them, but am tying them to the garage. As a matter of fact I have to get out there and do that again.

My lawn has some sort of bug infestation - they look like tiny scorpions without the back tail. Not sure what to put on the lawn that won't harm the cat, but I have to do something. I can't walk outside to deadhead the daylilies, without getting bitten.

Well ladies, got to go. I would like to try to finish off cutting out the coupons, and gettig an envie out to Carol Ann this morning.

Take care all!!

Norma
Old 07-11-2005, 10:43 AM

Hi everyone

Dh is canceling out my frugalness with eating in the hospital restaurant. Lunch today was a small salad, macaroni and cheese and a small piece of fish like McDonalds size... bill was $11.00 but what can you do. Parking is $3.00 a day for a in and out pass, if you stay more than 3 hours it's $4.00 a day so that does save a cpl. dollars between the two of us.

I brought in yogurt smoothies (had to buy yogurt this time as I have so little time between working, the hospital and trying to keep up with the house), made turkey sandwiches for lunch and to take with me to the hospital after work and made up enough to do the same tommorow.

It looks like mil may get to go home tommorow, dh is at the hospital now waiting for the cancer doctor to show up.

Joesbaby

Mil's cancer is spread everywhere.. the colon, liver and bones so unfortunately I don't think she'll hang on long but I will thank God for the time we have left and make the most of it. When they give her Deladid for the pain, she is her old self, when the meds run out she's grumpy and testy... she's been like this for quite awhile, we just had no idea it was because of the pain.

Well I'm off to do some work... take care everyone and thanks for the continued prayers.

Anna
Old 07-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Everyone is eating from home! YEAH! Dh is eating at home right now. We do not have any available extra money this week. He gets paid Fri. Ds needs new shoes, so do I. We will shop the sales this weekend.

Have a great day everyone!

Andrea

Andrea

shoulder your cross daily
Old 07-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello, everyone!
Anna, that's what being frugal is for-so that when unexpected things happen, you have the money for it. Especially when it can't be helped. It sounds to me like you're still being quite frugal. Don't forget to to take care of yourself, too.
Frugal for here today is laundry and tons of ironing. I made some homemade au gratin potatoes and turkey ham in the crock pot for supper. I got the ham on sale from Wal Mart for 1.42. I used some, and sliced the rest for the freezer. Take care, friends and I'll talk to you later!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

It's easier to do frugal when school's out! LOL Today DH is rolling his #30 plus coins and taking it to the bank to put in our account. The coin separator that I bought him a while back what a great investment because he just lets his coins add up and never does anything with it.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sunday night Mom invited us for dinner and then dd stayed with her. Today stayed home and finished up the pasta salad for lunch and then fixed the fresh green beans with some frozen hamhock pieces along with some leftover sausage and tomatoes.

Finally going to get some rain so I spread the dirty pool cover over the line so it will wash off.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 07-12-2005, 03:21 AM

Good morning all!!

Frugal today will be to just go to work and come right home. I will be taking lunch and eating dinner at home (as usual). One day this week I have to stop at Rite Aid with the woman who rides with me. She will be using all the hair coloring coupons I have given her, and I need some iron pills.

I hope to stop at Shop Rite and use my other 3 $4 off coupons for intuition razors. They are having them on sale for $3.99 - free!! And I will use 4 more coupons on Malt-O-Meal cereal in the "try me " size. It is on sale for $.88 and the coupons are for $.55 off, which, when doubled, make them - free!! For me this is a good deal, as the razors go into the stock of "gift bag" items I keep for all kinds of occasions, and the cereal goes to the food bank - via my sister. She wants to find out where, at the church in town that is running the food pantry, you drop off the food, and then she wants to show me. She says she is tired of being in the middle.

Well ladies, better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 07-12-2005, 05:03 AM
Nine Year Member

Frugal today will be going to the Shop Rite and picking up soda, and a few other sale items. Since the Shop Rite isn't in our town, I'll wait until I drop DS off at the skate park. After the Shop Rite, I'm heading to Aldi's.

Have the ceiling fans all going. Trying to keep the house cool.

Have a great day!

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 07-12-2005, 06:06 AM

Good Morning Everyone

Frugal? Made nacho chips with cheese for my dinner last night. Dh heated up leftover pizza he made the day before for his dinner.

Mil comes home today, so I'll be leaving work at lunch to go home and help her get settled in. Lots of meds to pick up at the pharmacy and get her groceries once dh talks to the nutritionist today. He will also be talking to a Hospice worker and the hospital social worker. He has done so well with all this I'm very surprised. I told mil last night God never gives us more than we can handle and it is so true. Life can seem so overwhelming sometimes but when you look back over your life you can see that you did make it through each tough time so we just have to keep remembering that. The final prognosis for mil's life expectancy is 3-9 months. She ask what would happen to her, he said she'll just gradually get weaker and weaker till she spends most of her time in bed. They will keep her on nerve medication, nausea meds. and pain meds. so that's a good thing.

Well I'm off for now. Take care.

Anna
Old 07-12-2005, 06:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

OSI--

You have a great attitude--the "God never gives us more than we can handle" quote is one of my favorites. Although, as many have said, I do sometimes wish he didn't trust me so much! But, as you said, when you look back on life's trials, we see we were able to handle it. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Frugal for me is the usual this week: taking breakfast/lunch to work, eating dinner at home, cold water laundry and using the air sparingly (keeping it at 82 when no one is home, and 75-78 otherwise). Also, I have found a nice frugal side affect of trying to stay on top of housework: when my house is cleaner, I buy less "stuff!" Who wants to clutter up the clean house with a bunch of junk?!?
Also did my coupon clipping this week to send in for the coupon club here at FC.
In another frugal effort, I have decided to try to give myself a little extra time to get where I need to go each day, since driving too fast (yes, I'm very guilty of that) uses extra gas. I've been doing well with getting the oil changed regularly and keeping the tires properly inflated, as well as trying to find the best gas prices, combining errands, etc.
All for now--have a good Tuesday, everyone!

Closed Thread