Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma, that is a great deal. I have the T-mobile prepaid phone and I love it. Every 3 months I buy a $25 card. If I buy it JUST before the old one expires, any leftover minutes roll over. $25 gets me 100 minutes which is WAY more than I need for emergencies and for older DS to call me from Boy Scouts when he needs a ride. That's the only time the phone gets used. For $8 a month I have a cell phone when I need it and I can easily refill it if by some chance I use up the time before the 3 months.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

DH and I got cell phones so that we can do away with regular phone service. I will be moving to Las Cruses (3 1/2 hours away) to finish another degree. We want to save on long distance. This was DH and I can talk to each other for free and we can talk to others after 6pm and on weekends for free. Now, I just need to find a way to get the Internet for a cheap or cheaper price.

Everyone in the storm be save and to all our friends in the UK--be safe.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

anna..im so sorry about your mil. you are so in my prayers right now. my sil had/has colon cancer. they told us she wouldnt live long about a year ago, in fact to go get clothes for her funeral. joe was sooo upset as was his family. this is the woman i donated my hair for last year, anyway, she is better now. infact, they say its a remarkable recovery. all im trying to say is, pray for the best, hope for the best, and let God do for you. again, im sorry.

no frugal really yesterday. we decided not to fix our truck. reason is because most of it is cosmetic, and i plan to let my son have it when he turns 16 so whats the reson in fixing it? we took 1000 of it and paid down the balance on the truck. leaveing me 1800 left on it and i should have that paid off by this time next year, if not sooner. i also used the money to catch up on my bills i had outstanding. by paying off bills, i also took our monthly payout amount from over 900 a month, to just under 700 a month. its better, but i still only have 350 a month for bills. so by being that much lower, at least i have a better chance of getting it paid i guess if i have to borrow from mom. i paid off my kitchen stove, and outstanding bills. i have about 200 from the money left to put towords next months bills. im keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers that i get a job soon. its getting scary.

well all have a good day and i hope to talk at you soon.
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 07-09-2005, 03:53 PM

Songberries, Mom2-4, ethansamuel, Carol Ann

and everyone else whose wished us well and sent up prayers.. thank you so much. so many prayers have went up for her from people she's never met although she has heard of most of you as I tell her what's going on on here. Today was a better day... when she had the colonoscopy yesterday they were able to put a "stint" in it's a long metal tube to hold her colon open enough for her to have some bowel movement. She finally ate a little food tonight, cpl. bites of mashed potatoes, chicken noodles, the cap off a bun and some coffee. We will take these little blessings and be thankful. She is doing much better today, spirits are up and pain level is down.
Frugal lately- sent in the rebate for Pepsi, getting $10.00 back and now theres another one for any store, 2 24 packs or 4 12 packs send in the form get another 10.00 back.

Dh needed some nice dress shirts for visiting the hospital, went to the thrift store and bought him 8 shirts for $19.00 then went to Walmarts and bought 4 more, so he's set for awhile.

I went to Joann's and bought a few balls of cotton yarn for dish rags and used my 40% off coupon also Walmarts has Christmas material $2.00 a yard so I bought a yard of Lady Angels material for my potpouri wall things... so that'll make a nice addition to my Christmas crafts show.

Well I should get off here and try to get some housework done, we just got in from the hospital a little bit ago.

Thanks so much for all your support everyone, it means alot.

Anna
Old 07-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Nine Year Member

My grand total for the garage sale was $71.60 after my share of the ad. Not much money but I sold half of what I had at the sale so that is good. All the big bulking items sold and that is great. I still have 2 boxes of 2T clothes & 4 boxes of cloth diapers that I will advertise in the paper using their free advertising policy. I plan on keeping an eye on the garage sales in the area and pulling out my leftover stuff when I'm home to catch some drive by traffic during the next month or so.

I left the sale during the morning and got the yard mowed set the wheels up higher since we haven't had a good rain in a while. Had to get gas for the mower so I filled up the van and used one of my $.10 off gas coupons and saved $1.88 at the gas station.

Took a pizza that I cooked last night for lunch today since my sister's had feed me and the kids for two days for everyone to eat.

Set up the sprinkler this evening in the front yard where I noticed a brown spot in the yard and let the kids play in it. Two for one water usage.

RobertaD
Old 07-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Nine Year Member

[QUOTE=mom2-4]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sueanne

Does anyone know what the number temp is for this? My starter level spoon's "thermometer" broke. I know that one of the Tightwad Gazette's have a recipe that states the temp. But, I don't have my books any longer.
mom2-4......Most of them say 110-115 degrees. Slightly warm to touch able to keep your finger in it for 20 seconds. Also read to add your starter to milk in a small bowl mix than add to rest of pot. Hope this helps.
________
Sueanne

Old 07-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sueanne - how are you doing? I haven't chatted with you in ages!

Carol

Old 07-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Beall's Outlet

Beall's stores have Beall's Outlet store where they have all kinds of merchandise at great prices. They even get stuff from Old Navy and The Gap. The deals get even better when they mark down even further with their "dots". The color of the dot on the tag, means an additional % off the price.
I went in last night, and found all kinds of goodies! The most I paid for any of my 21 items was $4.99...for a long sleeved hoodie jacket.
Altogether, I got 2 hoodies, a blouse, 3 pair of shorts, a pair of yoga pants, 3 bras, a pair of jeans, a sleepwear set and 9 panties. The total was only $40.38!!!!!!!!

The jeans were only 49 cents!!!!!!! Can you believe that?!

These stores are the greatest! Last year, I bought 2 velvet evening dresses for my daughter...for $1.50 each. They were $30.00 minus 95%!

Last edited by bettdev; 07-10-2005 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:31 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna, glad to hear that your MIL's spirits are up, and pain level down. And that she at least ate a bit. That hopefully makes you and DH feel a smidge better. Still praying for you and yours!

Sueanne, yes that helps bunches, thanks sooo much. You are a sweetheart!

bettdev, good to hear from you! Yes that place does sound great! Good job, I think I will look you up and go shopping with you sometime. Although, it does sound somewhat similar to Vanity Fair outlet.

Frugal yesterday was ate at home all day! I even avoided DH request for McD's for breakfast. We got DD's their bathing suits at Kmart for 50% off. Youngest DD also needed a new pair of flip-flops, so as I was looking through the suits, I found one with Care Bears on them, with a pair of flip-flops, so I bought that one. It was only $7, a pair of flip-flops themselves would have been around $5.

Last night, we had DH light up the hibatchi grill. And we roasted marshmallows, to make s'mores. Boy did they taste good.

Hopefully todays frugals will be making homemade laundry detergent, homemade yogurt. And scanning the new sales flyers and matching coupons,for good deals!

Have a wonderful Sunday all!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:30 AM
Nine Year Member

I made up a batch of homemade pre-treater and am real impressed at how well it removed the chocolate pudding on DD2's red shirt & shorts. It was 1/2 c vinegar, 1/2 c water, 1/2 c ammonia, 1/2 c Wisk mixed in a sprayer it is suggested to add the Wisk last so it doesn't sit at the bottom of the sprayer. The pre-treater is basically free as I had all the ingrediants already at home.

Eating lunch at church and will have leftovers for dinner tonight.

Roberta

Closed Thread