Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Not terribly frugal here lately. Just need to pay attention more. However, while at Wal-Mart picking up a bathroom scale, I remembered I needed an ice pack thing for swollen ankles. Bought an ice bag for $5 to use instead of plastic zipper bags each time. I ran into a friend and she told me about the incredible clearance sale on plants. Bought wisteria ($4), large mini rose ($2), and this is the best buy of all--a quaking aspen for $2. a really itty bitty one, but it will grow and provide excellent beauty and shade. Good luck to all tomorrow.

"If you can't convince them, confuse them."

Harry S Truman

Old 07-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

DH did a wonderful frugal thing today--bless his heart! I told him to get a cheap ham and not only did he get a good one, but he also got 2 for the price of one! So, we got almost 4 pounds for a little over $9.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:38 AM

Good morning all!!

We just got the news about the attacks on London. Please pray for the friends and family members of our extended family in the UK.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 07-07-2005, 03:57 AM

Offline For A Couple Days

Ladies

I just found out yesterday that my mil has colon cancer Level 4 and several blood clots going to the liver and leg, she is in the hospital and I will be offline till we find out what we need to do for her. If you have any questions or problems please contact Barbzy or Redcardinal for help. Please pray for my husband and I for the strength to get through this sad time in our lives.

Anna
Old 07-07-2005, 04:08 AM
Nine Year Member

Sorry to hear about your MIL Anna I hope things go for the best.

Frugal today will be working the yardsale eating lunch at Mom's and having dinner at the in-laws with DH's brother & family.

Roberta
Old 07-07-2005, 04:53 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm so sorry about your mil, Anna. I will be thinking of you and praying for you and your dh.
Frugal for today is having the ac off and the windows open. Also, I will be staying home today, so no spent money. Leftovers for lunch and homemade pizza for supper. Yesterday, I emptied my vaccuum cleaner bag and reused it instead of buying a new one. After that very messy affair, I have decided that that will be one of my frugal things I refuse to ever do again. It probably wasn't even that frugal since I had to go take a shower when I finished. lol Well, take care, everyone and have a wonderful Thursday!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna--

I wil be praying for your MIL and your family. I'm sending good thoughts your way!
Old 07-07-2005, 05:48 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

anna so sorry to hear about you mil please know that you all are in my prayers.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Anna - I'm so sorry to hear about your mil. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Connie - I refuse to save all the cool whip containers, etc and reuse. They clutter up my cubboards to much. I like to put leftovers in baggies, they don't take up much room in the fridge that way!

Patrice - I can't wait to hear about your house and everything! I bet it's been fun to visit with your family!

Carol

Old 07-07-2005, 06:30 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna,

So very sorry to hear your news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dh. Take care of yourself.

Its so scary what has happened in London today. We have friends that live in Scotland and are here visiting now. Our cousin wife and dd are scheduled to go to London in the next couple of weeks. Very scary world out there.

JJ,

My dh did the reusing of the vacume bags quite easily, maybe it depends on the type of vacume? Or I may have had a mess just like you if I did it. lol
My refusing things about being frugal hmmm, I am with Barb on the feminine products and I cant bring myself to reuse coffee grounds.

Well ladies I posted my resume on Monster and have gotten 3 responses, only 1 is a real job though. Its for Progressive insurance which is a great place around here to work, but quite a distance from my home! So I suppose there is hope, I just wish dh could get something.

Making a little extra money today I have my daycare child whose mom is on summer break. Extra is extra.
Leighann

Closed Thread