Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

well frugal today is turning off the ac as long as possibal, doing laundry at moms, using her computer, and waiting on the insurance guys. that should be ok too. plus i have dinner ready to take to the park tonight when they do our fireworks, they were postponed till tonight since it rained. not much else going on here tho. ive got to go clean up the house, joe put shelves on teh back of my new closet, just big enough to run a bottle of shampoo on, so ive got my whole storage of them, and all the other bath things there. it takes up 5 shelves made of 4x4s and they are full. i have over 30 each of shamppoo and conditioner, plus body wash, soap and things like that. i think it was a great idea to do that. well thats all for now, guess ill talk at you all later. have a good day.
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 07-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi, everyone! I hope your dh is feeling better, Anna. I agree that you were right in throwing out the chicken. What is that saying, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure?-oh well, anyway, something like that.
Ericka, I'm sorry to hear about your storm damage. Thank goodness for insurance! Your shelves sound so nice.
Ldyroper, I'm sorry for you about your mom. I really don't think that's too bad for moving costs. Good luck to you and I hope all goes well for you.
Frugal today is staying home and doing laundry and cleaning. I have been cooking from scratch and using frezeer meals-holding out until we do all our shopping and errands on Friday. I didn't see any sales I wanted, so I will probably be mostly shopping at Aldi and the fruit market. Take care, everyone and have a great day today!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We're here in Michigan now

We've been here a week now, but have been busy trying to find a place to live and visiting with relatives. We should be moving into our new house Friday, of course we'll have to paint etc. first. We'll be living in Warren, which is further away from where my friend lives but the prices increase the further from Detroit you go, but we'll be in a nice quiet neighborhood. We've been all over Detroit, it's still an ugly city but the attitudes seem to be better than it was 5 yrs ago, that's what everyone keeps letting us know and it's now more diverse in some areas, that's wonderful. It's good to have family around. I spent a few days with my mom and nieces and we had a good time. I am on my computer using my friends computer service right now, so that's why I decided to check in. So, as soon as we move in, I'll let ya'll know and I'll be back on more.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Nine Year Member

Placed the ad for the garage sale this morning added more wording since we were over the 4 line cheap price we were paying $20 for 10 lines even is they weren't used. Have to finish up pricing some kids clothing for the sale and take everything over tomorrow afternoon to set up.

Went to the library and got more books & videos for the kids, turned in my Adult summer reading program paper and my prize was a deck of cards (Magic is the theme) I'm now entered into their grand prize drawing.

Ate out of the freezer for lunch & dinner today.

Roberta
Old 07-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

leasmom its so good to hear from you i was just wondering if you had got moved ok can't wait to hear all about it does lea like it so far? i bet she is excited to be with her grandma take care and post more when you get time

Old 07-06-2005, 05:09 AM
Nine Year Member

WOW! I had a lot of "catch up" reading to do. Am off of work today, and spending alot of time on FC.

Frugal today, I guess not going anywhere that would require me to spend money. It's nice and cool here today, I don't even have the fans going!

Have a grat day!

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 07-06-2005, 06:35 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning everyone.

Frugal today is the little guy is going to a day camp. He will be going for 5 hrs and they will feed him. It only cost me $5. Dd (who is 12 today) will be going to help. So for 5 hours I will be childless. Ds (14 yo) is at summer school. I can't decide what to to do with ALL my free time. I will probably work on my coupons and get my list ready for the grocery store tomorrow.

I hoping that no one was too affected by the topical storm Cindy. I would love to have a little rain. We haven't had any for a month. Our water bill is going to be so high. I am dreading to see the bill. The electricty bill is going to be high also. I guess I need to cut costs other places.

RobertaD--good luck on the garage sale. I need to have one, but I never seem to have a Saturday free.

leasmom--family is wonderful. Don't work too hard with the move.

Anna--a friend of mine, her family had gotten food poisoning. It was so bad. They had gone to a rehearsal dinner and everyone that had eated the chicken had gotten sick. Since then, if I have any doubt about a food it is thrown away.

Norma--I hope you are feeling better.

Have a nice day everyone.

Melly
Old 07-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Melly--

I am the same way about food--when in doubt, throw it out! LOL! I made the mistake in college of eating a lunch that I had left in my car too long (the winter day had heated up more than it was supposed to!) Ugh! I paid for that one! Ever since then, I don't even think twice about tossing something I'm not sure of! It's just not worth the risk!

Frugal so far this week has been the usual bringing breakfast/lunch to work. I received my free movie passes in the mail that I sent for from the Walgreens Savers Club, so I will hopefully be taking in a free movie soon. Went to the library yesterday and picked up a magazine to browse through--didn't have enough time to grab some books too, but I 'm in need of a new read, so I will have to do that soon! Turned of the air today--sounds like it will be OK here for a couple of days, and then back into the mid to upper 90s. At least it's better than battling nasty winter weather!

All for now. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning! Dh is out of town until Friday. Missing him already. So, frugal today is resisting the temptation to get fast food for dinner and instead, are having enchiladas for tonight and homemade pizza tomorrow. I think I will make some chocolate chip cookies as well. We have to get gas for mowing and pick up reserve books from the library later on. Well, ladies, take care and have an awesome day today!
Old 07-06-2005, 07:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Patrice, so good to here you are ok and that you are enjoying yourself. How is Lea doing?

We had a wonderful weekend. It was so nice to just enjoy it and not have to do much of anything.
It is very hot here right now so there is no keeping the AC off. I was hoping to cut our electric bill a little bit more this summer but it is just not going to happen. Oh well. At least it is no longer over 300.00 a month any more.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Closed Thread