Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

farfuhr, where and how does one order groceries online? I HATE and LOTHE grocery shopping with a passion. DH does most of it becuase I hate it so much. I can order clothes and stuff online, but I haven't found a way to order food. In fact, I just got a really nice Black and Decker coffee maker today from FedEx. It cost me $22 and would normally cost me over $35-$40 at Wal-mart. I buy all my grandchildren's clothes via ebay. I get tons and tons of really nice name brand clothes for the same price as one would get them for at a garage sale.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

There's a company here in Utah called Grocery Guys. There are only here though. I do know that Albertson's delivers in most places they have stores, but they charge and their food is expensive anyways. I don't know any other chains that do it. You just have to check around. It is lovely though. I don't know anything else that makes me feel like my grandma must have when she had things delivered. I'm starting to get into the whole shopping online thing, though. I save money because I have to think ahead and not go purely by impulse and big displays.

"If you can't convince them, confuse them."

Harry S Truman

Old 07-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Thanks Farfuhr. There used to be a group, including myself, that would order groceries together, However, I don't know if any here. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled though.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Woohoo!!!! windows open all day, we will surely sleep good tonight

First day below 90*, tomorrow it'll probably be back up *sigh*. Tomorrow we go to a bday party for a friends kid so we'll be eating good all day. She always makes too much and sends most of it home with everyone.

Oh man, gotta go. Dd2 is streaking across the room in front of the tv. I think there was too much sugar today...

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 07-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Snowmoonelk! A fellow Brit! I am in Cornwall and its been chucking it down for days..... Getting a bit depressing now, esp as I am poorly, like bloomin' winter!
Where abouts are you? We have a caravan at Hafan y mor, in Pwllhelli or however its spelt!

Frugal? Have no idea yet, still far too early but I do have to go to Asda today, so sticking to the list would be a good start!
Old 07-02-2005, 09:07 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks jjoj, not too bad today, windy though, but the clouds are blowing away and with them the rain. Great, sun is coming out just as I'm about to go to work! Musn't grumble, had a neighbour mow my field for 4 cans of lager and half a dozen free-range eggs! Very frugal, I'd say!!!

Have been de-cluttering my kitchen - I always aim to clean the house from top to bottom and never seem to get further than the kitchen, why do you think that is?? (And don't say it's because my kitchen is FILTHY!!! LOL!) I guess it's because I potter about in there and do the laundry etc so I feel like I have spent all day in the kitchen...

Hello Honeybee! How lovely Cornwall is. I live in Pembrokeshire. Nice to meet you.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Nine Year Member

I opened the windows since the temperature has gone down and there is a nice breeze.

Moved some furniture around today and finally finished sorting out the playroom, what a chore! Kids like that they can get in there and play on the floor but aren't happy with what Mommy says is going. I hope to sell a lot at the sale next weekend would really help to pay some bills this month. Now if DH would just go through his junk to throw away or sell or keep but NOOOOOOOOO.

No plans today other than to got through the items for the sale and get them priced and ready to go.

Sunday after church we will be going to the in-laws as the rest of the family will be in town for the holiday and will be staying for several days.

Roberta
Old 07-02-2005, 10:19 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Taking a break from working on my resume. Its hard trying to remember all the different things I did!
Jj,
I am quite upset about trying to get a job, I like doing child care and staying home with my children running the household etc. However that doesnt give us health insurance. I have been doing a lot of crying lately its so hard to hide from dh and the kids. Doing the best I can.

The weather here has also cooled down enjoying the breeze!

Tommorow we are meeting another couple and their kids at a place here called Kiddie Park, its been around forever and while cleaning out one of my many junk drawers found a coupon book full of tickets. (Good year after year) Its a mini amusement park and a putt putt place. Evan will have fun and Joshie will probaly enjoy watching. With the stroller I can sneak snacks and drinks in. So it will all and all be frugal.

Better get back to work. Have a good day.
Leighann
Old 07-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

We came back on Wednesday from Texas where we got to watch our 2nd grandbaby be born. I had some beef fajita meat leftover from the quesadillas that I had cooked. I needed to use it up, so I made a beef stew with it. DH said it was the best stew he had ever had.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lee, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this! It really does stink, having to work for benefits. I pray that your DH will find something soon. Enjoy your free afternoon at the putt putt game! Sounds like fun and a good change of pace.

Closed Thread