Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I use my Papered Chef Pizza Stone for everything too. Just wipe it down and it is ready to go again. I have made cookies, bisquits and much more on it.

DH and DS went out for lunch today and to the bookstore. They came home with only a pkg of Yugi O cards. They were even on sale! That is good for DH. LOL

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-26-2005, 07:39 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning!
Norma, your baby afghan sounds gorgeous! I have two teenage boys, also. They are a trip when it comes to food, aren't they?! It sounds like you and Connie both did super on garage sales yesterday!
Catwoman, congrats on the new kitties! I bet they are really sweet.
Frugal today is mostly staying home, but we do need to get dog food for our three big babies. lol Yesterday we bought some wooden blinds for the bedroom and kitchen. Not really frugal, but it will help whenever we decide to sell in a few years. We're just trying to make little improvements here and there within our budget. The problem is neither dh nor I like to spend money, so we have to plan ahead of time how much we want to spend and put it in the budget or save for it. Well, I'd better go get ready for church. Take care, ladies, and enjoy your day!
Old 06-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Assistant Moderator

Ericka, how many gallons does your pool hold? I am guessing you are using chlorine supplies from Walmart or a discount store? We have had our pool for a few years so many I can help you.

Hanging laundry out today. Need to make gallons of ice cream.... I think we have two gallons of goats milk that needs to be used up.

I also picked up some yarn for $.50 yesterday. I am going to try to crochet baby booties. We will see... I can make good dishclothes. That is so much better than a year ago! I am getting there..... I want to make afghans for the kids for thier BD's.... I may get started on them before.... I do want the kids to pick out the yarn. Maybe I should buy yarn to make me one. I am always forgetting to make something for me!

I bought a remnet of fabric to redo my waterbed pads.... it wasn't long enough but after thinking about it, I have figured out how to make it work! I will sew triangles on the ends of a straight piece until it is long enough. New pads for less than four bucks. That is what I like.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello,

We had breakfast from the freezer. Used the cinnamon rolls that I bought on sale with a coupon a while back. I started cooking before dh got out of bed. WOW! He was not too happy. He likes to go out to eat. It just makes me bigger and bigger! Oh, it drains our available funds for another vehicle, fixing the current one, and paying down the credit cards. What a nice thought this afternoon?!?!

I forgot that the pizza stone has so many uses! I will dig it out from the cupboard so I can at least see it and start using it. You know...out of sight, out of mind!

Have a great day everyone!

Andrea

Andrea

shoulder your cross daily
Old 06-26-2005, 10:52 AM

Good Afternoon Ladies

Sounds like everybody's at least trying to think frugally. Mine was going real well till I went to Joann's yesterday to buy more fabric. It was on sale for $6.99 a yard so I got 2 yards of purple 2 yards of red thinking I had 2 coupons I could use which make it half price. I was feeling so good about that bargain that I bought 10 embroidery hoops at 89 cents each, 2 spools of lace, and ? well come to find out only one coupon was a instore the other was a online coupon and because the material was 60% off I couldn't use the darn coupon! Grrr!!! so I spent $43.00 there.. I was really tempted to take it back but I will need it and it's prom material so at Christmas I might not be able to find it.

It is unbearable hot here today... in the mid 90's and humid. So I'm off to lay down and read a good book. Dh is off somewhere? Our lawnmower of 10 years broke this morning, it's a self propelled and the gear shift went bad so he may be out looking for a new gear shift. His mom still has 2 lawn mowers so she'll loan us one till we can get this either fixed or a new one.

Anna

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 06-27-2005 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Nine Year Member

Went to church this morning and after lunch I weeded the front flower beds. Man is it hot out there 96 degress I feel like I stepped out of the shower. We had a little rain yesterday afternoon with a lot of thunder which made the weeds send up their flowers. And I was just thinking on Friday that I would not need to mow well that isn't going to happen in this heat. I wont have time to mow until Wednesday morning anyway when it is 70 at 7 AM. Forecast for this week is high 90's with 30% chance of thunderstorms.

Will finish pulling stuff out of the playroom today and sorting like items into boxes. I have been tossing things that I know I don't want to keep into sale boxes which DD2 has been pulling out and playing with. A lot will come down to when the shelves are full it is out of here, we have way to many stuffed animals. The sale is in two weeks so I need to kick up the pace to clear out stuff in the rest of the house.

DD1 comes home tomorrow night from her trip with the in-laws. She has called 4 times in the past week she is having a blast at her Aunt's house.

Roberta
Old 06-26-2005, 11:58 AM

Good afternoon all!!

It would be nice to lounge this afternoon, but alas for me, that is not to be. I am currently working on turkey, mushroom, and rice stuffed peppers. Instead of tomato sauce, I am using bbq sauce. There will be plenty left, so I will freeze it for a couple of weeks and then do some more peppers

For dinner there will be roasted chicken (with bbq sauce for my boyfriend and nephew) and plain for me. There will also be corn on the cob (I still have to shuck it), and potato salad. I have parts of the potato salad done, need to combine the ingredients and get it in the fridge.

As I was just typing, the cat decided he wanted to sleep on me.

Anyway, got to go, I still have to do the floors, fold some clothes, and finish an afghan.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 06-26-2005, 04:32 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hmm, frugal for me today was cold washing the clothes; using half a dishwasher tablet and the quick wash cycle on the dishwasher; bringing home the plate scrapings from the restaurant where I work, for the dogs/cats/hens and geese; entertaining a friend who brought her own wine!!! and that's about it for today.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Well I'm stretching it a TAD, but frugal for me, was charging this weeks groceries (like every week) on my credit card that gives me REWARD points. In just 2 months, I qualify for $75.00 back ...on stuff I already would buy. Make my credit cards work for ME!

Also frugal, was letting mom pay for lunch. LOL.

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 06-27-2005, 03:57 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

[QUOTE=joesbaby]mom2-4...do you have any idea how much chemical to use for a little 8'x27" pool? i dont think i do it right and im looking for any help on amounts. thank you in advance.
[\QUOTE]

joesbaby, it is really hard to tell how much you should use. There are several factors to consider.
1) what type of chemicals are you using? (just chlorine?)
2) how much the pool is used
3) how much sun the pool gets
4) how dirty the pool gets when the kids play in it.
It is really a good idea to get a pool testing kit, that way you are not using too much or too little. The test kit can be a simple one for your type of pool. Just has to have a chlorine and pH test. I am guessing for the size of your pool, 1/2 ounce (or less) of chlorine each day it is used. Once a week, maybe 1 oz. But, I can not stress to you how important it is to keep the filter clean!! Clean it daily. Not necessarily replace it, but, clean it!! And be sure to scoop the grass and bugs out daily. And even take your mop and mop the bottom of the pool. Hope that helps.

Lee, glad the kids enjoyed the movie, and so did you and DH!! Thanks for letting us know how they were.

Frugal for me today, not much, probably just cold water wash. DD#2 has band camp all week and DD#3 has swimming lessons. So that will be gas used. I will try to take DD#2 to the park between the start of band camp and after her swim lessons and until band camp is over. That will save a trip back home. As band camp is from 9:00 to 12:00 and swim lessons are from 9:45 to 10:30. And camp and swim lessons are just seconds from each other, where as home is minutes away!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!

Closed Thread