Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp123us
Need to get into using the pizza stone from Pampered Chef.

Have a great day!

Andrea

Andrea......Love using the pizza stone worth the extra few minutes heating it up. Pizza crust really comes crispy but light in texture.
________
Sueanne

Old 06-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My all-time favortie kitchen gadget would be the oil-spraying bottle. You fill it with your own oil, pump the cap a few times, and spray (like you would Pam). I like that I can choose my own oil, and that it saves me $$.

Other runner-up gadgets would be my apple corer/parer/slicer, which really comes in handy in the fall when our 3 apple trees are ripe. And my newest favortie is my Food Saver. I never thought I needed one of those, but I just got one as a gift - and I love it. I've been busy sealing the air out of everything in the house!

Oh, and let's not forget the Nesco! I couldn't live without that now!
Old 06-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmoonelk
A gadget that I have had for 15 years and never used, although I do take it wherever I move to (just in case, you understand!) is a PASTA MAKER! I know life is too short to stuff a mushroom, but make your own pasta? Please!!!
snowmoonelk..... Laughed when I read your post. I do stuff mushrooms especially when company is coming for dinner. They are not to hard to make and the raves are worth it.

I too have carted mine around for over forty years. Even bought another one at Goodwill for $10.00 because it had pasta shapes I didn't have. This one has a blower in the front to dry the pasta as it comes out. Once you get the hang of it keep using it.
_______
Sueanne

Old 06-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Nine Year Member

Cutting Down Trees

Had a tree cut down out front that had some damage from the storms last year. Was cheaper to do it now before the next storm. Was starting to show signs of stress damage where the tree was splitting. Charge you more for trimming the tree each year than it is worth. I only paid $12.99
when I put it in myself fifteen years ago. Looks like I will be doing the other one soon too. Will be a pleasure not to rake leaves next year even in Florida. These trees didn't shade my house so will not save me anything on energy bill.
_________
Sueanne

Old 06-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Argh, lost my whole post trying to delete a smily.

Anyhow, frugal today was paying off my credit card (online) before they could charge me any interest. Also did two hours of my at home work (survey, and no I'm not a telemarketer). I need to put in way more hours ASAP. I did my bank balance, and really need to put away some money.

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 06-25-2005, 03:43 AM

Good morning all!!

I am having fun with all your answers to the question about the kitchen gadgets. I particularly love my microwave thngs. I use my steamers all the time (fish, broccoli, corn, potatotes) in particular. I use my pyrex 2 cup measuring cups (I have 2), all the time. I heat spaghetti sauce in the microwave in them, heat gravy, use them for boiling water for my tea every morning, etc. I have plastic 2 cup measuring bowl, with 3 pour spouts and a lid that comes in handy for whisking eggs for microwave omelets (I have a plastic microwave fry pan for that). The lid doesn't fit well, after the pan heats up, it sorta warps. So I place a paper plate on top as a lid. It makes the absolute best individual omelets.

Frugal today will be going to different yard sales with my girlfriend. She lives about 1/2 hour away so I will have to leave soon. Other than the gas to and fro, I probably won't spend much, if anything, except for lunch. This is truly her thing. She loves to ferret out the sales through the newspaper, make maps, number the stops, figure out where to have lunch, etc. She gets excited about this activity, as I get when I get an envie from Carol Ann.

Well, better get a move on. I have no makeup on at that moment, and I don't want to scare anyone today.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 06-25-2005, 04:57 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning! Have fun yard saling, Norma! I'll be looking forward to hearing about all your good deals.
Beckanoah, good going paying off the credit card bill.
Frugal today is staying home and not spending. I bought quite a lot of produce when I was out yesterday. I really need to prepare some to put in the freezer for later use. This morning we have the windows open and the fans going. There is a nice breeze right now, but I am sure we'll need the ac by afternoon.
Lol, Snowmoonelk-you crack me up!
Sueanne, is it difficult to make pasta?
Have a wonderful day today, ladies!
Old 06-25-2005, 05:27 AM
Nine Year Member

I've done 2 loads of cold water wash with 1/2 detergant with vinegar in the rinse. I have the windows open since it was ONLY 71 at 7:00 am, LOL will close them again when it starts getting warmer out. I'm going to go clean up the backyard before it gets any warmer it smells with all the heat we have had in the past week. It has been so dry that the grass wont need to be mowed this weekend. This afternoon I want to finish sorting out the play room, DD1 gets home Monday and I want to have bagged up the things I want to put in the sale before then. Then she will go through and pick things to get rid of as well. DD2 has been having fun this week playing with all the "new" toys that she hasn't seen in 6 months. Found some baby toys which I thought I had gotten rid of them all.

Roberta
Old 06-25-2005, 07:32 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lee, hope you had fun at the movies! Let us know if Herby was a good movie!

Joesbabe, also with the pools, I know that the instructions state to change the filter about every two week. But, we have three that we use, we rotate them, each night we take that days out, and put a "new" one in. The one that was used that day, gets cleaned out at the hose, and set in the sun the following day to dry. My point being, it is best to at least take the filter out daily and clean it up.

Kitchen gadgets?? I don't have very many. I don't buy much of them, I usually try to make due with what I have. I do have a food processor that was purchased at Goodwill for mixing dough, but, haven't had a chance to use it yet. I do use my breadmachine at least once a week, that was purchased over a year ago. I was given a manual shredder, it has several different discs for differnt shreddings. We use this often, for slicing potatoes, and I use it for shredding my soap for hm laun. det. My deep fryer is heavily used over the winter for DH's hot wings, and all year for homemade fries. I use a paring knife for peeling cucumbers, potatoes, and such. And of course my crockpot.

Nothing overly frugal here today I went grocery shopping early. I didn't need to use the AC, and didn't have to open the car window very far, so that saved on gas. The plan is to stay home most of the weekend. I do need to run DD to work though. I think I will use my BLockBuster Gift cards and rent some movies, I also have a coupon, that I will use. Blockbuster is in the same shoppingcenter as where DD works. So, that is technically saving a trip, and I won't have such a hard time returning the movies, since I have to run her to work anyway!!

Well, everyone keep cool without going broke!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 06-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

mom2-4 my dil has one of the 18ft pools and instead of buying the filter she use quit batting rolled nice and tight she also put screen around it but i dont think you would need to im going to try it those filters are expensive

Closed Thread