Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Ldyroper, I was the lucky devil that got to see Toby!!!! Now my cousin and I are working on winning Kenny Chesney tickets, he has Gretchen Wilson and Pat Green with him. Then the DuQuoin State Fair has Blake Shelton and Buddy Jewell, that's in late August, the 28th I think. They are also going to have, on a different day of course, Ricky Skaggs and the first day Lynyrd Skynyrd (did I spell that right?). So much fun to be had!!!

Frugal tonight was making dinner from leftovers and going to my cousin's for dessert, birthday cake. Her oldest just turned 18. Other than the usual stuff, cold water wash, turning the thermostat on the a/c to 78, that's about it frugal wise here.

Have a great day everyone!

Lisa
Old 06-22-2005, 06:45 AM

Good Morning Everyone

Frugal yesterday: No money was spent in our household

Frugal Today: Washed a load of clothes, didn't have time to hang everything outside but dh needs jeans for tommorow so I took out 2 pairs of jeans and hung them on the clothesline. The rest I will hang out in the morning when I have more time will hang on clothes hangers this evening and take out in the am. Mostly t shirts.

I will have to spend money tonight at the store as theres a couple of things I forgot but could live without until now. We're having veggie burgers for dinner and I don't have cheese. I also used up the last of my tub of vanilla yogurt so need to get more. Dh is having problems with water retention even though he takes diuretics ( eating too many salty snacks). So he is now taking 2 smoothies to work each day instead of 1 to replace a salty snack in the afternoon. Healthier choice.

That's about it for now.

Leighann I'm thinking about you today and hoping everythings is going o.k.

Lori Mae

Glad to see you posting again.

Idyroper
Good luck on your move.

Redcardinal

Thanks for reminding everyone the boards will be down for awhile today.

Anna
Old 06-22-2005, 06:50 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by barbszy
Vickilynn, I just had a conversation last week with my brother about those tags. He used to manage a small clothing store in the mall. He said NEVER to try to take them off yourself, as some stores have the kind of tags that will spew INK all over you and the garment. Bring back the dress with the receipt and there won't be a problem.
I'll take it in tomorrow. I guess my great deal wouldn't be so great if I ruin it.

It's supposed to be hot and humid this weekend. If it were just us, we'd probably suffer through with a few fans. But I'll have one SIL staying here again, so will probably have to crack-out the air conditioning.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:28 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle

So, I guess this is the new look of this forum. I kinda like it, but it might take some getting used to.

Anyhow, not frugal today, as I'm craving Chinese from our favorite restaurant 20 miles away, so I think DD and I are going. LOL.

Becky

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:42 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Whoa!!! Cool!!! Well, I like it, different but I like it!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Nine Year Member

Went to the Salvation Army today and bought a brand new with tag sundress for $3.99. I love to find buys like that.

Using up food in the freezer and the cabinets. The cabinets are loaded and I kept stoscking up. Now it's time to use it up.

Have a great day everyone.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 06-22-2005, 10:17 AM

New Boards

Make sure you re-log in, it wouldn't let me do anything till I did.

Anna
Old 06-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

shocking

Goodness...this is a way different look. Yup...It's gonna take some time to get used to.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

So far today I've only been washing our heavier blankets in cold water and then I'm putting them in a big plastic tote to move and store. We just finished lunch eating up leftovers. What a smorgasboard! We had pepper steak and rice, pepperoni pizza, bologna sandwiches... I couldn't stand the idea of throwing that all away-it's the same as tossing money in the trash.
I'm hoping to get out and up to Kohl's and maybe use the $20 giftcard I have for there.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh yeah...forgot to post my "frugalness". I've been cooking more meals at home using up what's in the cupboard and freezer (there was a lot hidden in there that I'd forgotten about). Also haven't been running the heat or AC because the weather has been so mild. Cold water wash on everything but bleach whites.

Also we inherited a tent trailer. Circa 1967...it's a beaut I'll tell ya. It's in great shape and just needs a good scrubbing. The unfrugal part could be in the licensing. The last tags it had was in 1994 to a couple in CA whom I have no idea of. It has been passed down through several people at the airport where my Dad has his airplanes. Hopefully it won't be too hard to straighten out. Also one of our vehicles will need a hitch for about $150 but compared to buying a new tent trailer we'll come out really good.

Hope all is well with everyone. I lurk more often than ever...

Sandra

Closed Thread