Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:40 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Karen,
Thats terrible, I cant beleive the things people do.

We had a frugal weekend, served dh breakfast on fathers day here at home. Skipped the store bought cards....Went to my fathers for dinner, he got a new grill and wanted to cook. Had ribs.
Last night we did a cookout at sil house. Dhs twin and family are here this week on vacation!
Got a surpise envie from Carol full of great coupons. She is the best!
Finaly was able to speak to a human regarding health insurance, according to her dh and I probaly wont be eligible because his unemployment monthly income is 150.00 more than their cufoff for a family of 4. She did say to still fill out the application so hoping maybe they make some exceptions. However I know the kids will be covered. Of course this will take another 30 days.
One good thing going on here is the weather has been really nice. Everyone has enjoyed being outside. The house temp is comfy enough! So no guilt about not having the air running. Although I must confess I did end up turning it on for a couple of days it was unbearable, When Josh had taken a nap and I went to get him he was in a pool of sweat. I felt terrible as he was misrebale. Though I probaly would of thought nothing of it if we didnt have the option. lol
Anna,
Glad to hear your dh got your rose bushes in! MEN!
Lislyn,
I bet you did have a great time seeing Toby Keith. He would be a good concert to attend.
Hope everyone is well.
Leighann
Old 06-21-2005, 05:58 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Karen, that's a little scarey to think an unstable person with a knife was in your yard! I hope you can catch her!

I'll try to keep today frugal. I'm going to JC Penny's to see what's on clearance (I have a gift card to use). Then to the library. DS got an 8-week old Chocolate Lab for his brithday, and I'm going to look for some books about training it.

He likes to jump on people (I mean the dog -- well, sometimes DS does, too). And, the other day, he ate some of my geraniums, and threw-up all over the deck. I also have to figure out how to keep him quiet at night.

We'll be eating left-overs from the weekend again.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:27 AM

mom2-4

That's awful that someone would do something so mean! After our vandalism and theft last year I can totally understand your feelings of violation!

Monday: No money was spent in our household. That makes 2 days in a row.

Unfortunately today I have to mail out a candle order so money will be spent at the post office though technically I get reimbursed so I don't think that counts as money spent.

I spent Monday evening visiting several of my neighbor lady friends, gave away my first "His Glory" candle. I had lit it to see what it would smell like, if I needed to do adjustments to the formula, etc. my neighbor wanted to buy it but I just gave it to her because it had been burned. She also ordered one of the "Lick Me All Over's and Love Potion #9. Tonight I will be working on getting candles made up to take to the mall this weekend.

I'll miss you all while we're down. Have a good afternoon.

Anna
Old 06-21-2005, 06:40 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Poor you and yours, Karen, after all that effort and money spent. I agree with Vickilynn about this person's mental stability - is she know in the neighbourhood for behaving like this, or has she just targeted your family?

Frugal for me today is going to make some elderflower wine (ok, I need to buy sugar, but the rest is free!)
Old 06-21-2005, 09:49 AM

We're Back Up

Hi everyone

We're back up now, so everybody come on board and tell us your frugal savings today.

Anna
Old 06-21-2005, 10:03 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks for all your sympathies about our pool. I should have known ahead of time. I think the suspect, wanted to just pull the plug, like previous years, but, the plug is on the other side this year, and I think she was furious about that so went inside, and saw a knife and came back out, and took care of it that way.

Quote:
Originally posted by boggsZ
oh my karen that is awful i wish you could prove who donw that that is just evil at work. hope this one stays ok did you get the same size and do the kids like it?
Yes, we wish we could prove it too. Yes, we got lucky when I went to get the liner at Wal-Mart the had that same size, only more expensive, this one actually had a ladder with it. But, yes the kids love it!! Now, only if it would get a bit warmer, I could get in and enjoy it.(I like warm water)

Quote:
Originally posted by OSI
That's awful that someone would do something so mean! After our vandalism and theft last year I can totally understand your feelings of violation!
You know I wouldn't feel so violated if it would be a situation where the one we suspect, we didn't let their kids in the pool. But, their daughter is actually the first neighbor kid to get in the pool!!! Go figure!

Quote:
Originally posted by VickiLynn
Karen, that's a little scarey to think an unstable person with a knife was in your yard! I hope you can catch her!
Yes it is very scary!! And the scarier part is the suspected has a daughter the same age as my daughter, I really don't want a competition thing going between my kids, just for them to play together.

Quote:
Originally posted by snowmoonelk
...is she know in the neighbourhood for behaving like this, or has she just targeted your family?
Well, she thinks everyone should watch her kid for her all the time, for free, while she sits inside and watches TV!! She also verbally "attacked" me last year. Approached me asking me what my problem is??? Just because I was over talking to another neighbor lady!!! Her opening line was "Karen what is the problem" I responded with "I don't know what is the problem?" She just went off yelling at me. I don't think I posted on this thread about it, but I know I posted on the Friendship Flower thread about it!

Well, I had a frugal flop today! I thought I would be smart and put a tuna noodle casserole in the crock pot. I wasn't thinking and I added the noodles right away!! Now I have something more like Tuna mush soup!! It smells good though, just don't look very appetizing!!! I don't understand why the noodles went to mush, but it is still so "soupy" like??? I understand the mush noodle part, but not the soupy part!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I had a reply all posted out earlier, and it got deleted when the maintenance started.

Karen, I'm sorry about your pool. I hate vandals, but especially ones that tear up things meant for children to enjoy, such as pools and parks, etc.

Frugal today is staying home and cleaning.

Uh-oh...dd just found one of my dimes, and is begging for it to go in her bank. Gotta go....

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Karen, I hope it all works out with your neighbor & the pool.

I have some idea why your casserole came out so soupy. First, you're right, the noodles can't go in at the beginning. Second, being a sealed environment, all the steam that cooking creates goes right back into that crockpot. I don't know how much liquid you put in but even after the noodles absorb some, the steam will create more.
Were you using a recipe that you normally do in the regular oven, and didn't make any changes for the crockpot?
Old 06-21-2005, 11:06 AM
Nine Year Member

Kren-----What happened to your pool is awful. It really makes me mad, and to think an adult is the suspect. What is going on in this world!!! I will refrain from going on!

Went food shopping today, and I did save $39.00. I have to go back however, because they over charged me on a can of coffee. It's only a matter of $1.22, but in the past I'd have let it go. Not any more!

Had to work yesterday, but am off today and tomorrow. Have to work Thrusday, and a few hours on Friday. DD is graduating from Allied Medical School on Friday. Frugal is, I am making here cake. I refuse to pay for those store cakes when I know mine taste better, and I can decorate them better.

Well.....I'm in a rambling mood here,k as you can see. Have a great afternoon, everyone.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi, everyone!
Karen, I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with a neighbor like that. I wonder what in the world would make a person act in such a way? Creepy, creepy. I have made things that have turned out like that in the crock pot before, also. I never thought about the steam creating more liquid. That makes perfect sense. I usually cook the noodles separately and don't add them in at all. I do the rest in the crock pot and just pour it over the noodles.
Oh, good job, Anna, not spending any money two days in a row! That's wonderful!
Vickilynn, those chocolate labs are such beautiful dogs. I have a friend who uses them sometimes, to train for social dogs. It's amazing all the things they can be trained to do-like turning light switches on and off-that would be handy. lol
Today, I had to go and get my hair trimmed. It had been almost three months, so- definitely time for it. I filled the gas tank on the way, which was frugal because on the way home I noticed the price jumped to 2.09 to 2.24. Unbelievable! I am not going to go out much unless I really need to and work hard on combining trips. Well, I hope you all have a great afternoon, and I'll talk to you later!

Closed Thread