Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:20 PM

Well it's been a busy day, looks like everyone is off doing household stuff too.

I took library books back on time, saving late fees (yay for me!). I also stopped at my Cat Welfare thrift store, haven't been there for awhile. They had a whole box of cotton yarn about 12 skeins I think 50 cents each

I went to Joann's as I had forgot to get the lace for those potpouri things, they had it on sale for 99 cents a spool.

Well that's about it for now.

Anna
Old 06-18-2005, 05:46 PM

Good evening all!!

Melly and Anna - great job on ferreting out those deals.

I went to my sweepstaking meeting, and won $30 in the 50/50. That more than paid for my lunch, so going turned out to be frugal.

But I didn't hit any stores on the way home, so that was frugal.

I have been looking through the grocery fliers for tomorrow, getting those lists together.

Also, I pulled weeds, cut limbs back, put down newspaper and grass clippings to better define an existing flower bed so my nephew doesn't mow there by mistake, and it gives him that much less lawn to mow, saving me money on gas for the mower. Somewhat frugal there. I was outside for a full hour and a half. For me that is monumental. But it was 6:30 - 8:00 a.m., no bugs, no heat, no sun. What more could I ask for?

Then when I came home, I have been crocheting and only have a couple more rounds to complete this afghan.

Dinner was very frugal - sliced cold chicken, sliced tomatoes and an ear of corn. The corn has been exceptional so far this year, and just within the past couple of weeks, the tomatoes in the stores are really starting to be wonderful.

Does anyone have pear trees? I would like to know if these little itty bitty things that look like berries are really the pears. The peaches are finally starting to produce, and I go out to check on them every couple of days. The first year, the squirrels were hopping on the tree (it was that small) and knocking the beginnings of the fruit off. This year there seem to be a lot of spots where the birds have pecked, but the fruit is holding. So I am hopeful.

Well ladies, thanks for the help with the pear question in advance.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 06-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Nine Year Member

Norma yes the first beginning of the pear looks like a cherry but will continue to grow. The pears on my Mom's tree are about the size of a golf ball right now.

Frugal today was helping with road side clean up, free donuts & drinks for breakfast. Afterwards went to lunch with the inlaws and they paid, I used a coupon for a free kids meal. This evening we ordered pizza (used a coupon for the pizza and free break sticks) and the inlaws paid before taking DD1 with them to go to NJ she will be gone for 10 days if she lasts that long LOL. I paid $0.00 for food today.

Took DD2 to my parents to spend Saturday & Sunday night with them so we can go to the NASCAR race in MI tomorrow. I made turkey sandwiches for lunch and we are grilling Big Red Smokes afterwards. I'm taking drinks and snacks as well.

Mom's cherry tree is loaded so I will wear old clothes Monday when I pick up DD2 and pick cherries before coming home.

Roberta
Old 06-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

today we went fishing. didnt catch but 3 small catfish and threw them back. i wanted a whole mess of catfish too. i havent had a mess of them yet. other than that. did laundry and cleaned house. took snacks with us to fish. had found a coupon where you buy a candy bar, get a free soda. so i got 3 candy bars, and got 3 sodas free for us too.

not much else happeing. i think we may go fishing again tommrow and see how that turns out. i have alot left to do at home, so i dont know if ill go or not.

glad eveyone is having a good weekend.

talk atyou all later.
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 06-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi! It sounds like everyone has been busy this weekend! Today has definitely been unfrugal as we went to the matinee to see Batman and then out for dinner for Father's day. Not frugal, but I think dh had a great day, so it was worth it. I didn't think I'd really like Batman, but it was pretty good. We did sneak in drinks and snacks, so at least we were frugal in that way. Other than that, I've been weeding in the garden and still keeping the ac off. Such a blessing that it is cool enough to do that.Someone must be having a bonfire this evening-it smells so good with the windows open. Well, I'd better go and plan my menu for this week and organize the grocery list for Friday. Take care and enjoy the rest of the evening!
Old 06-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Not doing a lot of unusual frugal things. Last night bought a few groceries and used my $10.00 off coupon that I received last week for spending over $50.00.

I wish we could keep the air off but DH would not stand for it. He is very hot natured and with his allergies we cannot keep the windows open. I do turn it down sometimes when I start to freeze.

Today we went out for lunch for Father's Day. I did buy his presents on sale and he really liked them.

I hope everyone saw Amanda's message at the top of the page about FC being down on Tuesday.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-20-2005, 05:11 AM
Nine Year Member

I had turned up the thermostat yesterday when we left to 80 since it was just the dogs home. We took lunch & dinner and drinks with us to the NASCAR race we did buy breaksfast out at Bob Evans on the way and licorious and 2 20 oz Pepsi at the race OUCH $3.50 each.

I have the windows open this morning getting free cool air. Filled up the car using my last $.10 off per gallon of gas coupon but will earn more as soon as I go grocery shopping. Doing cold water wash and rolling cigs for DH. I'm going to my Mom's soon to pick up DD2 and pick cherries to clean and freeze for pies & crisps.

Roberta
Old 06-20-2005, 06:25 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well, my SIL with cancer was feeling pretty good this weekend. Her two sisters stayed here. I did put-together a barbeque for the family (16 people). It was worth the cost and work to see SIL smiling again. At least we got her mind off things for a little while.

And we have enough left-overs to last most of the week. Good thing, because it's going to be too hot to cook.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

VickiLynn, your family is in my prayers.

We made DH his fathers day ice cream cake instead of buying one. So that was our frugal thing for the weekend. Other then that just some grocery shopping. Sometime I think there is never going to be a good sale here again. It just hasn't happened in so long. If anything everything has gone up.

Going to be staying home a lot this summer. But that is okay too. There will be no grass this year. We have flood irigation and it is just yucky so DH is looking into getting a pump so we can water properly. All the water runs to one part of the yard. Next summer we will get the grass and flower beds in. And the garden. Can't wait for my garden. I was very dissapointed that I couldn't have on this year. I do have three tomato plants. That is it. Oh well everything takes time. I should be used to that it took so long to get this house I shouldn't coplain about waiting one year for my garden. Just sometimes I really hate waiting.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Frugal this weekend was staying home and getting some yard work done. Did a bit of library book reading too, so that was frugal. The only money I spent was on gas, and that was just a necessary evil! LOL! We haven't needed the air last week, but it looks like things will be heating up this week again, near 100 by the end of the week. I will hold off turning on the air as long as possible though. Brought breakfast and lunch from home to work again today, so I think I'm officially on the frugal lunch wagon again! Had a week there when I just couldn't get myself motivated to bring lunch with me and ate out EVERY day! Ouch! Other than that, just did the usual scouting the ads and the coupons. Plan to do some Aldi shopping on the way home from work tonight. Hope everyone has a great week!!

Closed Thread