Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:42 AM
Assistant Moderator

I missed the shower cleaner recipe. Where is it?

When I am done upstairs then I will need to tackle the basement. It is soooo bad, you can barely walk to the sewing machine. I really hope, IF I ever get to move to have a sewing/art/craft room and a den/library/homeschool room. Of course I would like these rooms to be BIG. I think no matter what, I will need another file cabinet. Where to put it is the problem. We bought my grandmothers mission sideboard eons ago with the agreement I can only sell it to a family member. Really dh did this when I was in the hospital after having ds. Since there isn't a hutch on top, there isn't enough room for my china and crystal. I do have a old old china hutch in the basement. It was left here by the previous owners. I should refinish it. Thick off white enamel paint....

Bad news over the weekend. Now workmans comp says dh's shoulder isn't covered. The doctor says it is but the insurance says no. Guess we have a bunch of medical bills to pay on now.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:27 AM

Bluebird

I really don't have any "strict" formula. I use about half cup Dawn, half cup bleach and the rest water... shake it up in a spray bottle 32 oz. and spray my shower with it after each shower. I really pretty much just eyeball it. Anyways, it self cleans pretty much and NO MILDEW! It takes a few times of doing this but once you get in the habit of spraying, my shower is really clean. It doesn't work as well under the bath mat, UGH!

Anna
Old 05-18-2005, 08:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Anna - thanks for the shower recipe, I missed it too, but I'm going to try it!

Carol

Old 05-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Nine Year Member

I did some stock up shopping at CVS this morning and picked up 2) 12.6 oz Joy for $.39 each, 3) Deodarants for $1.28 each (2 Ban, 1 Degree), 1) 6 dbl roll Angel Soft pack for $1.49, 24 ct Pepsi for $4.89, and the manager subbed 2) 16.5 oz Coco Puffs for the $.99 7 oz sale price since they were sold out and wouldn't be getting in any more.

When I go to the grocery I'll redeem 5 free coupons for meal bars that they were out of stock of last week.

I was able to find 300 animal stickers for $3.00, and got 240 wipes for $6.49 which I signed up to donate for VBS in June.

I'll be popping in the oven soon the thawed turkey breast for dinner so we will eating turkey for several days LOL.

Roberta
Old 05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Roberta--
Great job on all the good deals!
Old 05-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Roberta--Good job.

Melly
Old 05-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Nine Year Member

CVA Gift Card

Looks like CVS is having some great deals this week. Just got a $25.00 Gift Certificate in the mail for new prescriptions or transfers. They even have it in their coupon page in their circullars. Filled a new prescription today through my insurance company that cost $25.00 so was entitled to the card. At least the prescription in the end was free.

Just hope it works on my sinus infection that would be a real gift.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I will be moving too

Been lurking lately, to busy to write. But got a chance. I too am moving over to Butte Montana. Just as soon as I find a place with at least 20 acres for the horses. Im really excited, but dread packing and all the stuff and junk thats accumulated. UGH!
I am heading out this Saturday to go look, its an 11 hr drive, so wont be back till Wednsday the earliest. Have to take some stuff over to my husbands place, which is 4 hrs from here. We dont live together right now, as he doesnt get along with my son, and I chose my son over him. Oh well, maybe after my son has graduated HS and moved on he will move with me. frankly ladies, I really dont care.!!
Not frugal lately, my truck needed brakes, drums and a rotor.
I will survive I keep telling myself.
I drive school bus and we are out this friday. So I will be able to get alot done then with decluttering, packing, sorting etc...
Old 05-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Moving, wow so many of us are moving!!!

Ldyroper, I think you are a true mom in choosing your son. I wish there were more women like you who cared about their kids as much.

Moving-I won't be bringing much, I am bringing the cat-(we just got him a few weeks ago), the hamsters, Lea's new bike-(which will take nearly all of the space in our trunk), our clothes, very little of her toys, the microwave, coffee maker, toaster, etc. some things like blankets, and a few things that we have but nothing else. Our car is too small, its a Buick LeSabre. Most of our important things are at my sister's house in Colorado anyway. We'll get it as soon as we can. But, everything else has to go, everything!!! I'm gonna replace everything when we get there. My friend is gonna give me a table and chairs. I am taking a blow-up cot for Lea, I have no ideal where I'll sleep. We'll be staying with my friend and her family in their apartment until we find a place. She has openings in her building. She wants us directly next door but I need my space and sanity. I wouldn't mind being in the same building...I'll have to get used to being in an apartment again. Rent is like $1,200 up there...gesh. My rent is less than $400 and I have an entire house and two HUGE lawns that take me 2 hrs to mow, and theres a swingset that comes with the house. But, we'll have to give up something to have something...it's better to have a stable job and to have someone to watch my child.

I don't know if I posted that I was at my new department, Reservations, at the same job and nearly lost it Friday because I told them I had no family here and I had to drop her off at a drop-off center which doesn't open until 9:00 which is when we work on Saturdays and my new boss had a fit on me, saying that when she asked me in my interview if I had a problem working Saturdays and I said no, that basically I wasn't being truthly, despite the fact that in the other department I was used to them knowing that I had to do that to work and they just told me to come as soon as possible. And so she told me that this is a different department and that she felt that I had to be there from across town-(with no straight shots at all), in 10 minutes and that's what she was gonna give me. I was in shock and scared to death, again that I would lose my job, despite doing VERY well, in both my first and second week in the Reservations dept. I went to the daycare that Saturday and the Daycare woman didn't come until 9:00 and then she couldn't find her keys. So, I called and my new boss said she'd talk to me when I got there. So, I didn't get to work until 9:30. I thought she was gonna fire me but she said that things happen and don't make it a habit...and then I had to worry because Lea was out of school next week, thank goodness I have found something good for her. But, I really hope this interview with this other job-(which was postponed for tomorrow), will work out so I can leave that place and hopefully save up a little more money.

But, also good news, a friend of mine told me that the place next to my current job has a church program which was $10 a wk. $20 if you need before/aftercare. I went and signed up but she almost wasn't able to go because she's Special Needs. Yes, they have it on there form that they don't take special needs kids. Well, my dd is definately Special needs, she is Adhd/Bipolar/and they believe she is Aspergers syndrome as well. She is on Strattera which is a 24hr ADHD med that is working very well for her. I was shocked that they would discriminate like that. They accepted her though, so even if I stay at my current job, she will be cared for and it won't cost me as much and they'll provide breakfast and lunch. If I stay at my current job, I won't have to pay for before/aftercare. If I get this other job I will. I am hoping that this new job will fit into a schedule I can work with and has either more hours at the same rate of pay or is more money-(so I can save up more money for my move)-than I'll go there, if not, I'll stay at my extremely boring job in Reservations where sometimes we have gotten 2 calls per hour- I do like it though boring, I nearly fell asleep yesterday, I do like what I'm doing but I would prefer more money and more stability and hopefully not having to work weekends where I have the hardest time finding daycare.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Patrice, I'm sorry you are having trouble getting care for Lea. As for the church program discriminating against special needs--I see it a different way. I have taught in church schools and my kids go to one now. There just are no resources for special needs kids, who so often need extra personnel and sometimes equipment in order for them to have their needs met. Small settings just don't have what it takes to meet those needs and it is really unfair to the special needs child to place them in a setting where their needs can't be met. I know you keep up on Lea's needs; some parents don't and they try to place them in an environment where it can't be handled. It's heartbreaking for the teacher who is trying, and just can't. So I hope it all works out well for you.

As for the bike--did you consider posting a WANTED on freecycle for a bike rack? You could put it on top of the trunk and have your stuff in it.

Ldyroper, good luck with your upcoming move too!

Closed Thread