Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:20 AM
Nine Year Member

Hi All!

It's been so long since I've had the chance to post. Off this week, and then working partime. YESS!!!

Anyway, hanging a load of jeans outside today. I'm also brewing a batch of green sun tea.

Kicking my first day off wiith a trip to the Salvation Army. Haven't had the chance to go there in some time.

Have a great day!

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 06-14-2005, 07:46 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Good afternoon, BoggsZ - I was JUST thinking about pickling some eggs, as I have a few surplus (I usually sell them at the pub I work in). I do have an easy way to peel fresh eggs - crack the hard-boiled egg (pointy end) and slip a spoon (I know it sounds weird!) between the shell and the egg. Work the spoon all the way round and lo and behold! you have a peeled egg. I usually do this under cold running water. Mind you, if I am hard-boiling them, I usually use the older eggs first anyway. I keep the fresh eggs for their lovely runny yolks. Good luck.

Poor old you, Emmjean - I once had a run-in with a washing machine repair man who "knew everything" At about the same time I was having the repair done to my machine (and he had to keep coming back and forth for days...couldn't get the part, fell ill, blah blah blah) leaving me with 3 small kids and LOADS of washing, another woman in a different part of the country actually locked her repair man in the house and refused to let him out until he had completed the job! A bit drastic, I know, but sometimes they really are irritating. It was on the national news, and it really hit a chord with women everywhere!

Yes, Barbszy, supper is usually a snack like a piece of toast and a milky drink just before bed. Mind you, we don't usually eat all those meals - just breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Why is your dad cycling round Ireland? My son, Tom did that the summer before last with some friends. They had a great time and came home with tales to tell. My father is from County Cork and I live not far from the ferry port of Pembroke Dock.

Thanks for the welcome, Mom2-4 and Emmjean! sorry to have gone on so long.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

snowmoonelk, great minds think alike i did try the spoon thing and it does work well hey would you mind sharing your pickled egg recipe and how you do them pleaseeeeeeeeee

Old 06-14-2005, 08:35 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hooray, BoggsZ, you don't hang about, do you! Glad to be of assistance.

Now them, I use Sarson's distilled malt vinegar by Crosse and Blackwell. Some people add chillies and other flavourings, but I don't bother (lazy, really). Heat the vinegar so it's hot but not boiling. Sterilize your jars, pop in your beautifully peeled eggs and pour over the vinegar. Nothing to it! Leave for about 4 weeks and they should keep for a couple of months (maybe 6) but I can never wait that long!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:51 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by EMMJEAN
...then when he was leaving he had the nerve to tell me my house was a manufactured home. And they usually didn't deal with manufactured homes. I had to argue with him. I mean I only watched my house being built from the ground up. He just wouldn't believe me. I felt really crummy after he left. Sorry for venting.
Hmmm, is this a company or just a "guy"? Is the same company that installed the unit??? If it is a company, I would be hot on the phone to the company and telling them how the repairman treated you. Even if they were not the ones that installed it. But, if it is the same company that did install it, I would be very harsh!!

And don't feel crummy, obvioulsy he is a real donkey!!! (or as we call it in our house, an eeyore!)

Well, here we are again another summer, and I am going around with the pool issue! We do have a rec pass, but it seems that every day I am dropping off and picking up the kids. It seems to me that it will be worth the $104 to buy one of the easy set intex pools. Just a bigger one this year, as the one last year was too small, especially with four kids even with one or two of them in it with one of their friends it was not big enough!! I am thinking it will save on wear and tear on the vehicle, and gas! If I do buy one it will be the 12' X33" one and we will save it this time!

Frugal for me was hanging out the wash that was washed in cold water. And just staying home. And resisting to jump on the two for tuesday deal at dominoes!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:56 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

snowmoonelk thanks a bunch im going to try it

mom2-4, we bought one of the 16 ft easy set pools and we love it we had it set up last year and really didnt use it so we bought a 12 this yr and its been so hot wish we had the 16 the 18 is really big my ds has that one it is so nice to just jump in when you want i think its a great investment.

Old 06-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Well, frugal today has been staying out of the stores, for almost an extra week. I am going to go to the stores tomorrow, but I am organizing my coupons today, and it will be with a plan.

We just received news last night that my brother is getting married on July 16th. He and fiancee' just had a baby May 31st. So we have a lot to do, and not a lot of time to do it in.

Becky

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 06-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

i have a simple set pool, its the smallest one i think, only a 8'x 27" one. its perfact for my 2 girls..if they wear alot ALOT of sunscrean..no more 2nd degree burns but its the right size for them. i got it last year on clearence at walmart at xmas. i hope i can find a bigger one for them for next year, but i cant justify the cost unless i get it on sale. so im keping my fingers crossed.

not much fruagal here, doing laundry at moms, using her comptuer, and cleaning up my house. i have to go to town later and get an id card for my dd for going with my auntie to disney tommrow. its a safty precaution. i have all her things ready and im all ready to go. i have to drive her to terre haute IN, so im hopeing its a nice day.

have a good day everyone
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 06-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My kids don't know it yet but today was their last "full" day of school. Tomorrow was supposed to be a full day also but it is so hot in the school that they are sending them home at noon.
Right now the whole school is in the air-conditioned cafeteria, watching movies. I'd rather have them home.
The lunch lady gave me a whole boxful of apple juice, lemonade and punch, about 20 drinks. They had planned for one more day of lunches, so now they had to get rid of all the drinks. That was cool with me

Snowmoonelk, my dad's mother was born in Co. Waterford, Ireland. We all visited 25 years ago, and my dad has always wanted to go back. He lives bicycling and always dreamed of a trip like this. Even better, he survived cancer last year so this is really a dream come true for him.

Emmjean, do complain about the way the repairman treated you. I hope they send someone different today. that is just WRONG.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:51 AM

Good Afternoon Ladies

Oh all this pool talk and weíre sitting in our office with sealed windows and no AC! Our building is big and we have several acís throughout the building but the one for my side of the office isnít working, so itís hot and sticky here.. whew! Itís getting ready to storm here the air is hot and humid so thatís not helping either.

Iíve been enjoying reading everyoneís posts today.

About the only out of the ordinary I did frugally today is I made the yogurt smoothies this morning. I took Kroger brand vanilla yogurt, added 4 frozen strawberries and a ľ of a cup powdered milk (water added to make it the ľ cup) put it all in the blender and crushed. It made 2 of those little 7 oz. Dannon Smoothies (saved the containers). It was just a tad tart so I may add a pocket of splenda to tomorrows batch.

Sueanne

Thanks for sharing the photos, that really is a pretty piece. Iím on hold on this project while I scent my potpouri.. so wonít be taking them to the mall this coming week. Bummer. I love taking down new things, the girls get so excited to see different things come in.

Futureteacher

Good job getting back on track. Try to get a little variety of fruits, like grapefruit one day, a banana, apple, etc. so you donít get bored. I personally like apples and bananas and have been taking 2 apples each day. I found GFS has a bag of 10-12 big beautiful red apples for $3.55 so I slice them in the morning put in baggies and have one in the am and one in the pm. Being diabetic, I have to have these little mini snacks throughout the day to keep my sugar even so this helps in 2 ways.. craving for unhealthy snacks and maintaining my blood sugar levels.

Danstigerangel

Glad to see you popping in.

Well guess thatís about it for now.

Anna

Closed Thread