Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am glad that FC is back up. It was down all lateThursday night and wee hours of Friday morning. By being down it did allow me to get my mailbox cleaned up a little more.

3girlsmom - congrats to your husband on his new job!

We went to our church picnic tonight. We did win a couple things and it does support our church. We ate at home using up some leftovers. I was glad to get out as it rained a lot and the kids were starting to get on each other's nerves and mine!

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ericka - ooh, I hope your kids feel better soon! Sunburns are the worst.

Not much frugal here. We're going to a potluck dinner tonight for church. I'm making a big broccoli, cauliflower salad. It's going to be outside, in the mountains, so it should be lots of fun.

Well, gotta go get my bread out of the oven.

Carol

Old 06-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Nine Year Member

I washed the siding this morning, washed the curtains in the living room, did a load of laundry, washed the bathroom ceiling, walls & floor. Boy my shoulders are sore.

We watched a Little House on the Prairie Chirstmas DVD from the library this afternoon. Picked up another DVD from the library for DH & myself to watch this evening.

Roberta
Old 06-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I have not done anything frugal lately. FC needs a thread, "What You Have Not Done Frugal" LOL. That has been us lately. I need to buckle down and do better.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Melly
Old 06-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

Me too!
Old 06-11-2005, 04:16 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

what I did frugally today

Hello from the UK...It is so interesting reading what you have all been up to! Today, I cut all my dishwasher tablets in half (right through the plastic wrappers) and have noticed no difference in cleaning ability. Yesterday, I took oranges to the beach instead of juice or squash and when the children got sticky, they jumped in the sea to wash off!
Old 06-11-2005, 04:32 PM

melly & bluebird

hanging my head in shame as I too have not been very frugal this weekend. We spent over $300 in 2 days between grocery stores and my candle supply store, Ouch!

Will have to really, really do better this coming week.

I bought a big container of vanilla yogurt ( I should get motivated to make my own again). Anyways, I also bought a bag of frozen strawberries. I'm going to mix the two and try to make smoothies to take to work in the leftover containers from the smoothies we already bought. The container was $1.79 regular priced versus $2.99 on sale for 4 small smoothies. So we'll see how it goes.

Dh replaced our shower head last night for $9.00 in parts at Lowes Hardware. He also replaced a electrical outlet in the wall, converted it from a 2 phase to 3 phase (I think I'm saying that right?) where you don't need that little converter thingy when you have a 3 prong plug. Cost: 59 cents for the new box.

I bought Leather scent at the candle supply store today. I'm going to make it into scented salts which I will put in sealable envelopes and put in our vehicles to make them smell like new leather.

We also bought Lemongrass, Cherry, Honeysuckle, Nag Champa, and Aqualina Sugar Pink and more incense sticks. It takes awhile to make those incense sticks 3 days and alot of patience. I burned my first one tonight "Moonlight Path".

Well I'm off for now, housework awaiteth.

Anna
Old 06-11-2005, 04:38 PM

snowmoonelk

Welcome to the Frugal Living section and a Big American welcome from FC.

What part of the United Kingdom are you in? We'll all be excited to talk with someone new from overseas with a little different perspective of frugal living and hopefully we can all learn from each other.

Oranges on the beach sounds both frugal and a delicious and nutritious treat. We try to do things like that when we go out of town instead of falling into the fast food trap.

Enjoy your time with us and we look forward to getting to know you better. You are in a different time zone aren't you... like 6 hours behind us? We have alot of customers where I work at from the UK.

Anna
Old 06-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Nine Year Member

Most frugal was not going to the grocery this week as I bought an extra gallon of milk last week so we will be good till mid week.

I have cut back the dishwasher detergent by half for months the dishes are just as clean. I also use half the recommended amount of laundry detergent except on the occational load of extremely dirty clothes.

Gas jumped to $2.09 here so I put off filling up I have 1/4 of a tank left. I'm hoping by mid week the price will drop a little then I'll use my $.10 off a gallon coupon at Kroger's.

Roberta
Old 06-11-2005, 06:00 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thank you, Anna, for your lovely welcome...I live in Pembrokeshire, a rural/coastal county in West Wales. It is very beautiful here, and, so far, we are enjoying a fabulous summer.

It is 3am here and I am up so late (early!) as I recently got home from work and have found it difficult to "wind down"! I really must go to bed in a minute, as I have work tomorrow morning - well, not until 11am, anyway!

I am really into conservation and frugal living and we recycle as much as we can and use charity shops and go to car-boot sales.

That's it for now, I really love FC and hope to speak to you again soon!

Best wishes, Susie.

Closed Thread