Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:50 AM

Ericka

I've been burned like that before at Cape Cod, MA. now we always use sunscreen and you must reapply every time you come out of the water. To sooth the burn and blisters, use Aloe Vera gel... you can get it at the dollar for $1.00... it helps tremendously as does Noxzema.

Anna
Old 06-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

i got some type of silvercream thing at the dr. it really turns silver. looks wierd, but he also suggested the alovera. i got thta. and the noxema i used last night...they cried and said it burned. i took it off them and used cool clothes then for them to sleep. poor babies..i feel badly about that..ive never had a pool or swam alot and i didnt know that you needed to reapply it. i feel so stupid.

ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 06-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

OUCH Ericka, I hope they feel better soon! I burn like that. Luckily my kids don't. They got the Easy-Tan-Polish-Skin from DH.

Frugal today was finally replacing my bar wipes. The pack I had was at least 5 years old and probably older. I got a dozen at Walmart for under $5. I use these for wiping tables, counters, etc. in the kitchen, sometimes for pot holders, and for cleaning around the house. They were getting pretty ratty, frayed, etc. but I will still keep them for the super-icky jobs. I think the bar wipes stand up to more use than regular dishrags do, plus they're more versatile. I can't begin to count how much I've saved on paper towels since buying these.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:51 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks to everybody for the congrats. I feel so much better now. Lee...I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for your DH. Erika..Hope the girls feel better soon. I will make sure never to forget sunscreen again!

Still hot and humid here. Tomorrow my 3 girls and I are going to their soccer picnic. It only cost $15 (I had to pay) for the whole day. That includes meals, drinks, rides for the kiddies and different art activites for about 4 hours. I did spend some money for tomorrow. I went to the Dollar tree store and bought bubbles for the girls and some friends, a nerf football,some chips and and a huge jug of water. I only spent about $5.00 but everyone is bringing something so I think I was very frugal with this one. I am going to take that huge jug home and reuse it when we go to a park or the beach. Well have to go and hang out some laundry. Have a great day everyone
Old 06-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My dd burned like that on her shoulders a couple weeks ago. She wasn't even that red . She ended up with dozens of little blisters and some big ones. She was in the shade all day. Poor baby. I felt like the worst mother in the world. It took 3 days before the blisters came and they lasted several days.

2 weeks later, her shoulders are still sorta red.

I feel your pain.

Today I went to Wal-Mart and got stuff for a fruit salad for DD. She LOVED it. Nectarines are really good right now too. MMM

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 06-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by OSI
To sooth the burn and blisters, use Aloe Vera gel... you can get it at the dollar for $1.00... it helps tremendously as does Noxzema.
Anna
If you keep these in the fridge, it feels soooooo good going on sunburned skin.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ericka, the doctor gave DH that cream when he had 2nd and 3rd degree burns. It is wonderful stuff. It helped with the pain and let the skin stay supple. So sorry they got burned.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:26 PM

Good evening all!!

Just sorta checking in. I didn't get my procedure done yesterday because Mother Nature stepped in and they won't do it while you're spotting. It is scheduled for next Thursday now. That way, if I don't feel up to it, I can take Friday off and then have the weekend also to recover. I stopped at the pharmacy last night to pick up the antibiotic I have to take before the procedure - $10.00 for 2 pills. I was in sticker shock.

I have had that blistery sunburn too - and sun poisoning too. I am the absolute whitest thing going, I make no bones about it, so in the summer, I hide.

I did buy a "50" sunscreen from Banana Boat - in Baby Magic scent. It kept my arms from burning out at the yard sale, my face too, even though I have to give part of the credit to the bucket hat. It was still thick and yukky, but at least it smelled ok.

I have not been too frugal the last 2 days. The woman who drives in with me, and I decided to go get ribs one night and then pizza the next night. But we went to fairly cheap places. Tonight I am dining alone - I made salmon, broccoli and sliced tomatoes with bleu cheese dressing. The plate looks pretty with the drak green of the broccoli and those ripened tomatoes.

Barbzy - did you see the Land O'Lakes 8 oz. cheese on sale 10/$10 at ACME starting tomorrow? That mkes it just $2.00 lb. We can't beat that price anywhere. And with LOL, we know the quality is there. I won't be getting any because I am stocked to the rafters with cheese, in bulk as well as sliced and shredded, in the freezer. But I wanted to make sure that you knew it was there.

Well ladies, I better go for now. I think the cat smells the rabbits outside.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 06-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma, thanks! I have not checked the ACME ad this week. At that price I will make it my business to stop in for cheese

I made some desserts to take to a picnic tomorrow: a batch of Italian Lemon Cookies (makes 100 cookies and is very inexpensive to make) AND a batch of "krispie treats" with a couple of cereals that my kids really didn't care for as breakfast. I got them cheap to start with, but I was glad not to waste them. Cereals you just wind up not being crazy for still make great "krispie treats."
Now I have to frost 100 cookies. I'm in no big hurry but I want the frosting to dry so I can plate them up!
Old 06-10-2005, 08:06 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

FC was down??? Boy, I am busier than ever! I used to always know when FC was down, while it was down, not after it was down, and back up already!!!

3girlsmom, congrats to your DH!!

Leighann, it will come your DH's time soon. And it will be such a relief for you!

On the Aloe for the sunburn, be sure to check the ingreds. some aloe gels contain alcohol, and that will burn, with bad sunburns!! I have used aloe for years, as soon as the kids get out of the sun and even just a little red they get salved with aloe!! And be sure to watch the areas where they burned for years to come, as the bad sun burned spots can turn into skin cancer!!!

Not much frugal to report. We did go visit DD at work, to get supper. We got our 10% discount. and all three DD's were thrilled, DD's for eating there and oldest DD that we came to visit her.

Also, having DD salve herself with Aloe from a sunburn she got today. The aloe was free from dh's step mom.

Well, have a good weekend all!! I am hoping to spend the weekend in the backyard with DDs!!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!

Closed Thread