Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:31 PM
Nine Year Member

Boy are my feet tired, I don't know if I will ever go again to the strawberry festival parade what a mad house. I ended up dropping off MIL & the kids and parking ELEVEN blocks away! There was no place to set up the chairs but we did eat & drink the snacks I had brought.

Ran to the grocery this afternoon saved 45% with sales & coupons, picked up 2 French's Brown Mustard & 3 Open Pit BBQ for FREE (kept 1 bbq the other 4 bottles went in the food pantry donation bag).

I have a pot roast cooking since there are no more leftovers to eat (I used up the little dab of chicken at lunch with a box of chicken & broccoli noodle roni and added frozen broccoli to it). Should be able to get at least 2 meals from the roast. I bought shaved ham to make BBQ ham sandwiches (really thin slices of ham, onion, bbq sauce) which we haven't had since last summer and some brats to eat this week the rest will come from the freezer. We will be eating early since we have VBS starting at 6 this coming week.

I rolled cigs for DH ($8.83 after coupons for equivilant of a carton), cut paper napkins in half to fill the holder, filled the soap dispenser in the bathroom with 1/4 dawn & 3/4 water.

A customer told me she used Oxyclean in her carpet shampooer instead of buying more carpet shampoo and they came out great. So I bought some to use the next time I shampoo since used the last of it a couple weeks ago and thought why not try some in the hose sprayer that I have to clean my siding instead of buying more Outdoor Windex.

Roberta
Old 06-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

In response to the smoothie question, (I just saw), I have only seen recipes on the 'net. I haven't made any yet, and haven't really even picked out which one to make, I just thought these would go in there good.

Becky

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 06-04-2005, 02:51 PM

Good afternoon all!!

Just checking in more than anything else. I didn't make it to my girlfriend's house as it was raining here and there. At least until after what time I consider decent to start setting up for a yard sale.

So I stayed home and crocheted, picked roses, weeded a little and cooked a little.

I was constantly thinking about going to Payless, and the dollar store, and the chciken bbq in one of the towns on the way to the mall, and the mall, and Sam's and BJ's. But I stayed home, and contented myself to just do a couple sweepstakes on the computer. And eat from my fridge, thus not going anywhere.

I made some mac and cheese from some of that real cheap pasta and sauce from a few weeks ago. I will have mine with a piece of leftover chicken from eating out last evening. My nephew will have his with hot dogs, when he gets here.

Well ladies, I better go for now. I am trying to be good, very good.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 06-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by RobertaD
Boy are my feet tired, I don't know if I will ever go again to the strawberry festival parade what a mad house. I ended up dropping off MIL & the kids and parking ELEVEN blocks away! There was no place to set up the chairs but we did eat & drink the snacks I had brought.

Ran to the grocery this afternoon saved 45% with sales & coupons, picked up 2 French's Brown Mustard & 3 Open Pit BBQ for FREE (kept 1 bbq the other 4 bottles went in the food pantry donation bag).

I have a pot roast cooking since there are no more leftovers to eat (I used up the little dab of chicken at lunch with a box of chicken & broccoli noodle roni and added frozen broccoli to it). Should be able to get at least 2 meals from the roast. I bought shaved ham to make BBQ ham sandwiches (really thin slices of ham, onion, bbq sauce) which we haven't had since last summer and some brats to eat this week the rest will come from the freezer. We will be eating early since we have VBS starting at 6 this coming week.

I rolled cigs for DH ($8.83 after coupons for equivilant of a carton), cut paper napkins in half to fill the holder, filled the soap dispenser in the bathroom with 1/4 dawn & 3/4 water.

A customer told me she used Oxyclean in her carpet shampooer instead of buying more carpet shampoo and they came out great. So I bought some to use the next time I shampoo since used the last of it a couple weeks ago and thought why not try some in the hose sprayer that I have to clean my siding instead of buying more Outdoor Windex.

Roberta
I use oxyclean to in my shampooer and love how the carpets look cleans them really good.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

wheww...im tired. we did all kinds of things today. i went to garage sales, i ran errends, cashed a check, and took care of a few things. i saddled up desis new horse, and figured out how big of a girt he needs. ( thats waht keeps a saddle on a horse) plus we rebuilt the stall that my horse 3 horses ago busted thru. it took us a few hours..but it looks really good and moms gonna be happy. i still need to weed eat..but i think i can do that tommrow. i also need to get the grills cleaned..for desis 9th bday party on mon....and i need to get all my garage sale goodies outof my truck too.

i have a deer roast in the crock pot for dinner tommrow i think...im making it into italian beef...we dont tell the girls its deer...too much of a hassle when they realize a deer is bambie.
so i just say its meat. and let it go at that.

not much else going on...just the normal things. trying ot get things done and fixed for winter...gotta fix my barn for this year..gotta keep my horses warm.

well gotta run..hope everyone had a good day...talk at you all later...

ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 06-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We started out our day by going to the free kids workshop at Home Depot. Unfortunately they did not have it today but had moved it to next week for some reason the staff did not know. We then went to Target for DS a new pair of sandals. We also bought some toys for 75 off for my niece's birthday. Then on to Meijer's for milk and bread. Only thing was we ended up getting a lot more as they had a freezer section full of items for $1.00. So we bought several pizzas, chicken and vegatble meals, GG sweet potatoe casserole, and other box meals. Regular prices were up to 6.99. Then when getting the milk there was another reduced shelf and it was Raspberry yougart smoothies for .25. We then had to make a detour to Mamaw's as she said we could use her freezer downstairs anytime for our bargains. Our savings added up to $85.00 and this was without any coupons.

Then tonight I had to take DS to Acute care for his ears (which were very infected) and then onto the pharmacy to get medicine again. I told them didn't want to see them tomorrow!

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-05-2005, 05:15 AM
Nine Year Member

Assume deals redcardinalbird you paid for the acute care visit with your grocery savings.

Roberta
Old 06-05-2005, 06:33 AM
Assistant Moderator

This is my smoothie recipe. I really don't measure.....

1/2 bag strawberries
1 cup milk, more if you need it
concentrated oj for sweetness, scoop some out and dump it into the blender. This makes one huge smoothie or four small smoothies.

At times I will add some cream cheese to make a strawberry cheesecake smoothie. Other times I will add yogert, my own homemade without sugar.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:49 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

when i make smoothies i use cristal light 1 cup, 2 cups ice, 4 or 5 frozen strawberries. and maybe a kiwi for some tartness i use the rasberry cristal light.

Old 06-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I make it using o.j.

bananas and frozen blueberries and frozen strawberries and nuke them together with a little splenda and then add to regular o.J. for dd and low carb o.j. for me.

Last edited by leasmom; 06-05-2005 at 07:02 AM.

Closed Thread