Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I missed something....who's redoing a kitchen?
I like blue in a kitchen. Very soothing. A blue and white kitchen with yellow accents is SO pretty. I guess it's out of style now, though...all the magazines have those earth-tone colors like terra-cotta, pumpkin, very orangey.
My kitchen could use a new coat of paint, maybe JUST a tiny bit darker than the super-pale blue I used on it before. I'll have to start watching for sales. Luckily the kitchen is so small that a gallon will more than do the job.
I finished the chairs and they look great! Not professional (there are some wrinkles at the corners) but 100% better than the stained fabric seats that were on there before.

Beckanoah, would you share your smoothie recipe? I have some strawberries that are ready....I already made freezer jam with some of them. Haven't taste-tested it though, as I have a jam already open (black raspberry) and no one eats it but me. The rest of the crew just goes for grape jelly.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:59 PM

Good evenign all!!

Happy Friday all!!

I am with everyone else. Kids will be kids, and kids that age are curious. My nephew at 16 still has no modesty - we finally got him to put on boxers, and sox, maybe sometimes a t-shirt. And that is how he parades around his home.

Even though my boss bought lunch, I paid for most of dinner for the woman who rides with me and myself. She is on a tighter budget than I. It was simple fare at a local diner, and we both just needed to do this. I had wanted to take advantage of both the "donut day" (free donuts at Krispy Kreme) and then I have a couple of coupons for $.99 big cones at Friendly's. But it was raining terribly, and the diner was on the way home.

Hopefully the weather will clear out this evening. My girlfriend is supposed to be having her community yard sale tomorrow, and I am better than half packed to go. Also there is an air show in her area, and that should help attract a crowd.

Well ladies, got to go. I need a good night's sleep in order to do this again tomorrow.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 06-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Mom2-4 - I agree with the others to let it ride. When you make a really big deal of it to the child it really draws their attention to it.

My day starated frugal but did not end that way. We had left overs for dinner and then went to a free concert in the park. After we had been home and the children were in bed, DD came and said her ear hurt. I looked at it and could not tell as much past the ear wax but did look red. So off to Acute we hurried before they closed at midnight. The Dr. said it did not look bad enough for antibiotics so he gave the pain drops. She and I then went to the 24 hour drug store and got the medication. It must have worked as she is still sleeping.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 06-04-2005, 04:28 AM
Nine Year Member

Friday I did 3 loads of cold wash laundry with 1/2 detergent with vinegar for the softener, ran the dishwasher with 1/2 detergent, ate leftovers for dinner. Signed up for the reading club at the library and received a coupon for free bread sticks from a local pizza store. Stopped at a garage sale when I was out delivering where I bought a wood cutting board for $.50, and 12 rolls of Christmas wrapping paper 3 of which are unopened for $1.00, and a small photo book for $.50 (dog chewed the corner on DD2's).

Today we are taking MIL to the strawberry festival parade in the next town as FIL is to be in it. Afterwards I imagine we will all go out for lunch.

Roberta
Old 06-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Strawberry Festival, we have the Blue Plum Festival

and dd already went with Girls Inc. yesterday, it's tiny so no need for us to go. I will miss the Apple Festival that we went to last year though, maybe we can find some kind of festival to go to when we get up North. Time is flying by without me being ready. I have so much to still think about and to prepare for and I am not yet ready for. I need to get just a couple of boxes, we have just 3 1/2 wks. A friend of mine convinced me to take a few items I was gonna sale at the yard sale, but it does make sense to take our dressers too since we will have a truck. Dd's dresser will be sold, one of mine will be-(I have three), and everything else. I have to figure out where to put my computer so I can sale my desk. Anything left I will freecycle. I just hope that it won't rain but its raining nearly everyday here, its like little Seattle in the summer, but it sure is worth it when you see the mountains covered with various colors like a patchwork quilt.

My sale will be on the 18th, I guess then it will hit me that we are really leaving. I still feel like I'm in a daze...between work, my class, and running around town.

Oh frugal was shopping mostly sales for groceries. Nearly every item I bought was either 4 for $1 or .79 cents etc. I still need to buy one item, my splenda and I'm done for groceries.

Last edited by leasmom; 06-04-2005 at 06:50 AM.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Patrice - my kitchen is hunter green and white. The cabinets are all white, with hunter green counter tops, the tiles are hunter green marbled and white marbled and the walls are white and I've stenciled ivy all over the walls, it looks like its coming out of the lights on the ceiling. I collect strawberries, so the hunter green and white look good with it. I also have hunter green carpet all through the house.

I saved $4 in gas yeterday! I rode my bike 18 1/2 miles to Ogden to meet my dh for dinner. I thought it would be a fun challenge to do and now I can say I did it!

Have a great day!

Carol

Old 06-04-2005, 07:16 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning! Dh and sons got up about five this morning to go run in a race, so the dogs and I are hanging out together. They went to an area yard sale after the race. I kind of wanted to go, but not bad enough to get my body out of bed that early on a Saturday morning. lol Actually, I can't really think of anything I need, to be honest. The kids save and look forward to this sale every year, though. So frugal today is staying home and not spending any money! Also, I have not had to use the air yet, but I think it is supposed to get pretty warm later. I'm not turning it on until we really need to do so. Well, I am going to go do laundry and make some lemon bars. You all take care and enjoy the weekend!
Old 06-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Good morning everyone.

Frugal today, is staying home and DEEP CLEANING, and man did it ever need it. We are purging and all. It feels good, but MAN do we have a long ways to go.

Where does all the junk come from?

Becky

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 06-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Assistant Moderator

Quote:
Matthew 5:23-24 we should not take our tithes or offerings before Him because it will not be honored

That is all the stuff we bought and saved money on from the thrift stores, yard sales.... remember all the great deals? LOL
Old 06-04-2005, 01:06 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone

I've been having a candle sale in my yard today, very slow. A couple of people have stopped and looked but no sales. I may try again tommorow as the weather has been so beautiful. I could have worse jobs than sitting in the yard visiting with folks in the neighborhood and hey, if I make some money too all the better.

Frugal Today: Hung up heavy blue jeans and blue jean shorts on the clothesline outside, awesome day in the high 80's.

Unfrugal, sort of? Dh went to the store for me and bought a 35 lbs. bag of dog food $17.00! I usually buy a 22 lb. bag for $10.99.. it last our dogs a month or more. Oh well, guess we won't have to buy dog food for awhile.

Boggz

Thanks for the words of encouragement on our neighbor issue, it makes me sad. Neal really hurt dh's feelings and when dh hurts, I hurt.

I did take advantage of the free time outside and washed the outside of some of my windows and then came in and washed the inside (all facing the front of the house where the sale is).

I ordered online the supplies to start making incense sticks it won't get here till the end of next week but I'm excited to try it.

Well ladies, I'm off to sit out in the yard. Take care my friends and we'll talk again soon.

Anna

Closed Thread