Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:20 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Mom2-4: I wouldn't worry too much about it, but just make sure that your dd knows the behavior is inappropiate. I had the same problems with ds1 when he was about 4, only the other child in question was our neighbor's dd!! If it would make you feel better, maybe speak to your neighbor and tell her you spoke to your dd about the situation, and the two of you can create a "game plan" to deal with it together should it happen again.

How did I miss the question about what I've learned here? Wow--I don't know where to start. I've learned that everything has a second-third-and sometimes fourth use. I've learned to be more conscious about how I spend our money, and that being frugal does not mean being cheap. And most importantly, that the wisdom and understanding and flat-out kindness of the people here is overwhelming! You have all helped me through so much over the past few years, when there were times I thought I would go crazy just trying to keep everything together!

Frugal today: Made another batch of hm laundry detergent. Did laundry in cold water and will hang it to dry. Ds has a party to go to tonight, so will save on his dinner lol! He has decided that he needs to grow taller(for basketball) and gain weight(for wrestling) and has been eating us out of house and home for the past 2 weeks!! Also, since our satellite has been turned off and we can't watch t.v. all day I'll be getting my spring cleaning done before summer starts lol!! And I once again went through the pantry and made a detailed list of everything there--dh taking leftovers for his lunches is getting out of hand. I had grilled three huge steaks for dinners. He took two for his lunch the next day. 2!! The four of us didn't finish one for all of us, and he took two for lunch. The kicker was that I had sandwiches in the freezer specifically for his lunches, and he knew it. Anyways...due to a negative cash flow I'll need to strech those groceries even further this week and probably next. Sigh--I really want to stock my pantry and have it stay that way for more then a week!!
Old 06-03-2005, 11:28 AM

mom2-4

I agree, don't say anything for now but I'm thinking a little more supervision might be a good idea.. no playing by themselves. And being neighbors confrontation can be a very tricky issue. We got into it with ours last weekend and I'm afraid the damage may be irrepairable. These are our good friends that I talk about all the time too. The song keeps going through my mind "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" and especially when we see each other all during the day and evening and the perpetrator who started the whole argument is our friend Neil's brother, who after causing all the chaos went home to his own neighborhood. It's I guess just not the best idea to become too good of friends with neighbors, when you have a disagreement your stuck with each other when your homeowners.

Anna
Old 06-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Assistant Moderator

I forgot to post that yesterday in town, dd was tired of waiting on me in the thrift stores... she walked five blocks to the library. This is a huge step. In the town we live in she refuses to step off our property. I did offer to drive her to the library but she wanted to walk. All uphill. That is more walking than she has been able to do in over two years. We did lower her immune suppressive drug and her hair isn't falling out as bad. The light at the end of the tunnel.......
Old 06-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lee, I hope that your DH does get the job, and all works out for you Still sad that you won't be coming to MY neighborhood, though

Karen, I'm with everyone else. Don't make a big deal of it. DO make sure the kids are more supervised....DO tell your DD that unless she is using the bathroom or changing her clothes, her pants stay ON....and then let it go. It's the age...the neighbor girls here were doing the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Plus one of them thought it was funny to try to "pants" my older DH, who did NOT put up with it. If the neighbor says something about you wanting more supervision, just kind of make a joke like, "I just want to make sure they remember to keep their clothes on" or something, laugh it off and keep watching the kids. We have a situation in our neighborhood where Luke and another child (almost 5) tend to argue and then hitting happens. So I don't let them play together unless one of my Big Kids or one grownup is in the yard too. I just make a joke about how we need the striped shirt and referree whistle....

DD and I went to the fabric store today and got enough vinyl fabric to cover my 4 chairs. Now if DH could only find the staple gun....now that I have it, I'm afraid to cut into it.
Love those grand opening specials, though. I had a coupon for 40% off any cut of fabric, so I got it at a good price. Under $10 for all 4 chairs, unless I screw up and need more!
Old 06-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My dd (4) also loves to pull her pants down. She's a dork, if she's going to the bathroom, she'll pull them down in the living room, and waddle all the way. We are working on that.

Non-frugal today. WM over charged me....grrrr.

Cold water wash all day.

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 06-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

my dd did the whole pull down your pants thing too. it took a while to get her to understand that it was wrong.

frugal today...working on the house, and the barn. mom gave me the $13 for wood to fix the stall for timmy. my dd new horse mom got her for her birthday. hes named for timmy on fairly odd parents.

going to make a deer roast into italian "beef" for dinner tommrow. and have a cook out for middle dd 9th birthday on monday. so that will be nice too.

cleaning the houses, moms too, and i called and yelled at the trash guy who cant seem to find my house. he said..how do you get to your house, i told him...up this road, first road past the county line turn left. he goes and what does it look like..

its the huge blue one with the mountain of trash in front that you havent picked up for 2 weeks..

i think he got the message..he was here in 2 hours and picked it up himself. plus he gave mom a free month on her bill. thats good too.

good frugal thing today..got my utiliity bill the first one here..and it was for 71$. next month, i used half what i used teh first month. so that will be even less. im so happy. once i have to kick the ac on tho, im sure it will go up agian. so im gonna be happy for now.

hope all have a good weekend..
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 06-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi, everyone!
Mom2-4, I agree with everyone else. I think that is an age when kids tend to be curious. Most kids go through that. Just keep a close eye on them.
Lee, I am hoping and praying good things for you. That sounds very positive! I know what you mean about missing your dh, though. My dh was gone a lot when he was in the military and I missed him every time he left. Don't forget that we're here for you. I did get to enjoy my reading, but I ending up doing more napping than reading, I'm afraid! lol
Frugal today was going to Kroger to pick up cheese on sale at 2.50 a lb. One of the packages rang up wrong so the checker gave it to me for free! Ah, the little thrills in life! lol Well, take care, ladies, and have a fun weekend!
Old 06-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Frugal recovery for today

Hulling some strawberries just about past their prime and freezing to put in smoothies. I've never done that before, and I'm surprised I did it, without throwing them out.

Tomorrow I am making up a monthly menu to use up our stockpile of food, and try to keep us out of the store for a couple weeks. We'll see how that goes.

Becky

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 06-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My favorite colors in a kitchen is

Forest green and white. I LOVE THAT!!! Forest Green is my favorite color and it just felt very homey and you could do like half the top to be forest green and the bottom half to be white, with a chair rail separating the colors. That way you don't have to repaint everything and you could just paint the cabinent faces forest green, it would add alot of drama and make it all pop out.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lee, Good thoughts and lots of prayers are coming your way hope your dh finds a good job and everything goes smooth.

Mom2-4 I agree with everyone else hope everything works out

Not much frugal went to the grocery store today so that was not frugal but we did put the pool up and filled it up ourselves the water company said it would only raise my bill $35 instead of paying a guy to hall it for us and he charges $50 so that was a good thing.

Anna sorry to hear your having problems with your neighbors hope everything works out.

Ericka so glad to hear from you are you all moved in yet?

Closed Thread