Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:55 AM

Songberries

Thank you.

Anna
Old 06-02-2005, 06:24 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by RobertaD
Iinstead of buying a rinse agent (jet dry) put a drop of liquid dish detergent on top of your dishwasher detergent iin place of the rinse agent. So far so good.
Vinegar also works well as a rinse agent in a dishwasher!!

Quote:
Originally posted by RobertaD
For those of you who have kids or grandkids under 12 Burger King & Bob Evans give free kids meals for their birthday when you join their kids club program. Does anyone know of any other restuarants that do?

Roberta
I know McDonald's use to give a coupon for a free meal, not sure if they still do!

Congratulations to Beckanoah on being a new auntie!!!

barbszy, good job on the ice cream deal! That will come in handy this summer.

Cold water wash, line drying outside.

The weather is cooler here today. When will it get hot out??? I can't stop wondering if it will be one of those summers, where all of a sudden it will snap out of the cooler weather and be 95* and humid from 9am until 8pm!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Roberta, other restaurants that have Kids' Clubs are Pizza Hut and Denny's.
Also, AC Moore craft shop has a Kids' Club that sends the kids a $5 coupon to use on anything in the store, each year for their birthday! The kid has to be in the store for the coupon to be used (so I can't just go there and get their crayons while they're in school) but it's a great freebie! My kids have winter birthdays so I usually save the coupons and use them in late spring, when they are looking for some summer activities & art supplies. Great for those rainy days.

It's so damp & chilly out, I ended up hanging the wash in the basement. It's not the same....sigh...and rain for the next 2 days.

I have been using vinegar as a rinse agent since we got this dishwasher. I think it works well, especially with powdered detergent. I had a couple of "almost free with coupons" bottles of Cascade Complete gel stuff, and my glassware has never looked worse I have one more bottle and I'll save that to bring on vacation. I'm back to my powdered detergent. It's cheaper and works better.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:51 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning!
Mom2-4, our weather is cooler today, also. Actually, it's been raining. I'm glad for the rain-free water for the garden and flowers. Our garden isn't really close to the house, which makes for a very good workout, hauling water out there. Unless it is really dry, it's just going to have to fend for itself.
Hope you catch your skunk!
Roberta, Burger King gives out birthday coupons for kids under 12 also. Lifeway bookstore does also, I think.
Anna, we have a George Foreman grill that we got for a Christmas gift. I don't know what I did without it; it's so convenient. It sounds like you got a great deal on yours.
Other than taking ds to work and dropping off clothes at the Goodwill, I will be staying home and getting things done around the house. This seems like a perfect day to curl up with a good book and Hopefully, if I get all my chores finished. Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Nine Year Member

My kids are on the Burger King, Bob Evans free kids meal plans. I've never seen anything about McDonald's giving a free meal. The McD's in my area will give you a free cake if you have a party there. The other stores mentioned aren't around me.

Roberta
Old 06-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Frugal today is...

staying home and out of the stores. Washing laundry, mostly in cold, hanging my shirts, and piggybacking the dryer so it doesn't cool off.

I'm also cleaning and making my grocery list for this week.

Frugal this weekend was BOGOing at Payless. Scored cute stuff, and clearancing at Claire's.

Non-frugal was piercing dd's ears at 28.00. ICK

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 06-02-2005, 05:52 PM

Good evening all!!

Well, gas in my area hit a low last week of $1.88. Now it is back up by 3 cents. I don't complain, especially when I see what some of you have to pay. But they said that it would go down for the summer. They obviously did not tell the truth.

My pap last month showed some "pre-cancerous" cells. So I have go for a biopsy, next Thursday. I am not happy about this, but I don't really feel that there is anything really wrong. Except maybe that my gyn has left that thing in there for too long. I wanted her to do a hysterectomy the last time she did a d&c, but that was not to be.

I tried my best to convince her that without my uterus, I would not have to be on the pill/patch to control the bleeding, hence one less medication. Also, I would lose the weight these things keep on you. And, my blood pressure would go down because the medication keeps it elevated also. All those benefits, and she was convinced that if I keep it until I turn 51 (her magic number I guess) that would be a wonderful thing. She is out for 6-12 months with bilateral knee replacement, so maybe I have a shot at convincing the next doctor.

And they are holding my supply of patches "hostage" so that if I don't go for the biopsy, they won't renew the script. And then, I will bleed to death. This just isn't fair.

Then I come home this evening to the cat limping, again. One this time it is the other hind leg, and it appears to be a muscle thing. So I have him on a heating pad that I microwave. Hopefully, he will feel better and I won't need to make a trip to the vet. He has now insisted in going outside, so it can't all be bad.

Beckanoah - congrats on becoming an aunt. I have loved every minute of having the privilege of taking care of Elwood.

Barbzy - eat that ice cream slowly, savoring each mouthful, and don't let the kids in it. This brand is for adults - much too good for kids. This is after the kids go to bed ice cream.

Well ladies, better go for now.

Take care all!!

Norma
Old 06-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Nine Year Member

Norma I've had the biopsy four years ago feels like a little pinch, along with 5 pap smears within 12 months (had to get 2 normal in a row). And was "normal" since up until my last pap smear in Feb which came back with the "pre-cancer" cells because of my prior history they didn't reschedule right away but in 3 months. Which I had to cancel since DH quit his job 7 weeks ago and we don't have the insurance to cover it.

Good luck

Roberta
Old 06-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Norma, I wish you well....and that the new doctor is a better listener, so you can get the problems treated.

By the way, you are so right. That ice cream is NOT for the kiddos! That is Mommy's to eat straight from the carton, just a little at a time.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I've had the biopsy too, and it's just a pinch. Still, any "female" visit is no fun.

I wish you luck!

Becky

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!

Closed Thread