Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:17 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Mmm, I love quesadillas! I think that I might have that for lunch today. Tuna is great, too. I like to add a little bit of mustard to tuna salad for a tangy flavor. Hmm, I think that I must be hungry. lol.
Anna, those candle scents sound really nice. Ooh, especially the cherry lemonade one! My dh loves German chocolate cake. I make it for his birthday every year.
Lee, way to go on your yard sale! I was just thinking about you this morning-good to see you back!
Frugal this afternoon was picking more strawberries to freeze. Once I have a couple of gallon bags I'm going to make jam. Other than that, leftovers for supper.
Roberta, we've gotten meat packs like that before. It's really nice to have it on hand in the freezer. The only problem for us was that it also usually had a lot of hot dogs which we don't really care for. I have no idea what patio steaks are, though.
Well, take care and I'll talk to you all later!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:19 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I get such good ideas from all of you!!! I know I don't post very often but I usually am gleaning info and don't have anything wonderful to add!

We do quesadillas too. I often use left over shredded chicken or taco meat as well as cheese. Sometimes I put in left over corn. I made burritos the other day also and instead of putting much cheese in I used some ranch dressing, lightly sprinkled cheese and beans and they (the boys) loved it!

My Dad does the mustard and tuna thing too! I never cared for it but maybe I'll try it again today as we are having tuna sandwiches.

Mom2-4... What about pasta salad? Easy to make and you can often put left over veggies, meat and the end of salad dressings in there. My boys like it but my dh isn't crazy about it.

Sandra

Old 05-31-2005, 12:28 PM

Oh you guys are making me so hungry... I love mexican food.

I forgot to thaw out any fish for dinner tonight, I bought salmon steaks and tilipia so we're going to have jumbo shrimp instead with frozen cooked corn on the side.

Anna
Old 05-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

ok....lets see...awnsers to questions..or replys...lol

what ive learned from this thread...alot. i learnd to make more things work, and to save lots and all kinds of things i cant just think of right this second.

roberta...i have gotten the meat bundles. i liked ours. ..yours may be diffrent tho. and thanks for the ant repelent recipe..ive wantted to find one. thanks again.

frugal this weekend..not much. i put in the water lines for my trailer...it was suposed to cost $5o.oo...welll.......300 later..i have water..but still not hooked to a spetic tank. so no bathroom, but i can take a shower and do dishes. i just run that water into my garden. so that saves money right there.

hope everyone has a good week. talk at you all later when im not so busy.....

have a good day
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 05-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Moving Surprises

I know there's always surprises when you move but I don't want any more. I have just about a month before we move, I'm looking forward to it. I just found out that I will have to up my yard sale. I was going to have it on the 25th, but now I'll have to have it on the 18th. I just hope it doesn't rain. But, the main thing is that I will have to get all of the heavy stuff outside by myself. I'm excited about moving but hate doing this all alone. It gets overwhelming with going to work and school and dealing with Lea's appts. and different programs. It's creeping up fast-

I haven't been doing anything frugal lately, I don't have a chance to, all of my money is spent before I get it. But, I really do hope things work out and will go smoothly for us later on for our move.

Last edited by leasmom; 05-31-2005 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:20 PM

Good evening all!!

My, my we have all been pretty frugal this past weekend.

Summer eating is easy and pretty cheap for me, when it is just me. I had a tomato and onion sandwich this evening, and am totally satisfied. For lunch I took tomato, onion and cucumber salad, 1 leftover rib bone and some watermelon. I can't go without my fruit. An ear of corn now and then throughout the summer, and I am happy.

I have to cook, but mostly just on Sundays. Especially now that my nephew has turned 16, and wants to be at home with his computer, his tv, his phone and his stereo. He doesn't even mind cooking hot dogs, or heating up one of his mother's left over meals in the microwave, as long as we leave him alone. He is real good about not going anywhere without asking me, and even better about not having anyone in the house without an adult there.

He was real good this evening, he mowed the whole property, installed the ac unit in the living room and even swapped out the storm door inserts for the screens.

Well ladies, got to go. It was another long, hard day at work. My co-worker took Friday and today off to make a real long weekend and I have been wearing two hats. So I need a good night's sleep.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 06-01-2005, 05:34 AM

Norma

That's what happened in our office too besides having 2 sales reps., 1 engineer and the sales mgr. all take off to Pa. yesterday for 4 days which left me with 2 sales reps. and one who took a 4 day weekend..lovely explaining that to our customers all day.

Joesbaby and leasmom

Glad to see you posting even if your not doing a whole lot frugal lately... we like hearing what's going on with both of you, good or bad.

Frugal yesterday: Cooking a quick dinner and spending the evening in my front yard with dh watching the neighborhood and crocheting my dish cloths for fall season craft shows. We hope to do at least 2 this year, small ones.

Well that's about it for now.

Anna
Old 06-01-2005, 05:44 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everyone!
Leasmom, I can't even imagine doing a move alone but I do admire you for it. It sounds like you are very organized.
Sandra, that is a neat idea to use ranch dressing in burritoes. I bet that would be yummy.
Ericka, thank you for the idea of using extra water for the garden. Ours really needs watering, but I don't want to run down our water supply, either. So, that would be something frugal that I could do.

Today, I have to take the kids to Walmart to shop for summer clothing. We budget a set amount for each one and let them pick out what they need. It's been a good way in teaching them to manage money, and they know when it's gone, it's gone. Frugal is not taking any extra money,checkbook or debit card with me. Way too tempting, otherwise! Well, take care, and I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I found a fun little tip for making jello (I eat a lot of sugar free jello for snacks) Add a little sour cream to the hot water before you add the cold. I add about 1/2 cup for the big box of jello and then I reduce the cold water by 1/2 cup. It makes it taste so yummy, and it gives it a layered look. You could probably use yogurt too.

I got my clothesline up and I got to use it before the rain today!

Happy Wednesday!

Carol

Old 06-01-2005, 06:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

We had a frugal holiday weekend trip to my mother's. The only money we spent was on gas on the way up and back, and tickets to a minor league baseball game for DH and DS/7 while we were there. Her homeowners' association had a pool party on Monday afternoon, and there was so much jugged lemonade and watermelon leftover, we got to bring home a gallon of lemonade and a whole watermelon. That was a nice treat. My kids played all weekend with the boy who lives next door, so they were either all on the Nintendo or all outside on the tetherball, and they managed to stay out of the grownups' hair for the most part.

Closed Thread