Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:29 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well, I now have all four kids off to school!!! NO tears from anyone, not even me!!

Not sure who it was that said about it being hard to feed and clothe four kids. Yes, it is not fun. This is the first year that I actually had to school shop for all four. Youngest DD was only in preschool last year for three days per week. And one of those days was swim/gym, so she only needed to wear sweats, and a bathing suit that day. And than food wouldn't be so bad, but, no one can agree on what they each like.uuuuggghhhh
JOesbaby, not sure how old your oldest is, but, I have two teens, 17 and 16. Oh, yeah they were easy to clothe when Good will and Kmart were okay, but now, it has to be the stylish stuff. So if yours haven't hit 13 or 14 yet, be prepared. And I think teen girls tend to actually eat more than boys!!! Imagine that!!! I even got lucky this year and DD bought most of her own clothing. DS is 6'4" and 160 lbs, DD is only 5'3" and about 120 lbs!

Beckanoah, so sorry to hear of the passing of your grandmother. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Frugal??? I did stop at the gas station this morning and fill up the tank, after I dropped DD off at school. I hear gas prices are going to go up by the end of the day!! I would take the other vehicle out and fill that one up too, but, it has a broken windshield right now, and I don't have the $$$ to fix it right now, so I will avoid getting stopped by a cop, and having to have it fixed in "X" amount of days.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Frugal today, going to the bank for a deposit after dropping dd off for school. YAY.

Coming straight home again after picking her up, no matter how badly Sonic was calling my name.

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:42 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Has anyone been having problems with their messages not posting? Mine keep disapearing for the last few days!!!!
Leighann
Old 08-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Assistant Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Has anyone been having problems with their messages not posting? Mine keep disapearing for the last few days!!!!
Leighann
yes!
Old 08-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Nine Year Member

Mom2-4----I know exactly what you mean about shopping for the teenagers. It costs quite a bit to clothe my skater dude. We did get some great deals at PacSun. They were giving out $25 in PacSun "bucks" for every $50 you spent. We had $75 in PacSun bucks, and we got some great buys.

Beckanoah---Sorry to hear of the loss of your grandma.

Joesbaby----Outstanding job on those razors and refills!

Frugal for me, not much back to work full time, eat for free at work and sometimes bring home some goodies. The price of gas had better stop going up and coming down. It's a 58 mile round trip for me to go back and forth to work. It's worse for my DH but he at least get to get on a van pool. That will be going up, also.

Heard on the news that the dollar stores are really suffering, as they cannot pass the gas increases on to us. Makes sense, yet I never even thought of it.

I hope all of you are doing ok with Katrina.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-30-2005, 04:07 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi, everyone! Frugal for here is holding out and not picking up anything extra before grocery shopping on Friday. So, frugal being not spending extra on gas either. I'm just going to do my best to stay home all week, and consolidate all my trips on Friday. Even though it makes for a long day, I think it will save some in the long run. I haven't had as much time on the computer lately because ds is needing it more often for schoolwork, but I will try to sneak time in as much as I can! You all take care and have a relaxing evening!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSI
Redcardinal
BLT's sound so good.... what did you serve with them?
Anna
Anna, we did not have anything else with them. It was one of our on the run nights so just had the sandwich.

Lee - I have had some posts not show up too. I have found that sometimes they are real slow to post and if you leave that screen they disappear.

mom2-4, here as long as you have car insurance any broken windshield is automatically covered by your insurance.

Frugal here was staying home except for picking the kids up. It has rained all day. I did have to go and let some of the water out of the pool so it would not overflow and empty completely.

danstigeranel - good going on the Pac sun bucks!

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 08-31-2005, 05:25 AM

Good Morning Everyone

Well our gas prices are soaring already, a co worker said she saw it at $2.89 coming in this morning. We heard on the radio after 9 am it was going up to $3.09 another co worker is out now getting gas so I'll know in a few minutes if it indeed did go up. I have 3/4 of a tank and dh has a full one so not gonna stress too much about it.

RobertaD

That's interesting that Meijers across the country is higher... wonder what that's all about?

Frugal yesterday? Dh fixed our toilet. He had to install all new innards in the tank, the flap wouldn't sit right on it.

Well official word: $3.10 for gas here in Columbus, Ohio.

Anna
Old 08-31-2005, 05:29 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Okay hopefully this one will work,

Over the weekend we were able to find gas at Walmart for 2.30 a gallon. We ate dinner at my parents to celebrate my dads b-day. My dad grilled a turkey it was quite good. They also sent leftovers home so that covered lunch for the whole family on Monday!

I dont look forward to buying clothes for teenagers, I know what a snob I was could only shop at the "MALL" however I did have a job and bought my own! Now that I am older I realize what a waste it was. lol

Joesbaby, where did you find the razors for so cheap? I have switched to disposals which I hate! Just cant justify the expense right now. I am just getting so frustrated with dhs job hunt, dont know how much I can take.

Karen, SO whats it like being home alone for a bit? I cant say I mind the kids being with me but the dh is driving me crazy, way to much togetherness! lol I really have to bite my tounge as the anger of it all is kicking in. I am at least making more money now so I guess since I didnt hear much on the job front I will just keep trying to get more kids in here. I might be getting another part timer, depends on if the grandmother is going to help at least she was honest!

Its been raining nonstop here since yesterday, so its defintly an inside day. I am just lucky we have an inside to be in. Katrina has done so much damage those poor poor people. I cant believe the looting, what are these people thinking?????

Leighann
Old 08-31-2005, 06:17 AM

New Gas Price Update

Polaris Area of Columbus gas is now $3.50 a gallon for regular!
Anna

Closed Thread