Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:34 PM

Good afternoon all!!

Beckanoah - I am so truly sorry about your Grandmother! Please know my thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time.

Frugal today was getting ice pops 2/$5 minus a $1.00 coupon on 2. 2/$4 is good.

I got Ball Park Beef franks for B1G1 and then I was able to use 2 coupons, bringing them down to $1.25 a pack.

Also, Nathan's sausages were on sale for $2.24 and right on the front are coupons for $.75 off (which ring up at $1.00 off), making them $1.24 each. I have foudn the family will eat these as well as the Hillshire Farms ones they love so much.

Not much else going on. Just cleaning, cooking a little ahead for the week to come, and doing laundry in cold water.

Well all, take care.

Norma
Old 08-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Nine Year Member

Norma, thanks for the info on Nathan's sausage I'll have to look for it in my area we don't care for the other brands of smoked sausage except Hillshire Farm luckily I normally can get it for $1.50 or less a package.

Ericka, will your family drink powdered milk or at least mix half powdered with half "real" milk to stretch it farther? My Mom always mixed milk when we were kids she had 7 to feed. Oh Ericka I think your site is down I haven't been able to get to it the past 2-3 days.

We are going to the circus in 10 days, paid for by my Mom, will take drinks and snacks to eat while we are waiting for it to start. The county fair association is sponsoring it will cost $40 for 3 adults & 2 children at the pre-sale price.

Had lunch with my parents today, will eat leftovers for dinner and tomorrow eat the Manacotti that my Mom made yesterday and gave me a pan of.

Roberta
Old 08-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Beckanoah, my sincerest sympathy for the loss of your grandma. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
This weekend hasn't really been too frugal as both ds's had birthdays a day apart. Yesterday, we ate out at Sonic and got fruit slushies. Then we went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Great movie, and very befitting since they both like chocolate so much and are always sneaking into my hidden stash. LOL Frugal lately has been turning the air off in the mornings and turning it on in the afternoons. Also, I made a favorite casserole for dinner instead of giving in to a very strong temptation to eat out. We will be eating out of the freezer and pantry until Friday's shopping trip. Take care and God bless.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:30 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Beckonoah, Sorry for your loss my thoughts are with you....

Leighann
Old 08-28-2005, 08:09 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks Sueanne for the link on the wood burner. I requested more information. We should be hearing from a total of 3 in addition to the guy that my dad's already been talking to.

Today I picked up three 24pk cubes of Mug rootbeer. They were on sale for $4.99 each and then I found some coupons on the Pepsi cubes that could be used on the Mug ones also. I tore those puppies off and used them on my order. $2.99 for a cube?!? Awesome! I only wish I would have picked up a few more of them. On the same trip I picked up a dozen ears of white and yellow corn on the cob for $1.99. I wish I would have bought a couple dozen more to freeze. I just wasn't thinking, I guess. This was at a Marketplace grocery store.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Our state fair just finished and admission for adult is $6.00, $3.00 for a child and $5.00 to park. You pay for the rides and some concerts so it can add up. We don't ride the rides and did not buy any food this year except for a blue plate special. The fudge was tempting but we resisted.

Will check the paper for usable coupons.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 08-29-2005, 06:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Beckanoah--
Very sorry to hear about your grandmother. You're in my prayers.

Robing333-
Most of the free samples that I get are things I find out about here at FC--either on this thread or on the Freebies thread. It's amazing to me the things that are given away!

Norma--
Way to go on the rebates!! The ones I got were only a few dollars each, but every penny counts. You are the rebate queen!

Frugal this weekend for me: cold water laundry, canned 10 quarts of tomatoes from the garden, and making meals at home, including a couple of dinners for today and tomorrow to make weeknights go a little more smoothly. The weather was nice this weekend, so I was able to keep the a/c off. Guess that's about it!

Have a wonderful Monday!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 06:58 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

All the talk of the state fairs. We did not go this year. Money was a bit tight, no good time to go with the work schedule, and appointments for everyone getting ready for school. Maybe next year. Ours is one of the most popular in the US. So, it is a bit on the expensive side. I have a co-worker that went four times in the 1.5 weeks that it was going this year! She loves to go! We watch it on public television in HD TV. At least we see some of it that way.

I am still packing my lunch of leftovers daily. Eating out a little less as a family. Spending a bit more on ready to eat/heat food these first few weeks. The first part of school is hectic getting adjusted to the schedules each year.

Doing my part to use plenty of coupons, sales, and rebates. Our new freezer is coming in handy for storage of the meat that is on sale. I buy in large quantities to save what I can. Will not need meat until Oct. except, of course, hotdogs. Dh doesn't like me freezing those. He checks the dates, thinks they are outdated, and pitches them! LOL What a mess! Yes, I re-package all meat and put dates on them. Easier that way for everyone.

Have a great day everyone!

Andrea

Andrea

shoulder your cross daily
Old 08-29-2005, 08:31 AM

We use the food saver to repackage meat and we also date it. Try to buy what ever is on sale.
A neighbor gave us some green beans from his garden. Will freeze them.
Unfrugal will be paying for the new porch. They finished it this morning.
Did not replace the roof. The porch is built over an old coal bin and it was sagging on one end. Did not want it to end up in the basement.
Will paint the pillars Thurs. when I have off. Saved some money by painting them ourselves. $80.00 to be exact.
Hoping everyone is out of Katrina's way.
Take care.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning all. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Beckanoah,I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Frugal this weekend let see. I got DD three new outfit and Dh a pair of dress slacks. All for 15.00. I was very pleased with that.Still need to find DS some more pants and a couple of more shirts. So I will be out looking again this week end.

We got the check from the insurance to fix the car in the mail Saturday. Still it is 500.00 out of pocket that we didn't really have to spend. Thank goodness for our budget. Or else the car wouldn't get fixed. As bad as that sounds it just couldn't happen.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Closed Thread