Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:03 AM
Nine Year Member

Missy, I love Young's Jersery Farm they have the best ice cream. The wagon ride & tour are great they have a good hands on information for the kids.

Gas was $2.69 at one station today but Kroger hadn't raised their prices yet they were $2.51. Will have to check DH's car when he gets home as he probably will be needing gas. Hopefully Kroger will still be low buy this evening.

Been eating from the freezer & cupboard, doing cold water wash and running the dishwasher full with half detergant. Rolling DH's cigs, gave the dogs baths (yuck what a chore that is) and flea treatment.

I have the windows open today as it is 66 this morning and with the rain not likely to get high today. It is a nice drizzle rain this morning which will be great for the crops & yard.

Roberta
Old 08-15-2005, 07:05 AM
Assistant Moderator

CHOKE. 1-2-3, I saw gas for $2.75 today !!!

Eek!!!! I am scared to see what gas is here..... I have three trips to make this week! I am calling ds's counselor today and see if she has any openings tomorrow.... that will cut down on one trip to town. But I have to get some paperwork to the college for the class I am teaching... dont know if I can get it all together by tomorrow.

Dd1 had to have a pair of gaucho's. Remember those?

Nope, I don't remember! What are they? My dd wants jeans and tee shirts only..... She refuses to wear make up and do anything besides wash her hair. What happened to my girly girl who loved fixing her hair and wearing dresses? Okay I know she was four but still....??? I am wishing for a little bit of girly girl....
Old 08-15-2005, 07:59 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Frugal today will be making chicken soup with the chicken carcas for lunch.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:23 AM

Bluebird

Ouch! Gas at $2.75! Ours is hanging steady at $2.55 although I found mine yesterday for $2.39 and thought that was a bargain! Good heavens, this is getting so crazy.

At the rate we're going we're going to have a rent a Amish buggy to get us back and forth to work when we move next year... 59 miles each way.

Anna
Old 08-15-2005, 08:32 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJsmom
Dd1 had to have a pair of gaucho's. Remember those?
Aren't they called Capris now? Kind of like the bell bottoms are called flares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSI
At the rate we're going we're going to have a rent a Amish buggy to get us back and forth to work when we move next year... 59 miles each way.
Believe me that thought has crossed my mind many times. Not only would it save on gas for the cars, also for the grass, as the horses would eat some of it. And not auto registrations, and no inspections, and whatever else you have with a car. Just the care of a horse.(LOL)

Has anyone heard from Karen(Boggsz) recently? She has not posted in a bit, has she? And Leasmom? I am sure there are others, just can't think of them right now. Maybe everyone is busy getting the kids ready for back to school. That is what I will be doing next week!

Frugal, not much so far. I finished my work. Now I have to clean, I did wash two loads of wash in cold water with hm det, and hung out to dry. I need to make a run to WalMart, but instead of running like I usually do, I will wait until I run to work tonight, and save a little bit of gas! I have no clue what gas prices are around here right now. I guess I will be shocked when I go to fill up, which my van is in need of.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:54 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I saw gas prices on Saturday were at 2.55. Have not been out since then One of the grocery stores around here have opened up a get n go gas station (Giant Eagle) and I see on our grocery receipt we will get .20 off per gallon, I guess its better than nothing however the closest GE to me doesnt have a station. Also saw if you called in a less than 5 minute survey you got 1.00 off your next shopping order. I did do that!

Cooking another whole smaller chicken in the crockpot, another grocery had on sale for .64 cents a lb. I was very good planning out a menu for the week, of course I have to now start on next weeks. Hoping to keep a strict budget and I know planning a menu certainly helps that! I guess I am lucky that the stores are across the street from each other so to shop at both is not wasteful on time or gas.

Will be making some xtra money in a couple of weeks helping Bobs cousin do a really good clean when the kids go back to school. (They were at first going to call their old cleaning lady but thought they would offer to pay me instead) Works for me. Plus its so much more fun to clean somebody elses house than your own. Also had some xtra babysitting Saturday night and Sunday all day.
Dh is at a job fair right now hoping something comes out of it. Just thank god, when I send another set of monthly bills off that I was able to pay them.

I did turn the air off because its only supposed to be in the higher seventies but with little humidity!

Anna,
I guess its good with you and your dh moving so far out that you work at the same place and can ride together, instead of having to fill up 2 tanks!

Beckri,
Sorry to hear of your parents situation, hope your dad is ok.

Off to play pirate ship with Evan I suppose thats frugal!
Leighann
Old 08-15-2005, 09:16 AM

Dh was fishing this week in WI northwoods and gas was $2.80
Usually fill up here at Uni-Mart on Tues when gas is 2 cents cheaper that day.

Went to visit son yesterday. Seems his wife has not been paying the bills. Tears up the checks he gives her to pay them and then draws the money out of the ATM for herself.
He is in one big finiancial mess with foreclosure notice and notice to cut off electricity.
Needless to say, he changed the password to the ATM and they are not living together at present.
Very unfrugal day for me as I am making his house payment and paying the electric company and the cable TV.
She also has run up bills and maxed out numerous credit cards that he didn't even know she had. She gets the mail in and has been hiding the bills or throwing them away. The bank statements have been getting 'lost'.
I told him he has no choice but to file bankruptcy. Which he doesn't want to do. He had always paid his bills and on time. This whole thing is making him sick. They have been married six years. But I think he is going to look into it.
Don't know what else he can do at this point.
Take care everyone.
seleach (Sharon)
Old 08-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

hey mom2-4 here i am just been busy with getting ready for school and getting ready to start babysetting again and my computer has been acting up so i just walk away from it so i dont smash it

not been to frugal latly but still trying gas here is 2.55 to 2.57 dd has got to learn to ride the bus this year if gas dont go down

Old 08-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Nine Year Member

Bankruptcy

I told him he has no choice but to file bankruptcy. Which he doesn't want to do. He had always paid his bills and on time. This whole thing is making him sick. They have been married six years. But I think he is going to look into it.
Don't know what else he can do at this point.
Take care everyone.
seleach (Sharon)[/QUOTE]

seleach.....If he is going to file bankruptcy start soon before the new laws go into effect in October.

Here is a website that will give you information about bankruptcies for every state.
www.TotalBankruptcy.com

_______
Sueanne

Last edited by Sueanne; 08-15-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Sharon, I'm sorry to hear that.
It all sounds very odd...like there is something else behind the whole thing. I hope they straighten it out. It won't be fun, though, that's for sure.

Took the kids to Walmart & Sam's this morning, to stock up on vitamins & my allergy meds (which REALLY do work for me, as long as I take them EVERY day). Sam's has a 6-month supply of those for the same price as I'd pay for 1 month in Shop Rite.

My kids have been on a tuna kick so as an experiment I got one of those giant cans of tuna at Sam's. It's the same as 11 regular cans (but the price was lower). For one lunch we use at least 2 cans of tuna, plus sometimes Luke eats tuna for breakfast so we'll see how it goes this way. I'd rather make one big batch of tuna salad than open 2 cans every day for lunch.

Closed Thread