Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

More frugality...

Been checking around on apartment prices and amenities today. Found several in the price range I'm looking in, and I hope they will still be available in a couple months. Been feverishly working away today. I have 3 1/2 hours down so far. My goal is 6 a day...so 2 1/2 more to go..... It would help if it wasn't so boring!
I have to buckle down some more...

Resisted the urge to eat out, but did get dd a slushee, and a drink for me and my mother. Tasted good. Sonic has the best drinks.

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 08-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to say welcome to the new people here. I meant to say that earlier.
Well, I have been craving chocolate chip cookies all day-since reading your last post, Lee! lol I guess I'm just going to have to make some now! Your neighbor must you!!
Good luck to you, Seleach, as you prepare to retire.
Emmjean, I'm glad that they caught the mistake and that your husband is doing okay.
Chris, good job on returning things. I am really bad about that. It's so much easier not to and that is a waste of money for sure.
Anna, our gas shot up in price here also. It seems to be going up and down a lot-drastically. Can't figure out quite what's up with that. Great going on making the sandwiches and cereal. That was good planning.
Well, I'd better get going. Take care and hope you all have a nice evening!
Old 08-09-2005, 03:39 AM

Good morning all!!

Frugal yesterday, was just coming and going to work, no stops. I also ate from the fridge and freezer. I fed my nephew and the boy who lives next door to him with free-after-rebate sausages. His mother took pity on a "single woman living alone" and was kind enough to share some clementines with me.

I was invited to a craft show in October. Just the right time for afghans and Christmas stockings, etc. that I make all year. So I will return the call, and sign up.

Sad to say, the radio stations around here all act up when there is heavy cloud cover, etc. in the area. So I have been thinking about ramping up my stock of cds, I only have a few (other than Christmas ones that I treasure) that friends have given me as gifts, and I am not too crazy about what they think I would like. But I requested a free one from the Billie Graham site (they offer items once a month) that sounds like it will at least get me to work in the right mind perspective for the day. Goes real well with morning devotionals. And the woman who rides in with me should like it also, her husband is a minister at the local rescue mission.

Anna, there may be reason why the dolls are called "ping pong" dolls. The golf balls may be too heavy for heads. You mght want to try looking in the toy section of the dollar stores. They may not have ping pongs, but they might have the little golf sets with 2-3 balls in it, that are hollow.

Well ladies, better go for now. I am going to try not to spend any money today either. I have too many bills to pay.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-09-2005, 06:16 AM
Nine Year Member

Working on my grocery list Kroger has a lot of b1g1f sales so will comb through my coupons to add to the sale prices. Pork loin is on sale for $1.88 which I'll have them slice for boneless pork chops.

Doing the normal stuff cold water wash with 1/2 detergant and vinegar rinse, half detergant in the dishwasher, brewing tea for iced tea, rolling DH's cigs ($10 a carton equivalant), using our pool pass.

Need to take the kids to PayLess for school shoes and use the gift card that I bought through school in the spring so shoes are already paid for.

I'm so frustrated with the school (private) they haven't decided how much if any finacial aid we will receive so we can figure out if we need to transfer her to public school. My parents have said that they would pay the differance if we choose to keep her in the private school. School starts in two weeks so I need to know what school supplies to buy (the school systems have totally different supply lists) and what clothes to buy. If she is going to public school then she will need a lot more clothes if staying in the private school the shirts she wore last year will still fit but need long pants and a jumper.

Well I better get ready for the day have deliveries to make and DD1 has a tutoring session.

Roberta
Old 08-09-2005, 06:28 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb,
I received my box yesterday, thanks so much I enjoyed flipping through a couple of them yesterday. You should probaly be getting yours today (dh didnt take till Saturday)! Thanks again!

JJ,
The cookies were good,although I am trying to stay away from them! We finished off the baked ziti for lunch yesterday so that was frugal.

Evan got 5 dinosaur books from the library, I make daddy read those to him whenever possible. I like story books!

Barb, Was your brunch you had a celebration for Bigdaddy? (Yes I read your blog and enjoy it very much!) btw sorry to hear about the school situation....

Anna,
Do you have Drug Mart? I saw ping pong balls there while looking for those punch balloons, they were pretty cheap.

Emalee,
Glad they got things straigtened out for your dh, have to say might make me want to switch drs.

welcome Seleach!

Frugal for today will be zero money spent!

Leighann
Old 08-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Nine Year Member

Doing cold water wash, but probably won't be able to air dry them. It looks like it's going to rain, and it's to humid anyway. We need the rain, though.

Made sun tea yesterday while I was at work. Seems I've been drinking it like water.

Cleaning out the frig tonight. A little of this and a little of that.

Unfrugal will be back to school shopping for DS. Hopefully we will hit some sales.

Have a great day!

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lee, the box came yesterday. Luke was thrilled! Thanks so much!
No, the brunch was a gathering of my church group. There were 3 families, including us, that made up 15 of the 28 people. Everyone else was senior-citizen ladies. They are all very sweet. One family (4 teen girls) did stay until 10:30 that night! We all got pizza, the kids rode bikes and played games, and it was lots of fun.
DH wants to have a grad party but only if it's a combo bday party for me, which I do NOT want. Then, his brother keeps changing the date of his kids' birthday party, so now we are into September before we could even pick a day.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barbszy--
Sounds like that was a fun day!

Frugal for me today is getting my grocery list together--I skipped my Aldi's run last week, but I have to go this week. The cupboards are getting very bare!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:30 AM

Good morning

barbsy, I'd say you had a good shopping trip.

You know, you girls are making me hungry for chocolate chip cookies.

Anna, I think regular golf balls will be too heavy for the dolls.

Frugal today will be putting a batch of bread into the bread machine. My DH loves English Muffin Bread. It makes very good toast.

Also, tomatos, cucumbers and rasberries from the garden.

Everyone take care.

seleach
Old 08-09-2005, 07:39 AM

Good Morning Ladies

Crochet2

The practice golf balls are hollow inside and made of plastic so I think they'll be o.k. I didn't get a chance to work with it last night since I left the instruction sheet on my desk at work. I showed one of the guys the sheet he said I could also make ghosts out of the same pattern.

When I was at the thrift store the other day, someone had taken old regular golf balls, painted them gray, stacked 5 together to form a body and head, cut felt droopy ears and a red nose (those little ball thingys?) and made a cute dog! That's another thing about thrift stores when someone gets tired of a crafty item and donates it, you can see some unique crafts.

Lee

No we don't have a drug store by that name although The Dollar Tree might have them too?

Not much frugal to report, spent no money yesterday. Hung clothes outside to dry yesterday morning... my towels smell so good! It's a beautiful day here in central Ohio temp. in the 80's.

Our gas shot all the way up to $2.50 a gallon by noon yesterday, today it was down to $2.49. I am so glad we filled up on Sunday.

Barbzy

Your dinner party sounded like a lot of fun. We used to have a neighbor in our apartment building who would have friends over for a big Sunday breakfast, what a nice idea.

Oh I just got my beads I ordered from Bolek's, Medium and Dark Amethyst, Ruby Red, Emerald Green and 2 pkgs. of Clear.. they are plastic but shaped and look like crystals, very pretty. Our craft show is Oct. 29th this year so I'm trying to get everything together, priced and packaged and ready to go.

Take care everyone and hopefully your having beautiful weather in your neck of the woods.

Anna

Closed Thread