Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:09 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning!
Ooh, DeBora, thanks for the recipe-that looks like it would be great!
Beckanoah, good going on saving and also on rolling your change. Wishing you all the best with your move and decisions. It can't be easy being a single mom, but it sounds like you are doing a great job.
Ladyroper, congratulations on your move and the bus driving job!
Frugal for here today is that it rained last night and I have the windows open this morning. I am happy that it rained, as the garden was getting pretty dry. I am amazed that it's still doing okay even though I don't water it. We must have a high water table or something. I have to take ds into work later and am picking up my library books after that. Tonight is homemade pizza for supper. Even though we have to turn on the oven, I am just in the mood for it! You all take care and have a wonderful day!
Old 08-08-2005, 05:44 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jj, I ran the oven a lot yesterday, made meatballs and chocolate chip cookies in the morning. Then I baked up a dish of baked ziti in the afternoon! I just had to have it. I wanted Evan to take cookies to our neighbors (they are always giving him popsicles, and garage sale toys here and there) anyway they are going to their vacation home until September so it just had to be done. lol

Going to be another hot week here, I know summer is almost over and soon enough I will be whining about the cold but a week of temps in the 70's would be an awesome treat, and frugal because the windows will be wide open!
Frugal will be heading to the library for more books for Evan, and I. I have been reading again and I love it!

Beck,
I know what you mean about having to have a w/d hookup in an apartment, if dh ever gets a job where we have to move that is a requirement for me! I at one time did live in an apartment where 8 apt.units had to share 1 washer and dryer. Or we had to drag to a laundrymat. It was bad enough to have to do with just the two of us and now we have kids NO WAY! Good luck to you.
Leighann

Last edited by Lee; 08-08-2005 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:01 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

JJOJ and Lee,

Thank you both very much for the encouragment. I am getting very excited.

Lee, I hope your husband can find work soon. How very sad that it has been so long that he has been looking.

Frugal today, I will be going to the bank and depositing my loan money, as well as my change I rolled yesterday. 100.00, and I kept some more to start a new jar. We are also eating Corn Dogs from the freezer tonight, as we have lots of stock and store to eat up.

Have a good day!

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well, I think the money we saved by doing brunch yesterday was lost by having to crank up the AC....with 28 people in the house, we had to keep it at 72 to make it feel cool.
If it weren't so humid out right now, I'd open the windows. I'm with you, Lee, I need a cool week. We haven't had one yet ALL summer. It's just been steamy, steamy, steamy.
We have leftovers from the vegetable platter that one friend brought yesterday, so that will be a frugal addition to snack & dinner.
Lee, look for your box soon!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:30 AM

Good Morning Everyone

Frugal this weekend: I was at Giant Eagle grocery store, in their clearance section they had BBQ cotton aprons marked down to $1.24 I bought 5. I will use a couple for when I'm doing candles to save on my clothes. The others will be decorated and given as Christmas gifts or to the mall for resale.?

I have a pattern for Ping Pong dolls, well Ping Pongs were 3 for $2.99. I bought practive golf balls 12 for $1.99 instead. Got the hankies at Target cpl. weeks back 5 for $1.25 2 packs. Can't wait to put one together, looks really easy.

I'm also once weather gets cooler going to make salt dough Christmas ornaments. Walmart had nice cookie cutters for 50 cents each. I bought a little boy, little girl, airplane, and a dog I think? I also have a rooser cookie cutter so that should about do it. I will spray paint them a base color then hand paint smaller details. It takes about 6 hours to bake these so definitely a cooler weather project.

Welcome to all our newest members, always happy to see a new face or two here.

Our gas prices just raised from $2.15 this morning 8am to $2.46 now at 11:25 am! Thank goodness we filled up yesterday. Totally crazy!

Well we got all the funeral arrangements done except dh signing over the insurance policy, you can't do that till after the death. The total for everything was $2176.00 including opening and closing the grave. She was very surprised that it was only $150.00 she said normal cost is $500.00. They also tried to get us to buy a marblized urn $160.00 but mil wanted a cardboard box... they didn't think the cemetary would accept it but they did.

Well that's about it for now.

On the cherokee pie recipe, don't forget to take out that Bay Leaf... it can do serious damage to your mouth and internal organs, it's sharp as a knife!

Anna
Old 08-08-2005, 08:17 AM

Hi everyone

Going to try the Cherokee Pie. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
On vacation again this week and am going to paint the shed. Not an easy job as the wood is very rough.
Frugal this week was shopping at Pick'N Save. In the tent sale, 12 pk coke was 4 for $10. Good buys on watermelon, catalope, bread, onions, potatos and pies. Inside was buy 1 bag letuce, get one free, buy 1 pk mushrooms, get one free. Same with baby carrots, eggs, salad dressing, about 20 items all together. Took advantage of that.

Want to retire the first of the year and need to figure out a budget in order to get everything paid including taxes and insurance. DH will be working another four years and then it will be harder yet. Have some savings to help out but it won't last that long. I'm 64, he is 62. For full SS benefits, he has to work until he is 66.
Good luck to everyone with moving, looking for jobs and trying to make ends meet.
seleach
Old 08-08-2005, 08:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Frugal for today will be:

--returning a pair of shorts that just don't fit right no matter how many times I try them back on--lol!
--returning books to the library on time (and checking out a couple more if I have time!)
--returning a mail order cookbook with a pre-paid postage label

Other than that, just the usual--lunch for work brought from home, cold water laundry, etc. Hope all is well with everyone here!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I got out of Shop Rite today having only spent $15 and change :jump:
I got 2 gallons Arm & Hammer detergent
6 boxes fruit snacks/fruit rollups for lunchbox treats
4 FREE boxes Entenmanns packets of brownies/donuts
2 FREE boxes Hefty twist-tie trash bags
1 loaf bread
3 pounds peaches
5 ears of sweet corn
1 bottom round roast

Except for a milk run later in the week and some produce at the produce market, I am done!
Old 08-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello Ladies. I haven't had the time to post but I have been reading all your post or at least trying to. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was not frugal DH went shopping with me. (((SIGH))). I now remember why I stopped letting him come with me. I don't think the man has ever looked at a price tag in his life.
He gave us a scare last week. The doctors got the test on him all wrong, don't know if it was the lab or the doctor. They gave him the wrong MEDS. Everything is on track now. Although I am very upset at his doctor. Is bloodpressure is back down and his pulse is once again under 100. Never ever want to go through that again though

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:04 AM

Emmalee

Wow, that is scary! You have to be so careful with meds. I have two the same color, different shape.. I almost accidentally took two blood pressure pills the other day instead of 1 blood pressure, 1 diabetes pill. With all the colors out there, you'd think they'd be different colors!

Barbzy

Looks like you did very well at the store, Seleach too! You guys are motivating me to look back through my coupons to see what I missed!

Frugal Today: Assembly line sandwiches. I made up 4 sandwiches at the same time, now all I have to do is reach in the frig. grab out a sandwich and go. I also bought a small box of Kelloggs new Cranberry Crunch, assembled it in sandwich bags and am using it as a snack for work.

Anna

Closed Thread