Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hello everyone! Been busy this morning, going through dd's room. Getting rid of old and beat up clothes, and boxing up some of her toys for the thrift store here. I just CAN'T keep everything, even though the new frugal me, says hold it for if I ever have another one.

Non-frugal, I will probably be getting my own apt, immediately after we move, so I will end up having to take out a small loan to afford it. : ( . Oh well, I guess you gotta do, what you gotta do.

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!
Old 08-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Nine Year Member

I spent a total of $25.54 this week on groceries. I bought 2 1/2 gallon of milk (won't need next week), 3 loaves of bread (will freeze for later), 1 gallon vanilla ice cream, cream cheese, celery, 2 lb salad mix, 2.62 lb grapes, 2 lb apples, can white kidney beans.

Gas is $2.35 here, glad I didn't need to fill up this week.

DH got a part-time job minimum 16 hrs a week at $8.25 so that will help pay some bills. He starts training on Wednesday.

I made a pot of Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli soup today, thawed frozen roll dough and made bread sticks from it, having salad with Italian dressing. Olive Garden charges $25 for take out to feed 6 of the soup, salad & bread sticks I made the meal for $10 and will feed more than 6 on it.

Roberta
Old 08-06-2005, 06:28 PM

Good evening all!!

Sorry I wasn't able to get on last night. I finally touched base with the friend who wants 2 baby blankets for her daughter.

I saw the gyn yesterday. She was so wishy-washy, I want definitive help for whatever this is that's going on, and she was not putting my options in strong terms. She told me the bleeding might be caused by the patch, it could be "breakthrough bleeding". I told her I don't think so because it has been over 5 weeks of constant bleeding. And that every few days it ramps up a little it so that that I am now no longer spotting and leaking (I could go for "breakthrough bleeding" if it were that light), but it now constant, 24 hour, 4-5 pad changes a day. And a change in the middle of the night.

She said I could take off the patch for a 30 day period, and then she could test my hormone level. I asked what happens if I start to hemmoraghe, from not having the patch on. She had no answer for that question. I really think the patch is keeping the bleeding from becoming worse.

Then she offered to send me to an endocrine gyn, who can do a "uterine ablasion" which is the removal of the lining of the uterus. That is the option I opted for. Hopefully this dr. (a man) will explain the whole thing to me better. And provide me with some definite options and explain to me the consequences of taking one of those options.

Today, my girlfriend came down and we went to the city wide yard sale. I didn't buy alot - a pair of those "wraparound sunglasses ($1), 10 magazines ($2), an Erma Bombeck book ($1), and an electrostatic duster ($1).

Then it was on to our ACME. In other parts of the country, you might have an Albertson's, Jewel, Sav-On or Osco. They are all owned by the same people.

There is a teriffic deal going on right now. I am not sure of the end date. If you buy 6 Proctor & Gamble products, the catalina machine will spit out a $7 off school supplies purchase. Well the computer takes it off your order, no school supplies needed. I bought 6 $.49 cans of Iams cat food, and sure enough out spit the coupon. Then I took that coupon and got 6 more cans of cat food ($3.12 with tax) and then a steak which was slightly less than $3.88. And I just kept doing that until my heat headache from the yardsaling caught up to me. So far I have a lot of school supplies, 35 cans of cat food (the cat doesn't like it, so it will go to the animal welfare association as a donation), 2 steaks, 2 bundles of asaparagus,a bag of ice for the cooler in the car, and 3 cans of pringles. Tomorrow is another day of free shopping, as I have another $7 coupon to spend. But $3.88 worth of free food each time I do this - teriffic. I have more produce that I need to get, and my Edy's fruit and juice bars with a coupon, and their B1G1 deal this week. I will also get some bread, potatoes, onions, staples that I need. And if I can do this at the self-scan lanes - so can you all.

Well ladies, got to go.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 08-07-2005, 05:21 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Norma,

I had an uterine ablation done in 2002. I opted for that over a hysterectomy?!?! What was I thinking?!?! My periods went from very heavy for 2-3 weeks every 3 weeks or so to very light to spotting for 3 days each month after it was done. Just can't get pregnant or it could kill me. I had been having trouble with this for almost 4 years when I had the ablation done.

If you want more details, let me know by PM. I don't know if the other ladies really want to hear about stuff like this?!?

Have a great day!

Andrea

Andrea

shoulder your cross daily
Old 08-07-2005, 06:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Gosh, havent been on for a while. Welcome to all the new members!!
I am finally settled in my new place, have had a steady stream of visitors, but things are good. We have to take our trash to the dump, and We drove around the dump pile and found a good exercise machine, the kind where your arms move back and forth while your legs pump up and down. Took that home. Im going back to see what else I can find. Actually, they had alot of diff. exercise machines, I could bring them all home clean them up and sell them! Just a thought.
Back to school will be Aug 30 here. Have to sign my son up Aug 24. I did get a job as a sub. bus driver, Im hoping it turns into a regular route so I wont have to work 2 diff jobs.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Sorry Norma, it is so frustrating when a doctor doesn't explain everything to you in layman's terms. I hate wishy-washy too. Maybe this other doctor will tell you everything that you need to know. I do know from experience that harmones can cause the problems that you are having. So, I wish you well.

Frugal today is having Cherokee Pie for dinner and staying at home and watching the race on TrackPass and television.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We do have a good forum on Women's Health, if you are interested in continuing this discussion over there.
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...lay.php3?f=431
I'm not trying to kick it out of here, but it might benefit someone else who is having the same problem, and who doesn't visit the "Frugal" section of our forums!
(And if you start a new thread, it will hit the newsletter, so people will notice it!)

DeBora, I hope you post that Cherokee Pie recipe somewhere! Sounds interesting!

We are having a total of 25 for brunch today. We'll be keeping it fairly frugal: scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage (got it at SAM'S), hash brown casserole and pancakes. Some of our guests will bring pastries and fruit. It's certainly less expensive to have friends for brunch than it is to have a dinner picnic.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:50 PM

Good afternoon all!!

Thanks for the infor Barb, I will visit that thread. I need all the help I can get.

Hope your brunch was successful. We had rain around 12 p.m. here.

I spent 2 hours at ACME this morning doing the $7 coupon thing. Last night I attempted to feed the cat some Iams cat food, and he sniffed it, and then turned around and gave me a look that said, "Are you kidding me?' So it is scheduled to go to the shelter this evening.

But I got 6 large packages of femine pads with B1G1 coupons, 2 Edy's Dibs using 2 $.75 coupons, 2 Edy's Fruit and Juice Bars using a $1.00 coupon with the store incentive of B1G1, potatotes, onions, bread, cat food the cat will eat, a package of chicken thighs, 2 newspapers that were $1.50 each, peaches, and a few candy bars to keep the orders a few cents over $7.00 each. I did 13 orders altogether, 4 at a time until the last one with 5. I almost forgot to get fruit for work this week. And of course the register spit out another coupon each trip. So I have one ready to do it again. And I was looking on my receipts - if I do a phone in "Tell us how great our store is" survey, I will get a loaf of in-store baked Italian bread. I got 2 receipts with that on there. So on top of taking the free food, I am going to be given even more. How cool is that???

I figured it is about $100.00 worth of stuff altogether. And all free!!!

Needless to say we are having steak, potato salad and asparagus for dinner which were all free. Oh, there might be a few cents over $7 each time, but who can complain and I am not planning to add up what I did spend - $.17 here, $14 there, $1.82 3 times, too many little amounts. It is a shame that I can't take a full day off from work, and go shopping for the food pantry here. I will try to make a few runs after work I will try to do veggies, maybe some cereal, oatmeal for sure, rice, pasta and sauce, canned tuna and chicken, peanut butter if it is on sale. This is fun.

Well ladies, better go for now.

Take care all - Norma
Old 08-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I got this recipe from a frugal site that was posted here, but I cannot remember which one:

Cherokee Pie

1# ground beef
3/4 C chopped onion
1 t salt
1/8 t thyme
1 bay leaf
1 can cream of Mushroom Soup
1 #303 can stewed tomatoes
1 C instant rice, uncooked

Brown ground beef and onion, drain. Add spices, soup tomatoes and rice. Cook 3 minutes. Pour into 9X13 Casserole dish. Can top with American Cheese slices cut in half diagonally. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 Minutes.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hello everyone. Boy this site is loading slow.

Frugal today, was rolling up all my change. I now have $100.00 to help with my moving expenses. Whoohoo!

Frugal/unfrugal today, was taking advantage of very low interest rate offers from my credit card in the form of a check, to get money for my moving as well. I need to have a good amount of money set back, as it will take me a bit to find a job, and I'll need a place to live, and also pay for dd's school/daycare. I intend to put her in full time as soon as we move, so she'll be prepared for Kindergarten. I HATE to put her in school, as I'd hoped to be able to homeschool her, but as a SINGLE mom, I just can't afford to be out of the workplace any longer. Working at home has been nice, but I have made under $5,000.00 a year for the past 4 years. We've always gotten by, but it's been hard. I am excited to get the chance to save some money for a downpayment on a house in a few years.

I have been browsing online at apartments, and I'm trying to find one with the nicest amount of amenities, for the lowest amount of money. For instance, I've had to haul clothes to the laundromat before, and I refuse to do that again. I'm going to rent a place with WD hookups, so I can do my laundry as it comes at me. LOL. I also want a safe, secure place for dd and I to live. I've found several that qualify...and one that I really want. So I hope it will happen. It will still be several months most likely before the move, and I'll be babysitting as well as working from home, before I leave, and also I will work from home while I'm job hunting in Texas.

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!

Closed Thread