Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Nope, not like a pinata. It's just an empty air filled balloon, but the rubber's thicker. It has a nipple (can I say that here?!?) like end that you tie a rubber band to and the kids can just wrap the band around their fists/wrists and punch at it with that same hand.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:15 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Location: Top Secret ... unless you wanna send me something! :D
good day to save!

Frugal:
*getting a "swiffer"-like duster and 2 duster heads for $1 at -- where else -- Dollar Tree.
*Scrapbook supplies at DT
*Resisted urge to buy pizza slice at Sam's
*instead, did the rounds on samples!

Not frugal:
* Kept the A/C on MAX in car the entire time. 90 degrees and 90% humidity are killing me.
* Bought too many s/b supplies at DT. LOL
"I'm not having this conversation."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Green is my color, but I look stunning in purple!
Old 08-06-2005, 05:57 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Karen,Thanks never thought to look in the party section!

Debora,
Becki, explained it well! I cant remember how old you said your gd was, my 4 yr old was so entertained with it as his little 17 month old brother! You would of thought it was the end of the world when it popped! The sad thing was it was sitting all by itself in the corner and it just went poof! Very traumatic at my house.

As I said earlier I did not like the meat selection at BJs, I think it was because it was near closing and there wasnt a lot out. So yesterday I went to the grocery bargain store we have, picked up some hamburger for meatballs and such with a 2.00 coupon sticker on it. While I was perusing the worker asked if I liked pork chops (center cut) sure I said, well he was marking down so I got 2 packages of 3 for .66 cents and .83 cents! I usually marinate them in italian dressing and put them on the broiler. I was very excited about that deal! They also had loreal kids shampoo marked at .99 well I had a bogo coupon so that also was the steal of the day!

I dont remember the exact figures of my fil funeral but it was not cheap! Thank goodness there were no money issues for mil. It was all very sudden when he passed so there was no preplanning. Everyone was extremely emotional the day we chose the casket, flowers and all that! So cost was not so important.They did have their plots though so it least there were no issues with that. Anna when my grandfather passed, there was not an actual ceremony he was creamated and my grandmother planned a get together with friends and family in her churchs basement. She just think funerals are such a waste of money...It basicaly was a small party celebrating my grandpas life. First I was appalled at grandmas sendoff but I now realize what she meant. Specialy after fil funeral where like I said no expense was spared. 2 showings the whole nine yards.

Today is my citys art festival along with the semi annual library sale and an international food festival for one of the churchs, we will go check it out but think I may skip the book fair as I truly dont need to "buy" any books as much as I like getting books for the kids but were happy just borrowing! I also wont be making any purchases at the fair but its nice to look at all the creativity that they have. I am amazed at the talent that are there. The pencil drawings are always so fascinating but are priced way way out of my price range! As are most everything else!

Leighann

Last edited by Lee; 08-06-2005 at 06:19 AM.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:05 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning everyone.

The kids go back to school on Wednesday, I am ready but I am also not....If you understand that. We have been shopping almost everyday, just trying to find the bargins. Dd (12 yo) has been easy to shop for, we find bargins all the time for her. Ds (14 yo) is another story, he is VERY thin. If the shorts fit him around the middle, they don't fit him in the length.. We need like a 16 slim and I don't think they make them. We have even tried the really expensive stores and there is nothing.

I have been so tired lately, that I have not had the energy to organize myself in shopping with coupons. When the kids go back to school, I am going to sit down and figure out a budget and some type of treat for me if I stick to it and save money. We have been eating out because it has been so convient. That needs to stop. I need to deep clean and get rid of things we no longer need or use. I have been doing Freecylce lately and it has been nice to "gift" others with things I no longer use.

I have got to go, I will catch up with everyone later. What little bit I have read, everyone has been doing such a good job in saving.

One quick question, When are gas prices going down? I paid $2.25!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 06:28 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lee we have those here at the dollar general

frugal yesterday took dd school shopping went to pebbles and got all her clothes thay came to 200 but after sales i paid 117.00 i was so happy and she got really nice stuff i got her 4 outfits and 2 pairs of shoes

Old 08-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Mystery Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just wanted to check in and say hello!! I feel like a "lurker" as the mystery person-LOL!!!

To return to the Guess Who Game or learn how to play this fun game click here!

Who is our Mystery Guest this week? Take a guess!
click here to submit your guess!
Please remember to submit only one guess per day. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Melly, we have the same problem here with Big DS. He is in 14 slim and soon will be in 16. I have such trouble finding slims....seems no one makes slims, but everyone makes Huskies. Have you tried JC Penney online?

Can You Guess, you CAN post as your regular self and as the mystery self! So don't feel so alone
Old 08-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

barbszy--I tried buying over the internet, but he wants to try them on. So Monday we will be going to the nearest JcPenney. Have a nice weekend.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Thanks for the explaination Beckri. I actually remember playing with those when I was a child. Didn't they use them on Romper Room? My DGD will be 2 on the 18th. She would LOVE one of those.

My DD got life insurance for the GKs. I told her that it was wise because the last I heard, a funeral can cost well over $7,000--but that was years ago. I that was a cheap funeral too.

Frugal today is taking some leftover meatballs out of the freezer and making spaghetti and meatballs. I will have to order some EXPENSIVE shoes online later this week or next. However, I broke my leg in 2002 because of cheap shoes with no grip. Then, the summer shoes that I wear now allow my foot to slide out which has caused me to break one foot twice (I was in Mexico and nobody would tell me where the doctor was so I broke it again as it wasn't braced) and then, a month later when I was back home, because I was using all my weight on my other foot, I broke it! So, I feel like the good, although pricey, shoes are the better deal in the long run. I bought my Oakley tennis shoes 2 years ago and they still look new.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Just subscribing.

Closed Thread