Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Wed. May 25th,2005 Today Frugal Things:

Wed. May 25th,2005 Today Frugal Things:
Homeschooling Darling Daughter.
Daily Household Task.

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 05-25-2005, 05:24 PM

Good evenign all!!

Anna, I got a look at that cake candle, how beautiful. You should get lots of sales with that one.

Well ladies, got to go. Lots to do.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 05-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna - very nice cake candle.

Not real frugal as I had to buy teacher and staff parting gifts for today. As DS graduated he passed out more than usual. I bought the nylon butterflies and put little sayings on them (thanks for helping me fly) and flowers (thanks for helping me grow). I was stuck for his male teacher as he is very young, first teaching job but ended up getting him some notepaper and collectors cards that he collects (he would give the boys his extra).

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 05-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Went to Old Navy to return something today and came out with tons of clearance items, most were 99c-$1.97

My baby graduated pre-school last week. I almost cried. Went to get my hair cut and my hairdresser gave her a grad gift of $5 ! How sweet, un necessary too, but she wanted to do it.

Our towns garage sale was last weekend-I'm still digging through the piles of stuff I got. A couple towns over is next weekend I can't wait ! I got a Columbia coat for $1 !!! My friend and I ran out of there before the lady realized how low she marked it.

Someone mentioned CSI a couple pages back and that jogged my memory. I caught dd2 once walking around the house with q-tips. She was "swabbing for blood".

Used a g.c. I had for a local garden nursery to get a flat of flowers + my tomatoes and some herbs. Had 41c left over too!

I wish it'd warm up already. I so want to hang my clothes line up. It may hit 70 this weekend...

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 05-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Nine Year Member

We are back from the funeral 380 miles was not frugal nor the hotel room but I did take snacks & drinks with us and we ate Tues & Wed evening at an Aunt's house and continental breakfast at the hotel.

I'm off to an awards banquet today so lunch is on them!

Roberta
Old 05-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Roberta, I am sorry for your loss. Must have missed that earlier.

The weather is JUST not cooperating in my quest to be frugal. I want to hang out my laundry and it will not stop with this damp, rainy, cloudy mess
There! Now that I've got that out of my system I feel better.

The other day I had most of the laundry caught up by dinner. After dinner I had a meeting and the kids went out to play. Luke had a little accident and DH decided that rather than leaving the wet pants around, he would wash them. Besides the little underwear and jeans, the only laundry left was a pile of tie-dye shirts that I wash SEPARATELY and a pair of Luke's fleece pajamas (expensive ones that my mom got him from Lands End). You guessed it--the tie-dye ran
Luckily the fleece pjs didn't pick up any dye, and the jeans look like they were spared (they are hand me downs from big DS, and I think DD wore them too, so they don't owe me anything) BUT the little white undies are now a bluish-green except for the waistband which didn't take the dye! Amazingly the color came out nice and even. But they are going back in the wash in the next bleach load, because I am afraid of what might happen if Mr. Potty Trainer doesn't quite make it again.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:49 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by barbszy
The weather is JUST not cooperating in my quest to be frugal. I want to hang out my laundry and it will not stop with this damp, rainy, cloudy mess
I know the feeling!! It has finally let up today, I am debating hanging my wash out or not. So the better weather should hit your area tomorrow. It seems that Osi gets the rain one day, than the following day it hits my area, than the following day it hits your area!

Yesterday was DD#3's last day of preschool. I made her a "graduation" cake, chocolate like she requested. Yes, Leighann it will seem really strange to have all the kids in school every day. The bad part about it is, it will only be for one year, as next year is DD#1's senior year!! I will have one as a senior, one as a Junior, one as a fifth grader and one in Kindergarten!!

Anna, that cake looks ... should I say it???? Delicious!!!

Roberta I too am sorry for your loss, and also must have missed it earlier!

Frugal for me has been the normal cold water wash, again debating on the wheather as to hang it out! And baking DD's graduation cake from a mix that was bought on sale with a coupon, I think it was like 25 cents for the mix.

As for the Opossums, we are to just let them loose, but not near the house in case they really liked it in here they will try to come back in!! Crochet, Opossums are not likely prone to rabies! They believe it has to do with their body temp. Little education on Opossums, which I found interesting. They are actually "clean" animals. They keep the environment clean. They eat snakes!!! And are immune to snake venom. DH, and I would actually like to keep one in the back yard due to that fact. they really don't bite, but, they hiss, and can foam at the mouth to "trick" predators, into thinking they are sick. (hence the term playing possum)

Regardless, this weekend, DH and DS will be boxing up 6 baby Opossums, and letting them loose in the field behind the trailer park.

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Frugal this week so far:
--Cold water laundry
--All meals at home (or from home, as in bringing lunch to work)
--Bought Windex at Walgreens on sale for $2.00 with a $1 coupon and will be sending in a $1 rebate on that.
--No heat or air conditioning needed this week.
--Grocery shopping at Aldis, some at WalMart
--Paid only $1.89 per gallon for gas

Guess that's about it!
Old 05-26-2005, 08:01 AM

mom2-4 and Barbzy

Sending a sunshiny day to you all tommorow and Satruday as it's a gorgeous day here today for a change. It's been cool, cloudy, windy and some rain here all week but today is a day where I really, really don't want to be at work.

I sold the candle I posted on here last night for $20.00 the lady buys my "Smoke Eliminator" candles and when she heard about the cake she bought it sight unseen. She's a friend of my mil's. I told her on the phone I hadn't burned any yet and she said that's o.k. she didn't intend to burn it, just for decorations. I did burn one though last night... Coffee Cake ( it smells like coffee) and it burns fantastic. We were a little worried with it having 4 wicks but it burned just fine.

Well the mailman is here and I'm hoping he has my jello molds- I have all that kind of stuff sent to work.

Talk again soon.

Anna
Old 05-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

chuckle My first post!

Hello everybody. I found this forum about three weeks ago, and wanted to post then, but I decided to read all the threads first, so I did. I have officially read all the frugal today threads, and I feel like I know you all. I started with number 3 and worked my way up.

You guys are inspiring, and have taught me quite a bit that I could be more frugal at.

Looking forward to posting here in the free time I have.

Becky

Single SAH/WAHM of a nearly 6 year old Drama Queen!

Closed Thread