Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

MKS, I just put your question here:
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...137#post273137
Old 07-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks Barbzy, for the info & for starting the thread!
Old 07-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Today i went to a job interview. I actually got the job. its for in home health care. They dont have anyone in my area yet, but they have 3 clients who are suposed to sign up in the next week. they are waiting on dr final orders. I am going to make 7.05 an hour. this is not alot of money. and its barely enough to live on, but im hopeing its enough to keep the bills paid.

i am very excited, and looking forward to it. next week, i have a bunch of flyers and papers to put out to advertise our care. they are new in the area and need all the advertising they can get. i get paid .24 cents a mile for runing the errends for the clients, and i get 1/3 of an hours pay, plus the .24 a mile. so the idea is to make enough to pay my bills..im figureing i have to make about 900 a month so i can break even. ill also be able to deduct the mileage and car repairs on my taxes. so that is a good thing.

i should get my 3 clients next week. im hopeing anyway. im also going to see if i can get them 2 or 3 times a week. thats the whole idea to do in home care weekly. so thats good too. they hired me because no one around there wanted to drive to here to work. its about a 70 mile drive from here to the home office. so i lucked out there. anyway..im happy i got the job. im happy its going to work around my kids and my husbands dr apts. that was worth alot to me too.

everyone needs something they can do to help things out. what i needed was to get things straight so i can get bills paid and kids taken care of.

so that was my whole day of frugalness. nothing really done. im at my folks right now doing laundry and trying to get that all caught up. tommrow im going to work on my web page, i plan to add more to it each day. and im going to clean up house...how does that get soooo dirty in just a week?

hope everyone has a good day
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 07-29-2005, 05:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ericka, you did PLENTY today! Congrats on getting the job, and I hope you get enough clients to keep you busy and paid!
Old 07-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome CMRies! The museum sounded like something my kids would have liked too.

Norma - glad to hear that you are cancer free. Hope you can get the other problem straightened out.

Ericka - congrats on the new job. Your site looked nice, I will have to explore it later.

Went to grocery and found some organic low fat dressings on clearance and some had a coupon on them so they were free. The others were only .54. Went to Kohl's tonight and found some good deals on clothes for my dd, ds and nieces. Now have a few more Christmas and birthday gifts.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 07-30-2005, 05:50 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning everyone.

Ericka--Congrats on the job. I am sure it will work out.

Lately I have not been frugal, the kids are getting ready for school so all I have been doing is spend money. DD has outgrown all of her shorts, capri's and skirts. She is between sizes, the only brand that seem to work for her is Lei. We went to Foley's and they had a pair of really cute capri's for over $20. I can't bring myself to pay that much when she will outgrow them in about 2 months. It is so expensive and the resale store we go to did not have anything a few weeks back. I guess we need to go there sometime this week.

Have a nice weekend everyone.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ericka--Great job on the web site! I checked it out again today. I really enjoy reading what you've written!

Frugal for me was visiting WalMart yesterday--I had some coupons that are about to expire and I was waiting to see if anyone put the items on sale before I used them. Didn't see any sales, but I didn't want to waste the coupons either--the price with the coupon on these items was better than any sale price, but I kept hoping I'd be able to combine the sale price/coupons.

Had dinner out with one of my girlfriends last night. I think she's jumping on my coupon bandwagon--she brought along a coupon for $5 off 2 dinners. Yay!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-30-2005, 09:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

futureteacher, thanks alot. i really enjoy trying to find things to write about. i want to write almost every day, some days i wont be able to, but maybe on others i can write 2 or more entries. at least that is the hope. one entry next week will be what happend on the grocery shopping trip, with coupon totals and all. hopefully that will help keep me on the straight and narrow. lol.

i also plan on frugal xmas gifts, more kids infromation, camping, cooking and recipes all kinds of things..
does anyone have any ideas of things they would like to see information about...or ideas for chapter type things...

today my frugal is staying home,working on the computer, and the house, plus i plan to open my windows over home. my utility bill came today, and it was .39 cents more than i had figured, it was $116.39, so next months i know will be more, i keep track of it every day, and i knwo i have already "spent" about 211 more kw this month than last. but it was soooo hot this last month. im hopeing that i wont have to use the ac as much and i can fix my screans again for us to use the open windows. i cant do that when the temps are over 85* since our trailer gets full sun half the day, its over 100 in there easy by then. so when there is a good day when its under 80s or so, i try to open my windows and keep the house cool that way. when it gets cold, i wont turn on the heat till it gets to under 55 in the house either. durring the night, the kids sleep in sleeping bags, and durring the day , i run a kersone heater and try to keep it warm that way, plus i do alot of baking.

well thats all for now..
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 07-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ericka--

I really like the idea that you want to share your ideas with others who may need a little advice. At various times in my life, I've found myself scraping the bottom of the barrel. Although I've learned a lot since, and I had a great example to follow from my mother--that woman knows how to stretch a dollar!--it would have been helpful to have other resources in the beginning. But we live and learn, don't we? And it seems like I learn new ideas all of the time--I've found lots of helpful advice here at FC. Although financially things are OK now--granted, I'm not living in the lap of luxury, but I don't have to worry about whether or not I can afford to buy groceries--I know how easy it is to slip past the fine line after a few bad decisions or a few unexpected bad knocks in life. Anyway, again, I'm enjoying reading your site, and way to go on trying to reach out and help others by leading by example!
Old 07-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ericka, I think you have a great set of ideas for your site. Start with that, and see where it goes from there.

(Don't forget to link back here to Family Corner! I have learned SO many frugal ideas here).

That book sale was "so-so." Not sure it was worth the time and gas. Next time I go, I'll bring another grownup and no kids!
They had a whole section of books 10/$1 and you HAD to buy 10. So I picked up a few extra besides the ones I wanted, because I had to get 10. If my kids don't like them, they'll be donated to the school library.
I spent $32 and got well over $150 worth of books including a few gifts that I have coming up. BUT I was hoping to replace a lost "Curious George" book and found nothing like that. Almost all the picture books were in Spanish. Well, that's nice...I can read Spanish....my kids can't! If they had the English translation I would have bought many of them.

On the way home I stopped at Linens N Things, and used my 20% off coupon for the bead curtain for DD. I hung it up right away and it looks quite nice. She is THRILLED. Now, let's see what DH thinks of it when he gets in.

Closed Thread