Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Bluebird, we live in a trailor and i riped up all the carpet in every bed room i only have carpet in my living room and hall and if i hadnt bought a rainboo sweeper i would ripe it up to really cutes down on dust but hubby would shot me if i didnt use the over priced sweeper on something lol oh ya we put down linolium (SP) and i love it

Old 05-24-2005, 01:45 PM

Boggz & Bluebird

That's what we have in our kitchen and bathroom too is linoleum. In the bathroom it came in tile sections, just peel and stick. Dh did it in less than 8 hours including the measuring, very easy and pretty cheap.

I'm so excited... I told you all this weekend that this guy came and bought a bunch of candles for his wife. He came back last night with his wife and bought $45.00 more of candles and incense bottles He said "See I told you I would be back"! Really good customer so far.

Frugal today: just the usual stuff, take lunch to work, car share, etc. go home make dinner at home and work on another cake. Dh is going to drill holes in the cake I made the other day, it's 3 inches deep. He didn't think he'd have a long enough drill bit but he thinks he does.

Oh well enough of that... take care everyone.

Anna
Old 05-24-2005, 02:13 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

OSI,

Thats what i have in my bedrooms and bathroom done it all by myself and dha dni just replaced the kitchen with new linolium this past week end i love it. Oh by the way i was going to tell you i use to buy candles off this guy he made wonderful candles he made them in large mouth jars not the big ones and on top he had fruit on top made out of molds thay smelled sooooo good but he dont make them any more he made strawberry with real looking strawberries on top blueberry with real looking blueberries thay looked good enough to eat lol

thats great that the guy came back people know when there getting great products and will buy those over everything else and you have great products.

Old 05-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My 2 1/2 cents worth....

I love carpet cause it's warm and I only have to vaccumn it. Uncapeted floors you have to scrub regularly and if you live in a dusty area that can be pretty often! Rugs get dirty too but I only have to shampoo them every three or so months downstairs and upstairs once a year
Old 05-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello, everyone!
We have carpet, but have to shampoo it often because of the dogs. Spring is particularly bad with them tracking in mud. I finally put an old towel by the door to wipe their paws when it's wet out.
Good going, Anna, on selling more candles! Before you know it, you'll be set up in your own shop.
Norma, I love the "call his mom" message. lol That's too funny.
We are having friends from out of state coming to visit Memorial weekend, so I've just been planning my menu and grocery list. I like to make as much as I can ahead so I'm not cooking the whole time. So, I guess frugal today would be making granola and muffins and a few meals for the freezer. Hopefully, it will be nice and we can do some grilling as well. Well, ladies, take care and have a nice evening!
Old 05-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Today in our Home Tuesday May 24th,2005:

Today in our Home Tuesday May 24th,2005:
Homeschooling Darling Daughter.
Daily Household Task.

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 05-25-2005, 03:14 AM

Good morning all!!

I was more frugal than I planned to be last night. I stopped at my sister's home to pick up stuff for the yard sale. While there, she asked if I wanted to split a pizza with her for dinner. So we did, as much because she had to show me how to use something on my computer as to eat. But hey, I didn't have to cook, just do the dishes and provide her with soda.

Anna - great to hear your sales are making small leaps and bounds. You go girl!!

Well ladies, better go. I have to do a couple of rows on this afghan, and then get to work.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 05-25-2005, 05:11 AM

Good Morning Everyone

I brought my cake candle into work today, everyone ooo'd and ahh'd over it. One of my bosses said, someday when your a famous candle maker I can say I knew you when you were just playing with everything,

Here's a link to a photo of the one I brought in today.

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...616#post256616

Anna
Old 05-25-2005, 07:11 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

very pretty cake candle Anna
Old 05-25-2005, 08:11 AM

Thanks Candy

It's been a fun project and no calories were consumed in the making of this product, lol!

Anna

Closed Thread