Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

both joe and i have done it. all they require is hair to be in a pony tail, 10 inches or longer and not bleached. it can be colored. but they prefer it not be. the hair is then made into wigs for the kids who need them. the colored hair is sold and the money used to make the wigs.

hth
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 02-17-2005, 02:37 AM

Good morning all!!

Yes, I too was a participant in the Locks of Love Program when I had my head shaved last March. Go to www.locksoflove.com. There is place there that not only gives you details, but also gives the address of where to send the hair to. When she des go to get it cut, just tell the hairdresser so they capture as much in that ponytail as possible.

Well, better go. I have start getting ready for work soon.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 02-17-2005, 05:03 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning! Brr-the temps really dropped overnight! The first thing I did was to turn the heat back on. Frugal today is having the leftover black bean soup for supper. I will probably add some cubed chicken or little smokies to stretch it out. Not very fancy, but it will save me from going to the store a day too early. It seems that no matter how much food I buy it is always a stretch at the end of the two weeks. I think it just gets eaten because it's there. I keep a lot of stock in my bathroom closet. That seems to work well. I've just been doing some mending this morning. Going through my grandma's old buttons has been a history lesson in itself! You can tell which ones are from the depression. She must have cut a lot of buttons off of old clothes because they are still attached to material. Anyway, it has been kind of fun. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 02-17-2005, 05:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tonight will be a frugal dinner. Shop Rite had a great sale on bacon & eggs--so we're having Breakfast for Dinner. 99-cent bacon, 99-cents for 18 eggs. I'll let the kids have whatever fruit is around (apples, grapes) on the side. It will be an easy dinner and inexpensive!
Old 02-17-2005, 05:17 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

barbszy--I love that kind of meal, I am not hungry at breakfast time so I love eggs for lunch and dinner.

Have a nice day.

Melly
Old 02-17-2005, 05:51 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb,
Wow what a steal! I have never seen bacon for .99! My grocery did have eggs .68 a dozen. I picked up 2 we always use them up one way or another!
Joesbaby,
Good luck to your dh on his interview. Now I only wish my dh would get one, its really scaring me!
Leighann
Old 02-17-2005, 05:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Just a couple of frugal things for me today--I have to go to Iowa today on my lunch hour at work (I live and work in Illinois, but Iowa is across the bridge just a few minutes away) where gas is much cheaper. I'm almost on empty, so this is good timing. Also trimmed my bangs this morning instead of paying for a haircut. I've found I can get by with a professional haircut 2or 3 times a year if I cut my bangs myself. And last night I found a deal on my favorite laundry detergent--128 ounces for $2. Usually it's $2.50 when it goes on sale, so that was a bonus! I didn't get a chance to use Barbszy's advice on cleaning my dryer vent (but I will!!), but I also didn't get a chance to do laundry--funny how life gets in the say some days! That's about it for now. Have a good day everybody!!
Old 02-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

jjoj - I like the Dollar Stretcher, that's the one I couldn't think of. I'll have to try your other ones. Thanks!

Well, I'm running behind, so I've gotta go wake up the kiddo's.

Carol

Old 02-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Carol, I just remembered another good one is old fashioned living. It comes on weekdays. It has lots of recipe and gardening ideas. I think you might really like that one too. Take care!
Old 02-17-2005, 07:34 AM

Rivermom

I commend your restraint in not shopping the Goodwill when money is tight. I went in to 3 this weekend looking for a pair of jeans. Found the jeans (don't fit ) a bookshelf, books, maniquin head, metal tins, etc. spent around $25.00 altogether I think. While these were great finds, would have spent about the same buying a brand new pair of jeans, lol!

leasmom

I checked her postings, she hasn't been on since the beginning of Feb. maybe she's having computer problems?

Frugal yesterday was calling a online store that I used to buy from here in town Hobby Lobby. They shut the store down closest to me and I had to resort to Joann's and Michaels, which is about a 15 mile trip each way from my house. I ordered my bandana's from their online store before but couldn't find the appliques I use to spell out Go Bucks. I called yesterday and ask the rep. if they carried them online and that I couldn't find them. it took her a hour trying to figure it out but she called and showed me how to get to them, so now I don't have to go to Joann's or Michael's at all I can just order everything I need online and they have this neat icon on each item you buy it comes up and ask if you want to check if the item is in stock. So anyways I ordered everything I needed from them yesterday will be delivered to my job in a couple of days. Saves me from impulse buying at Joann's, saves on gas and saves on my time. The special glue I use now is being sold at Meijers Grocery/Dept. store so that's another thing I don't have to go to Joann's for.

I am a happy camper to be free from all that running around and then too their not having all the items in stock and having to make more trips to their store, so stressful when I'm on a timeline.

Unfrugal: Dh was starving when we got off work and didn't want to wait for me to cook dinner, so we went out to a chineese buffet restaurant.

Anna

Closed Thread