Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Grrrrrr

When I was in town yesterday, I stopped at Arby's and picked up some gift certificates to send to my son (who is stationed in California) for Easter. He loves to eat there.

This morning,as I was putting them in the card to send, I noticed they are only redeemable at our local Arby's. It had never occurred to me to ask. I called Arby's and they confirmed it.

So --- another trip to town today to find something else to send my son. Not frugal.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

well not much frugal to tell about today. we worked over the weekend to get a trailer burned down. of that, we took the copper and the outside aluminum off so far. we made 140 for that. they burned it yesterday, and the frame is ready for us to cut up now, but its raining. we dont do very well in the rain. but that was a decent amount for the hours we worked. it was only joe and our 13 yr old son working on it. they did about 5 hours on saturday and 6 on sun to work it. for our son, i gave him 20 for helping out. he will make more as he helps out more. he got a veido game with it.

also, the girls and i took a walk yesterday. we walked from the driveway here at moms to the corner and back. it is about a mile total walking. we took 2 walmart sacks and picked up all the soda and beer cans on the way. we even smashed them. we wound up filling both sacks, and the girls even carried 15 back each in their hands. that was alot of cans. but they are selling for .60 a pound right now. and the girls think its very fun and very good that we walk and pick them up. they say its a shame someone threw them all out and hurt the earth that way. they are too little to help on the business..but they want to so much, this way, they get to do something speical too . this way they can keep track of thier can collections too.

thats all we did frugal today and this weekend.

hope everyone has a goodday
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 03-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Nine Year Member

Way to go Melly!

Lisa---I know exactly what you and your family are going through. We are facing the exact same with my Dear Dad. My prayers are with you.

Frugal today....well, I finally made and froze hot pockets. Had bits of this and that in the frig and freezer, so I made them. I used two loaves of bread that I bought at Aldi's. One wheat and one white.

Have a great evening.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 03-22-2005, 01:48 PM

Melly

Great job on the shopping, that is really impressive.

Mrs. Maniac

I will try to post that link tonight. Iím at work and itís saved on our favorites at home. We have 2 gas stations outside our house tooÖ next door is Shell across the street is BP. We donít use either if we can help it, we prefer Speedway. With Premium sky high now Iím so glad we have 2 vehicles that use regular, whew! One of my co workers said yesterday a Citgo in our neighborhood had gas for $1.36 a gallonÖ sure wish Iíd known about that! Oh and Mrs. Maniac

Here is something to think about too ladies. With the price of gasoline soaring higher and higher, stocking up now is a really good idea not that it isnít all the time. Higher gas means higher grocery cost as well as shipping etc. it will affect all of us. I noticed Diesel fuel is higher now than regular gas whereas in the past itís been lower.

Lislynn

Good job on the bread store deals.. we hardly ever have super buys like that.

Chris
Do you have a Aldiís in your area? They sell bags of salt for around $2.00 I think.

Oh Vicki Lynn

That is a shame that the certificates canít be used anywhere else, major bummer! Iím sure he would have been really happy with that.

Joesbaby

Good job on getting the aluminum cans, thatís a really good price on them. Our area is about 33 to 35 cents per lb. And you helped clean up the environment too.

Danstigerangel

When you say you used 2 loaves of bread for the hot pockets, do you mean real loaves or are they selling freezer bread now too?

Anna
Old 03-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Nine Year Member

Anna---I used real loaves. Our Aldi's doesn't sell the freezer loaves. Seems to me they are starting to sell alot more household items. I wish they'd add more grocery items.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 03-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Danstigerangel - then I'll keep you all in my prayers along with my mom. Dad just called me upset, she kicked him out of her hospital room, told him she'd had enough of being stared at and he should take his butt home. Yep, she's getting feisty!

Lisa
Old 03-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks everyone

today was better but it can turn very suddenly with my three bosses. They turn suddenly on you. I did get one deal today but not much else. I am just gonna keep going and hope for the best. I can't wait for this class and so I can have choices. I register on Friday or Monday. I have choices at work too, I can transfer to a different team or go to Reservations dept. but I wouldn't make as much money in Reservations.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:19 PM

Gas Prices Comparison Link

This is listed as Columbus but it gives you a address bar to check other places too. Hope this helps.

Anna

http://www.columbusgasprices.com
Old 03-22-2005, 07:24 PM

Health Update

You all may remember a few months back (early Feb.) I mentioned I was having trouble with my hip, couldn't put weight on it and had a xray. Well I finally.... got the results today. I have a bone spur on my hip and she said the beginnings of arthritis. They had lost the fax report from the lab. Well off to bed, dh starts back on Overtime tommorow.

Anna
Old 03-23-2005, 03:37 AM

Fancy Hat Candle Tarts

I posted a picture of the hats I made yesterday in the crafts forum. Here is the link if you'd like to see them.

Anna

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&postid=241155

Closed Thread