Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

What a grouch! Time to get rid of that Dr. for sure. I think what they are referring to is Standard & Poors. I've heard the name before but not sure what they do or are. Your library may be able to help.
I would love to get rid of our Dr. but no one can give us a good referral for someone else. Hate to go from bad to worse you know.
Our old Dr. retired so we stayed with the new ones that bought his practice. They are ok I suppose, just not what we were used to, bedside manner is lacking and it seems like they don't care-just get us in and out. I don't go so much, but dh has to go every 3 mos. for thyroid, cholesterol and blood pressure work ups. What p.o.'s me off is that upon first meeting this Dr. took dh's blood pressure and immediately put him on meds. Now dh is a big guy, hates Dr.s and was nervous about meeting him. Think that had anything to do with it!? IMHO the guy has a kickback thing going with the drug company. OH and he doesn't prescribe generics!!!
I told dh to ask for them, he doesn't want to rock the boat. What do I know, I'm just his wife...but that was another conversation altogether right?

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 03-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

LJsmom,

If I was you I'd be going to the DR with DH and asking questions. Also the pharmacy should be able to substitute generic drugs when they are available especially if you insist.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I had a very bad day at work today

Today was my first day back from work and my bosses jump all over me about not getting a deal and having gone on vacation and therefore I can't come back and not hit goal. And that because of my sinus infection, maybe they should send me home with a write-up for non-performance because I'm not feeling well and I didn't pitch the vacation to a wrong number. I was so mad I could've split steel and I was crying. Pray for me that I get another job because this was my first day back and they did this to me, unlike they're favorites who they say nothing too when they first came back from vacation and have gone 3 wks without getting more than 3 deals, but on my first day they jumped on me. Plus, we switched to calling Western calls which is new for us all and so you can't get deals when you have hang-ups and someone is cursing you out.

I will be registering for the Medical Coding class either Friday or Monday and I have to purchase the books. I have to register dd for daycare and in 10 wks I should have a career. There is always about 3 to 4 ads for Medical billers in this area so that shouldn't be a problem with finding work. Pray that I can make it through with this seemingly constant harrassment from my bosses. I made a complaint with the head who knows that people are leaving our team all the time because of my boss, and maybe they'll eventually do something but until then, pray that I can hold it together until then!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Nine Year Member

leasmom----I am so sorry to hear about your bad day at work today. I pray that you find another job. I don't post here very often but since I've been off of work because of Spring Break, I'm catching up. I just love reading your posts. You're a gal with alot of energy! I really pray that your job improves for you.

I myself dread going back to work. Still have one week left, which I know is goinga to fly. I've enjoyed being home, cooking from scratch, baking, etc., and being frugal. Seems I have such a hard time with it once I'm back at work. I am going to make and freeze pancakes, hot pockets, things like that so that I don't buy the expensive boxed junk at the store.

Well....I'm rambling. Talk to you all later.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 03-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

leasmom--I am so sorry that you first day back was not a good one. Things will get better.

Have a nice evening.

Melly
Old 03-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Nine Year Member

Called the new insurance company and they are going to cover DH's arthritis prescription for just $25 a month so I dropped off the new card and picked up the refill. Now I just need to call the sublimental insurance and find out where our reimbursement is from 7 weeks ago is. Put the prescription on the credit card and I've had to pay the bill already.

While at the store getting the prescription I picked up 3 more cans of VandeCamps 28 oz baked beans with bacon for $.25 each after the sale & coupons. They went into the food pantry bag.

Roberta
Old 03-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Assistant Moderator

I bought doorhanger kits for VBS today at Dollar Tree. Four foam door hangers, foam stickers and a glitter pen for a dollar! I love the Dollar Tree!!

Found two Old Navy shirts at Goodwill for younst ds. They didn't have much in. Bought a silcone cake pan at WalMart. Finally got my nesco roaster. Never heard about the raincheck so I stopped by and asked them. Found a computer armoire at WM that I really like..... our desk has seen much better days.

Started cleaning kitchen cabinets tonight.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

leasmom, I'm so sorry you had such a bad day at work. I hope you get to feeling better and that your future plans for your career work out.

I know I
would be looking for a new job if my bosses did that to me.

I took this week off to get some things cleaned up around here. Seems like stuff just piles up faster than you can get rid of it.

Going to work on sprucing up the yard too. I feel like spring.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:41 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I haven't had much time to post the past week.

But, I did want to mention a few things. First Lisa, praying for you Mom, keep us posted on her condition!

Leasmom, sorry about the work, isn't the way it usually goes? The working dog gets yelled at the most, no matter what they do??

On the keeping deer out of garden. Human hair is also suggested. As the hair gives the scent of a human, and keeps the deer away. And yes, lime is okay for tomato plants, actually it is a good idea to use lime on tomato plants, it keeps the horn worms away. And if you have ever seen a horn worm, you know you want to keep them off the tomatos!! They are sooooo ugly!!

Not much frugal for me to report. I have been busy with work. I guess that would be frugal, I don't have time to go do extra shopping.

Unfrugal will be today, I need to go get easter basket fillings for the kids. And while I am at it, I am going to pick up DD's bday gift.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:00 AM

Good morning all!!

Well, the cat is now a eunoch. He seems fine, vry hungry when I brought him home. They had told me not to feed him too much, and nothing last night in case his stomach was upset still from the anesthesia. But I went on those "mom instincts" and fed him lightly anyway - no problems.

As long as he was in the cat carrier - that's where he is now. Like he wants to go on another trip!!! At least I know that if there is another trip anywhere in his future, I can count on him being comfortable enough to just go right in.

I agree with the human hair to keep deer from the plants. My uncle used to have a blueberry farm. His sister was a hairdressr and used to give him all the sweepings. He kept them year round in the shed and put them in plastic bags that fruit came in. He tied these to the blueberry bushes and hardly ever had deer. They just are not that brave to come near where humans are.

Frugal for me today will be taking lunch. For dinner I will be making some chicken and yellow rice. A 1 lb. package of Vigo yellow rice mix was just $.99, and a whole store roasted (didn't-sell- the-night-before) chicken was $2.99 minus and instant $1.00 off bonus coupon. I will add an onion, some red bell pepper and some chopped hot peppers. In addition to tasting like my aunt used to make when I lived with her in Florida, it is pretty.

In last night's mail I got a free sample of Whiskas new dry cat food, a letter from my car dealership with 2 free coupons printed on the letter, and an envie from Carol Ann with some much needed coupons, and an envie of coupons I purchased from e-Bay. When Carol Ann can't find coupons I am actively seeking, I turn to eBay. I have an automatic message e-mailed to me when certain coupons are being offered for auction. This is a freebie for being a registered member of eBay.

I think this is such a good idea. Whether you are looking for coupons, or maybe a certain Snowbabies piece, or whatever you are interested in.

I wish that when they had the sample sizes of Huggies Pull-ups out there I had known. I was searching eBay almost daily. I would have taken advantage of it.

Well ladies, got to go get ready for work.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread