Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well, I went back to Walmart and got my money back for the bad milk.
Then I had a couple of things to pick up there so I walked around a bit and noticed a stack of jeans with a sign, $3. There were 4 pairs in my size, all tan. I figured for that price I'd get a pair.
When I went to pay, they rang up 22 CENTS!!!!!
Needless to say I went back for the other 3 pairs!! I will be spending a lot of time in tan jeans, I guess!
I also got Luke 2 pairs of lighter weight cargo sweatpants for $3 each, DD a pair of sweatpants for $1
Old 03-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Well, good afternoon everyone. Thank you so much for the prayers. Mom called me this morning, the stress test did show a problem, blockage. They will be doing an angiogram Monday morning. I won't be at work at all on Monday as I'll camp out there at the hospital for her and really for Dad, he's not doing well handling the emotional side of this. They fight like cats and dogs but let her get sick and he falls apart. My hope is they can either use stents or angioplasty. I'm really hoping they don't have to do a bypass again. I thank you again for all your posts.

Not been very frugal as running back and forth from hospital and picking up food for the kids. I will try to get some cooking done this weekend to eliminate fast food/pizza prices!!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Lisa
Old 03-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Nine Year Member

I did a huge grocery run this morning saved 47% picked up a few great deals. I got a 2 lt of 7up for $.25, 4) Energy bars for $.10 each, 2) Keebler Sundee cookies for $1.35 each, 2) Air Wick spray for FREE, 6) Cheezits/HoHo crackers for $1.23 each, 2) large VandeCamp Baked Beans for $.25 each, 6) DelMonte veggies for $.46 each, 30 juice boxes for $.16 each. Kroger had 4 lb sugar on sale for $.99 so I stocked up and got 4 bags.

The juice boxes, cookies, and crackers will go to church for Kids Club snacks.

Roberta
Old 03-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I was planning to go Easter shopping after work today, but the weather kept me frugal. We're getting another big snowstorm. I actually left work early and came home when I heard they are closing all the schools in the area.

But not-so-frugal DH, who had gone to pick up Ethan from daycare, stopped at the store for a few "emergency supplies" to get us through the storm. He bought beer, wine and donuts - you know, all the NECESSITIES!.

I went to the library yesterday, so I have a few books to keep me occupied for the weekend. LET IT SNOW!
Old 03-18-2005, 01:49 PM

Barbzy

What awesome deals on the jeans!!!!

JJOJ

Enjoy your weekend away and we'll see ya back here on Monday.

Lislynn18

Hope your mothers condition improves, my thoughts will be with you.

VickiLynn

I think our snow is over for this season, it's beautiful here today... sunshine and 70's. Not the 90's their getting in Fla. today (my boss is on vacation there) but I'll take this. Tommorow is rain.

Frugal: Off to shop Aldi's after work, then go to Giant Eagle and get dh's Pepsi and I have coupons which will bring the price down to $1.50 a 12 pack... gotta like that.

Talk again soon Have a good weekend everyone.

Anna
Old 03-18-2005, 01:53 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow Barb, great deals at Walmart for you. Guess the Yukky milk paid off! Last year towards the end of my pregancy I found big shirts for 1.00 bought 3, and now dh wears them since they were mens!
I still cant get the boys to eat anything, but I did make my own pedialite and they had a little bit. THats fine since I know it was much cheaper than the stuff in the store. Well off to tend the kids since this little bit has taken forever!
Leighann
Old 03-18-2005, 01:56 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna,
We are only 2 1/2 hrs away, its the seventies? Geez its only in the high 30"s here. Telling dh to start looking for jobs there!
Leighann
Old 03-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Freecycling Day

I finally got my box spring off of Freecycle. I am so happy about that. Then I went to deliver a lawnmower to a woman not far away in Blountville, Tn near the Bristol Motor Speedway where the Nascar races are but ended up in Abington, VA.-LOL! So, we had to get on the interstate and travel back to Tennessee and ended up dropping it off to her and sat down talking and finally came back home. This was supposed to be a simple little trip-LOL! Oh well, we got to see some nice beautiful parts of Virginia.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Assistant Moderator

Gas jumped from $2.02 to $2.27 today. I feel terrible since I was too tired to fill up yesterday.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:10 PM

Good evening all!

Frugal today was eating the end of the loaf of sour dough bread I bought for my nephew for breakfast. Lunch was even more frugal as the boss paid for it.

This evening is not turning out too bad either. At the market I had picked up a bag of frozen pasta (2 servings to a bag), originally $5.99, on sale for $3.99 and I had a $2.00 coupon making it $1.99 or $1.00 per serving for grilled chicken and portabella mushroom alfredo. This is a new product. It is delicious, but not worth $5.99 for 2 servings.

Tomorrow will not be frugal. I have to go to my sweepstaking meeting and pay for lunch for both myself and my nephew.

Barbzy - great job on those tan jeans. You can always dye a pair or two if you want. And sweatpants too - I have a couple pair I use as pj bottoms in the winter - much warmer than pjs.

I found jeans shorts at the end of last summer at Sam's club, and they were marked down to $3 each. I now have 10 pair. I really don't care though.

And I had found some sweat pants at www.bargainoutfitters.com for $4.99 each. They have logos on the side - "Army", "Navy" and "Air Force" - yes they are surplus. The legs were really long, so I hemmed them, and they are great for just lounging around here on the weekends.

Well ladies, better go for now. I need sleep, and lots of it tonight.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread