Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:33 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb,
I would call the store up and ask to speak to a manager! They may just ask you to bring in the receipt instead of the yukky milk! Or if you paid with your bank card they will just refund over the phone. If that fails then I would wait until tommorow and take in the yukky stuff. I dont blame you for being upset!
How much are the eggs you get at Sams? I got 2 18 pks for 2.00 at Costco!
Have to add to my rant in my last post, this is the same girl that when Josh was getting his shots at 4 months she called after our appoinment, called herself a twit again and informed us she forget to give him one of the doses and we would have to come back in the next day. I think this girl is in the wrong profession!!
Barb,
Are all the kiddos sick now? I told the other parents about Joshs eye but no one offered to keep their child home, it was probaly already contagious anyway before I realized what it was! Just being extra careful about the baby touching the same stuff as everyone else and each other! Washing washing washing hands!
I do that anyway but even more so the last couple of days.
Leighann
Old 03-17-2005, 06:00 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning!
Lee, sorry you had such an awful experience. Thank goodness it wasn't something more serious. I would definitely look for someone else. You don't deserve that kind of service for sure. Wish I had some good advice to give you, but that's all I can think of.
Barbszy, eew! Yuck on the sour milk! Do you think if you called and emailed they would give you some freebies or a gift certificate or something? Maybe it could turn out to be a good thing?
Norma, thanks for the info. on rebates. I've never actually done it before. It sounds interesting.
Well, today I am doing a lot of cleaning and straightening around the house, so I won't be spending money anywhere. I am going to make some cookies later and make either scones or muffins for breakfast and make extra for the freezer. After that, I am going to get a big glass of iced tea, a good book and chill out. Well, take care and enjoy the day- it's almost Friday!
Old 03-17-2005, 06:12 AM

Leighann

I had a similar situation a few years ago, very long story but I ended up sending my doctor a copy of the following:

We Believe

A CUSTOMER….

is the most important person in any business

A CUSTOMER….

is not dependent on us – we are dependent on him.

A CUSTOMER….

is not an interruption of our work – he is the purpose of it.

A CUSTOMER….

does us a favor when he calls – we are not doing him
a favor by serving him.

A CUSTOMER….

is not a cold statistic – he is a flesh and bloom human being
with feelings and emotions like our own.

A CUSTOMER….

is not someone to argue or match wits with.

A CUSTOMER….

is a person who brings us his wants – it is our job to
fill those wants.

A CUSTOMER….

is deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment
we can give him.

A CUSTOMER….

is the fellow that makes it possible to pay your salary
whether you are a truck driver, plant employee, office employee,
Salesman or manager.

A CUSTOMER…

is the lifeblood of this and every other business.

After which I fired him and switched to another doctor.

Anna
Old 03-17-2005, 06:28 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna,
I love it! I really think I will be changing doctors, however I will take Josh for his 15th month and Evan for his 4 yrold checkup. The only reason is that our insurance will be invalid come this May, so either if dh gets a job soon or I get them on healthykids I will find a new one. I am just afraid it would be a mess with paperwork if I changed this late in the game as much as that burns me up!

I have to laugh dh went to the store this morning for milk (I swear that stuff goes fast around here) anyway he found a perfectly good stamp in the parking lot, he had emailed a company and decided before this to send a hardcopy of his resume as well. Anyway he said maybe its a sign to use that stamp! Were reaching for anything at this point. I didnt think it would be this hard for him to even get a interview. Its unfortunate that he doesnt have a college degree but I would think expierence would account for something! One way or another my kids will attend college! You just cant afford not to anymore.
Leighann
Old 03-17-2005, 06:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma--
I can't thank you enough for the info on rebates. I am going to hang onto a copy of your post, as you suggested. I think once I get going with it, it will be easier. Walgreens has some great rebates that I may get started with--they have items that are free after rebate every month. I think I will start a chart so that I remember what I have sent out and on what date. That may help keep me organized. Thank you again--I need all of the help I can get!
Old 03-17-2005, 06:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

What Anna said all the way. I think it was so rude the way she talked to you. I had a person in my sons old dentist office (before we had insurance) tell me that instead of making payments I needed to beg borrow or steal the money to pay them. We never went back there and I got a letter from the dentist in apology, but since he wasn't willing to get rid of the rude person I never took the kids back there. Even after we got insurance.

Barb, gosh how awful. Call the store. If that doesn't work call corp. headquarters.

Nothing going on here. JUst staying home. I have to go to town tomorrow. Mom has a Dr. Appointment. And then we are going to pick up the cake. Then when DH gets home from school we will go finish up shopping for DD birthday. So it will not be a frugal day tomorrow.
Today is DS last day of school. He was so mad when he found out that his sister gets two more days of spring break then he does. He got over it though. The scamp.

I am going to scrub the house today. Get it ready for the party. One of DS friends told me the other day that my house was so clean. Not according to DH .

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:17 AM

JJOJ

Great job on spending less than a $100 for 2 weeks worth of groceries! I love Aldi’s too, just wish they’d stop selling so much junk (tv’s, chairs, etc.) and more food and wouldn’t it be wonderful if they could get a pharmacy with low cost meds?

VickiLynn

Glad everything worked out with Ethan. My sister’s little boy is 4 I mentioned before he had glacoma in both eyes. Anyways, he wouldn’t let the eye doctor near his eyes that’s why they had to put him to sleep.

RobertaD

Good job on your frugalness, especially rolling cigarettes wish my dh would go for that but as a smoker myself, I know how hard it is to switch brands.

My frugalness today:

Virginia Slims has a catalog where you save your UPC’s and turn them in for stuff. It’s rediculous the amount of cigarettes you have to buy to get something. Anyways for 2 years I’ve been saving my UPC’s, finally got 200 UPC’s and mailed off for a free carton of cigarettes, which around here are about $28.00

Leighann

We were talking the other day about Pepsi sales. I noticed in my Giant Eagle flyer we got yesterday that it goes on sale today for $1.99 a 12 pack. Will definitely be stocking up on that.

Redcardinal

Thanks for the tip on Meijers, will check it out. They send me their Super Saturday specials by email, I probably deleted it without looking at the ad. Since my time on the internet has been curtailed I usually only check the important stuff like FC.
Sounds like it paid off waiting to get that price adjusted on your bill.

Barbzy

I would take the nasty milk back to Walmarts… $6.00 is a lot of money to just let go. I would also email their headquarters. Make sure you save the UPC numbers.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Lee, I would call the doctor AND write him a letter. Include everything you told us, and print out that customer service essay that Anna shared.
Don't let the doctor know that you're over a barrel with insurance right now. Make it sound like you will switch doctors over it. My DH and I have done this a few times now with our own doctors....sometimes I wish our kids' pediatricians were a family practice instead of peds! They are wonderful! But we finally found an internal medicine practice that we are happy with.

I called Walmart and asked for the manager. I explained to him about the icky milk (with a SELL BY date of March 24!!!) He told me to dump the milk, rinse the jugs and bring the 2 empties in with my receipt and he will give me a refund. He asked when I could come in so he could alert the courtesy desk and I said I would be in tomorrow.
I think that is a fair way for him to handle it.
I'll never buy milk there again, though.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Since a lot of you were talking about making things out of the "eye lash" yarn and other similar yarns I thought you might be interested in this:

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announces the following recall in voluntary cooperation with the firm below. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Bernat "Fur Out" yarn

Units: About 730,000 1.75-ounce balls of yarn

Manufacturer/Importer: Spin Rite LP of Ontario, Canada

Hazard: "Fur Out" yarn is flammable when used as the sole yarn in a garment. Garments constructed of "Fur Out" yarn are dangerously flammable when exposed to a flame, posing a burn risk to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: Bernat has received two reports of garments made of the recalled yarn burning, with one person receiving singed eyebrows.

Description: All 17 Bernat "Fur Out" yarn colors are involved in this recall. The recalled yarn can be identified by UPC numbers beginning with "05735527" and ending with one of the following numbers:

1319 1326 1333 1340 1357 1364 1371 1388 1395 1401 1685 2583 2590 2606 2613 2620 2637

Sold by: Yarn and craft stores nationwide and in Canada since April 2004 for between $4 and $6 per ball.

Manufactured in: Turkey.
Iris
Old 03-17-2005, 09:21 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

I think I'm going to look into this rebate thing again--I usually just use the occassional one I get with something I usually buy anyway. But getting free stuff is so much fun!!

We do a lot of shopping at GFS--I always buy the huge bag of pepperoni for pizzas and pepperoni chips. I also make "pizza dunkers" for the kids to take to school(pizza dough with mozzarella and pepperoni mixed in, made in the bread machine, then made like drop biscuits. Served with pizza sauce for dunking!) I buy all my salad stuff there, too. And the huge cans of crushed tomatoes for making my own pizza sauce and marinara. It's a lot to spend at one time, but it's all industrial-sized items so they last forever lol!!

Lee, I agree with Barbzy--write and call the doctor. Your kid shouldn't have to suffer because his assistant is a self-proclaimed twit!! Just let him know you are ready to change doctors, and maybe point out that should an incident such as this reoccur, you can speak to a lawyer as well. I'm sure you'll have a case if the idiot that works for him is forgetting to call prescriptions in--I'm sure you're not the only one it's happened to!!

Umm--I forgot who asked about the blueberry bushes. I have several--they are easy to grow and maintain. If you spend a few dollars extra, you can buy thornless bushes--way easier on the kids lol!! I have to laugh every summer--kids are constantly sneaking into my yard to get the berries I grow, you should see them bolt when I come out the door!! We know most of them, and they know we don't mind. I just tell them to knock on the door and let me know they're picking berries so I don't wind up calling the cops on "intruders." I have a few "feel-good" moments due to my garden--there is an elderly lady a few blocks away that would sneak into my garden(behind the garage) with her grandson and pick veggies and berries and grapes. Never cleaned us out, but I keep a watchful eye on my goodies and knew someone was taking them. Turns out she is pretty much dirt-poor and had resorted to stealing food to feed herself and her grandson. I felt awful for her, so when I finally "caught "them I told her she could come anytime, even during daylight, and pick veggies. I told her teaching her grandson to steal was not a good idea at all, and we have an overabundance of veggies, anyway. Lol--she makes me batches of the BEST stuffed grape leaves you could hope for. I'm so glad I could help her out without embarrassing her. I found out she had snagged a few of my catfish, too, but that was okay since I didn't expect them to breed--they're in barrels for Christ's sake lol!! They would have died before I could get them in the freezer, anyway.

Back on topic--frugal this week: walking ds1 to school because I have no gas in my car, plus it's been nice and I need the excercise. Using the bits of leftovers to put together lunches for dh to take to work, as well as freezing sandwiches for the kids' lunches so I'm not tempted to spend $2 on hot lunch because I'm too lazy to make a box lunch. Tossed both boys into the tub together to try to cut back on the water bill--they had a ball. And am doing another pantry challenge--seems dh hasn't paid the gas bill for a few months and it's scheduled to be shut off unless he pays it tonight. It's high enough to take his whole check. Then I got the electric bill, also not paid in forever, which will take next week's check. I cannot wait for the day when I can stock my pantry and keep it stocked. These "emergencies" are coming to close together these days!!

Closed Thread