Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:27 AM

JJOJ

You are welcome on the coffee recipe. Dh is totally addicted to it now, he had several cups yesterday and was on a major sugar high. Unfortunately with my diabetes I have to limit my intake. Each cup has 22 grams of sugar not counting the whipped topping. I find I can have that kind of thing as long as Iím active doing something like walking, shopping, etc. sure wish they had it in sugar free.

Futureteacher

I love AldiísÖ we shop there every week picking up regular staples like coffee cream and dog biscuits. They have great prices on their garbage bags too. I always buy those black industrial type, they hold up well and are good priced. I also buy my Salmon Steaks there, Iíve bought them other places but they werenít nearly as good or cheap. We finally bought our pork chops from there this weekend.. center cup chops 6 in a pkg. For $2.99. They also had a new product Corn Bread Stuffing mix 69 cents a box so we made it together in the oven, YUM! Dh made it and he added 2 eggs to 2 boxes, we really didnít need 2 boxes but anyways, it was great. That meal totaled was $4.37 plus we had a salad. The chops were small but well worth the price.

Anna
Old 03-14-2005, 07:04 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Leighann, don't you love when someone gives a free bag of clothing for the kids? I have two sources for youngest DD. She is probably one of the best least expensively dressed kid in her preschool. It is clothing that I would never buy myself. But, the one source the girl is one year older than my DD, and her Mom is a lawyer, and is always expensively dressed. And the other is my niece who is two years older than my DD, and her grandparents on the other side like to lavish her with expensive clothing. The best part is all three of them are built the same, tall and skinny!!
Old 03-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Good Morning,
It's been awhile since I have posted, but have been reading all the posts and enjoying everyones ambition to clean / reorganise.

Idyroper: Is your new property located in MT or ND ? If it is in MT you could ask the electrical co. if they would install a special meter for the furnace, ( our electrical co. give a special rate during Oct- April ) Forced electric furnace is what we also have, and we are very comfortable this winter here. Have had lows @ -46 this winter, and our electric bill high was $165, so we are happy with that, as our home is a bit over 50 yrs old.

A recipe I found recently is what I am trying for our dinner today. Using the crock pot , homemade ring sausage / sauer kraut, potatoes ( chunked) and carrots with a chicken broth over all and caraway seed.

Have a large order of hybrid veggie seeds coming soon, my brother is a gardener in SD and he supplies me with all the seeds I need. Also a lot of the seeds are early producers, so may have better luck with my garden this yr. Also have 50 strawberry plants ordered and 30 rasberry shoots too. We will till up a lot more area for our garden this spring.

Soon baby calves will be born and also a new foal , so will have plenty of babies around here.

Have a great day everyone.
Joy
Old 03-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

chuckle anti-bread

Quote:
Originally posted by redcardinalbird
Tried to make a variation of the hot pocket for DS lunch. I had pepperoni and cheese so I put it on the bread and put in the sandwich maker. DS took it apart at school and ate the innards and left the bread. He has not been eating a lot of bread lately so sometimes I just send lunchmeat with him. Saves throwing the bread away.
I think all kids go through that stage. My step son does the same thing. He is 9. We started just sending sandwich rolls with no bread. I spread fat free cream cheese mixed with garlic on a piece of ham, slice of cheese and roll. The cream cheese keeps them together and also a little added flavor. I also pack a small glad ware bowl of cut up fruit which he devours, chips and a cookie.

TX Chef Fran
Old 03-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Pinkie Winky another frugal weekend.

My friend invited me to a MOPS sale in an ajoining city to us. I racked it in. I got 4 books (two of them being interactive with the shapes and buttons), 4 outfits for summer, a small winnie pooh see n say, soft cloth block books (1 with colors, 1 wih numbers, 1 with ABC, and 1 w/ shapes) and then a bag of those see thru blocks with different textures, sounds, etc. All of that for only $19.

Then I went to a local consignment show (Kid to Kid) and got 5 more outfits for only $20. All were even name brand and looked brand new!! Yeah finally more colors to add to my daughters closet besides pink!!!

Had easter pictures made with easter bunny and since I used to work that set (before she was born for about 4 years for easter and xmas) my old boss gave me my pictures free!! yeah!! I got a 5x7 and 2, 3x5s for free! would have cost me about $25 plus it all on a disc to print more.

I did go to Sears to get her real Easter pics but spent about a hundred there but they were on sale about $2 a sheet! I got a bunch of sheets plus a couple of enhancements. The ones with black n white but the eggs in basket and my DD's pink dress will be in color.

Here is one of them!!
Attached Images

TX Chef Fran
Old 03-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

TXChefFran--
What an adorable picture of your daughter! She is such a cutie!
Old 03-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally posted by futureteacher
TXChefFran--
What an adorable picture of your daughter! She is such a cutie!
THANKS!! She is such a ham for the camera!

TX Chef Fran
Old 03-14-2005, 08:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I'm doing a "freezer/pantry" challenge for the next 2 weeks. So I went to 2 stores this morning to get the "deals" and the produce we'll need for this week....spent $80 total including 10 pounds potatoes, 6 pounds onions, 2 quarts strawberries, 8 pounds apples, 1 bag salad, 3 pounds bell peppers, and got FREE 8 excedrin and 8 deodorant! I told DH, I hope you like this deodorant...he said, if it's free, I like it I also got my almost-free Easter ham. I buy the butt half so I have to pay 20 cents a pound for the ham; if I had picked the shank half it would have been free. But the butts have more meat and are easier to carve. My total coupon & sales savings was $120

DH is home today sleeping off the jet lag. We took advantage of that to bring my car to the mechanic. The other day the little climate control knob came off entirely--stuck at FULL BLAST. Well, I worked around it for the rest of the week, just adjusting temperatures and what vents it came out of. Then yesterday DH decided to fiddle with it and got it turned OFF. Now, no heat. It's winter. That does not work for me!!! We thought about taking it to the dealer but they are so pricey. So we went to this mechanic that friends recommended to us. They have fixed something for $20 before when the dealer wanted hundreds. I hope that's the case today too!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

OOOOPS, almost forgot!

Lee, why not move to my block? You can join in the little clothing round-robin we've got going with my 2 neighbors. Evan would just fit in between the boy next door, age 8, and Luke, and then Josh would be next in line! My 2 big kids don't benefit from this deal we've got going, but between his big brother and the boy next door Luke is pretty much set for play clothes for quite a while!

Fran, your DD just gets cuter & cuter.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Re: OOOOPS, almost forgot!

Quote:
Originally posted by barbszy

Fran, your DD just gets cuter & cuter.
Thanks. If only she would grow some hair.

TX Chef Fran

Closed Thread