Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

jjoj, I did the same as you yesterday--I cleaned out a whole pile of catalogs out of my magazine rack. The only ones I left in there are "once a year" things like the Boy Scout uniform catalog and the giant JC Penney book. I get so many catalogs that I just stuff in there and don't even look at, and others that I do look at and get tempted
The good thing there was that I have this binder I keep at my desk with the school calendar and a whole mess of other papers in it. It's big and gets in the way. Now there's room for it in the magazine rack. Every week when the school envelope of papers comes home I update it.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I know what you mean Barbszy. I think they make the covers as tempting as they possibly can so that you'll open them!
Old 02-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Nine Year Member

gift cards

<<I found out that we have a Build a BEar at our mall now so I am going to get DD that for Christmas this year. I am going to put money on a girt card for her. If I put a little on it at a time we should have more then enough on it when Christmas rolls around again.>>

I just want to caution you to find out what their gift card balance policy is as some companies charge you a monthly fee after so much time has gone by. I'd hate for you to make monthly payments on the card only to find out in December that you have been charged monthly fees along the way.

Roberta
Old 02-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

joy thoes are great dishes. i love the colors.

emmmaalee- that is so sweet you have great kids.

jjoj- im learning as i go too. lol. my dh family is from ky. tomphkinville ky.

anna...funny you should say something about my pig...i came back from my moms house today, and suddenly realzied i had an extra dog. my piggy got out and was waiting on my driveway when i got back. ive been wondering if she would run away if she got loose, but she was here. and must have been out for a while..theres footprints all over the place. but shes not hurt, and neither are my bigger dogs. so thats good too.

i turned chey out with the boys today for a few hours. they are getting along better. tommrow i have to run more fence and things, but i htink in a couple days, it will all be ok...im getting so ready to move out there...and nothing is ready.sigh. soon i keep hopeing. i keep my fingers crossed.

hope you all have a good day.

ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 02-15-2005, 04:15 PM

Good evening all!!

I am so glad that everyone had a nice Valentine's Day.

Mine was nice in terms of what I got, and from whom, but I only had my nephew as company.

My nephew and his mother got me a mat (rubberized on the back) that the cat (no longer a kitten after his birthday yesterday) claimed the minute I put it on the floor; and a ktichen timer. Why?? Who knows. But it is so "my sister".

My boyfriend could not get out of teaching, and then to boot, he has the flu, so it was perfectly alright for me not to be too close. He refuses to give up and just go lay down, so there was no chance to baby him either. But I got an emerald pendant, small, just the right size for me, 13 red roses (they mis-counted again, only this time in my favor!!), and a box of chocolates.

I had made a steak dinner for the two of us on Sunday, and it is just about impossible to get reservations anywhere around here, so that was ok.

Speaking of the flu, nearly everyone that I know has had it, or has it now, but me. It must be that flu shot.

It was rainy yesterday, beautiful and a little warmer today, and should rain tomorrow and maybe even snow again on Thursday. There is no consistency to this weather this winter.

Well ladies, better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 02-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hey everybody, just checking in and subscribing... it was a very busy weekend, and not frugal outright, but we only spent money when we had to. Last night DH and I did go out to dinner by ourselves at a steak/chicken/seafood place that's been in business for years and gets good reviews. DH's chicken was good and the salad and soup bar was excellent (they made their French onion soup with broth they cooked, not canned or powdered broth... yum), but my steak was a little underdone for me. I went on and ate half of it and fortunately was full from the salad bar, so I brought the rest of the steak home for a nice treat for my dog.

Today I made cornbread, popcorn, and oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies for snacks instead of running to the store and buying junk.

BTW, for anybody who's interested in the Cold Water Tide, it seems to work well. I don't know that it's any better than Tide, but since I got it for free I'm not complaining!

There's also a cleaner called Greased Lightning... it's a multi-purpose spray cleaner. I decided to try it out because it was on sale and one of my cats keeps having #2 accidents on the carpets. This Greased Lightning stuff has worked really well so far... gets up the smell and the stain out of the carpet, it cleaned up the grease on the stove, and it even brightened up the tile on the kitchen floor. It's worth a try for $2.99 a bottle.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Norma, I'm glad you haven't gotten the flu. Yuck.
Ericka, that's good that your horses are doing better. When do you officially move? That will be exciting. I have heard of Thompkinsville. I'm not sure where it is though. Ky is a beautiful state. We ended up being here compliments of the military. When dh got out, we loved it and decided to stay. Well, actually, I guess he's still in the Army officially until 2017. He is in the IRR (individual ready reserve). It's complicated, but they don't get called too often unless you have a specialty. Hopefully not anyway. Well ladies, take care and have a relaxing evening!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:43 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

So nice to hear that everyone seemed to have had a very nice valentines day! Mine was just another day. DH, was worried last week about getting me something for Valentines day. I told him not to worry about it, I think he did though. Than when we saw a littl tent with roses that said only $19.99. I told him I would kick him in the butt, if he spent that much on something that would die soon. That he should wait until we are older and better off. I think than he felt better!!!

Lee, no unfortunately, the kids were with when we got the bikes. I wish I could save them as Easter presents. But, that would not be fair to DD#2, as the bike she did have got ruined by DS and his friends. So, actually she was "owed" a bike, just not from DH, and myself. So, as a gift would have been a little unfair to her.

Frugal for today, was going to CVS and getting 4 boxes of tissues, 4 tubes of toothpaste, 4 toothbrushes, 1 can air freshner, 1 bag snickers, a tube of blistex ointment, and blistex lip balm (DD, and I both have realy chapped lips) all for $15.99. I would have saved another $2.99, if I had noticed that I got one of the wrong tootbrushes. They were BOGO, and I accidently got one of the wrong brands. Than if I would have noticed that I had to buy a certain type of toothbrush I would have been able to save another $1 with a coupon. I need to slow down a little at the store.

I was upset, as the storage bins I wanted were on sale for $19.99. But, they were sold out!!! And it was a once and done deal. I ended up breaking down, and ordering them offline! Which is what I should have just done in the first place rather than going to three different stores looking for them. And yet to top it off, taking DH along to each of those stores!! He just spends on junk!!!

Oh, I also had to take oldest DD to get material for school for sewing class. (which btw she is a really good sewer!, definetly not from me!) And I decided to go to a different store. It was a unique little Mennonite store, they had a lot of different items. I got a ten pack of birthday cards for 99 cents, which is better than pay 2/$1 for everyone on my side of the family. Also, the DD's #3 and 4 got a 25 cent token. Every time they go along to that store they will get a token like that. They will be able to save them up, and buy something with the tokens. I thought that was neat!

I am starting to think that I have a sinus infection. I had a bad cold last week. It started on Monday, and I still am all stuffy, and can't stop blowing my nose. It would not surprise me if it is an infection, as I know three other people in my area that had sinus infections.

Have a good evening everyone!
Old 02-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Went to my brothers house to celebrate his bday and came back with a comforter, 2 sets of sheets (pillowcases too), clock and night light all with disney princesses. dd2 was thrilled. They are redoing my neices room and handed all her "old" stuff to us. Don't know what clicked in my sil's head - never have gotten hand me downs before...I'm grateful all the while though.

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 02-16-2005, 02:36 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by OSI
Boggz

Have fun at the circus... it's a beautiful sunshiny day here in Ohio today hope it is in your neck of the woods too. Yesterday rain, today sunshine, tommorow snow... what strange weather.

Anna

Anna we've had the same weather as you the last couple days today it is raining again and gettting colder.

The circus was great it cost me 12$ to get in but it was worth it dd had so much fun she got her picture taken with sponge bob there wasnt alot of animals but the people were sooo funny we laughed the entire time would go again we had a great time.

NOthing frugal today just staying home and babysetting this is my last day this week so ill get to run arrends tomorrow have a great day everyone.

Closed Thread