Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:36 AM

Speaking of gas prices, I was almost on empty coming home last night.. gas in Hilliard was 1.96 a gallon so I figured it would be the same at home, NOT! It was 2.15 a gallon I only put $20.00 in it which is what we normally pay when prices are down. I wouldn't have put that much but we were supposed to get 2-3 inches of snow last night and I didnt' want to have to fill up in the snow.

Frugal today: dh is still working OT, working tommorow too. On my way to work this morning I will stop at the bank and deposit one of my candle checks and pick up our weekly allowance money, saving a extra trip to the bank this weekend. On my way home I will stop at the Aldi's and get some of my groceries again saving gas.

We are going to a car show tommorow afternoon or Sunday? we got free tickets from our car dealership we will have to pay to park but free entertainment. We will be drooling over the new cars and I hope to get a closer inside look at a Hummer. They are "big" here in town. I think they are the ugliest things I ever saw so I want to see what the inside looks like.

Well off to get ready... talk with you all again soon.

Anna
Old 03-11-2005, 04:10 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Question about the class

I have a degree, a B.A.-(you'd be surprised how many people with degrees are working as telemarketers or at McDonalds in this area since job-wise their isn't much else-either Medical or Factories), and the classes are at the high school and are separate from the University and college credits. I was trying to figure out if I can do this, and so far it looks like I can. I forgot to call about how much the book'll cost. So, this way I will have a career because telemarketing isn't a career and though it'll seem like I wasted all those years at school, boy does it seem like that, if I want to stay in this area and I do, I will have to adjust. There are more clinics here than you would believe because of the university and we're also trying to get a dental college here too. And in the paper they are always looking for a medical coder. I think maybe I will do the coding first and if I decided later I can always go into the transcriptionist part of it. This would be a career where there is always a need in an area that is Medical and I wouldn't have to worry from week to week about hitting quota to get paid above $8 an hour!!! This week so far I'm at $14 and $15 for last week, so I'll take what's left when they deduct taxes-(and boy do they love to do that)-and me and dd's insurance and pay for the classes and the book and register her for the drop off center. The guesstimation on the cost of the childcare for 2 months 2 wks is about $240. So, by June 9th I should be ready for a new job. I was told that people come up to the high school looking for people to hire.

One problem is that I have severe carpal tunnel and I have braces on 24 hrs a day and can be barely without them for more than a few minutes, so I have an appt. to see about surgery. I type at work and at home and would probably need both done which may mean taking off from work for a short time but hopefully I can get it done before June!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 06:07 AM
Assistant Moderator

Does anyone know how to scramble eggs, dozens, in a Nesco roaster? Also you heat up frozen sausage patties in a roaster?

We are planning on at least 70 people for Easter breakfast at church. We are serving scrambled eggs, sausage patties, panncakes, juice, water, coffee. I think I will make a pot of hot tea too. I figured at least 14 dozen eggs for the scrambled eggs. Twenty frozen juice ....... Ten packages of sausage patties, 18 count per package..... We need to buy on the high side since we have invited the Wed night kids and thier families too.... A lot of those families don't attend church but with the kids being in a program they might. I saw one mom smiling away when her child pleaded to attend church on Easter Sunday. I am very excited.

Gas here is very expensive too... Don't know what I will do... Pray for warm weather and a solar heater for the pool so dd can do her water PT at home. We don't drive anywhere for fun..... either water PT, doctor appts, or church.

Frugal will be working on a pancake recipe today.....I am looking for one with oatmeal and whole wheat flour, and staying home.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:17 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everyone!
Oh, wow, 3.00 a gallon? I hope that doesn't happen. Is there a reason for the sudden jump in gas prices lately? There is supposed to be a site that tells you the cheapest prices for your area, but I can't remember the name.
Anna, I love your shop idea. It makes it fun to save when you have something to look forward to. I wish you all the best!
Leasmom, good wishes for you on the medical coding. I can't blame you for wanting to get out of telemarketing. I don't really enjoy talking on the phone anyway, so I can't even imagine having to do that!
Frugal yesterday was that the soup turned out great and we have enough for another meal today. I am going to make an apple pie to go with it. I have the ingredients in the freezer, so just need to make the crust. Well, take care and Happy Friday!
Old 03-11-2005, 07:04 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Not sure how much gas is here right this moment, I know last Saturday we paid 1.94 however we still had a gas card we got for christmas!
Tonight I am babysitting for 3 kids, the couple has an almost 2 yr old and 2 weeks ago took in 2 nieces they were living in a terrible enviroment. One is 3 the other is 11, I now have the 3 yr old full time. Anyway they have a work function to attend this evening, the dad gave me an xtra 20 to order a pizza for all of us, with the coupon I have there will be more than enough for all 7 of us! I told him he didnt have to but they are so apprectiave that I took on the little girl. She is sweet but does have some issues. I am charging 13.00 an hr so will walk away with at least 40! Dh and I decided to treat Evan today so him and daddy are going to see the Robot movie that opened up today. Matinee of course. I am sure he will love it. I also have gift certificates from Mcdonalds so they can even go to lunch if they want. I had a bad expierence there a few weeks back, didnt want to stop but we were far away from home and all hungry. Took Evan to the restroom which was gross, I told the manager in case they were unaware of the condtion. Then I placed the order to go (ate in car) they forgot an item, I went back in to get the manager said I did put it in and rolled her eyes at me. Needless to say she made me mad so I dialed 1-800-Mcdonalds when I got home the corporte office sent me 10.00 in gc and the actual Mcdonalds sent 4 cards for free value meals. I have never been mad enough to complain but she really ticked me off! Of course Evan will be eating bad food today he will be so excited! Fed him a good breakfast lol!
Anna,
Have fun at the car show I know dh wanted to go to the one last week but realized it was a waste of money since we are not in a market for a new car at this time. I have seen the inside of a hummer whatever is all I can say. They must pay 50.00 to fill up, I say the people that drive those have way to much money on their hands.
Karen,
Black, yikes teenagers!
Leighann
Old 03-11-2005, 07:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Our plans for the summer have change because of gas prices. Right now it is at 2.05 a gallon. But it is suppose to go up to 2.75. So we will not be going to the coast to look at all the light houses. ((((SIGH)))) We would have to take my van and it is not good on gas. And all the camping gear will not fit in the KIA. So we will maybe make a couple of weekend camping trips. That will not be to far away. Really hated to change our plans but there is no way we could afford those prices. It is going to be hard to keep gas in the car for DH to go to work and school.

Nothing frugal to report on. just the same things. Washing in cold water. I don't have a clothes line so I have to dry in the dryer, but the dryer is all but new and is a good energy saver. So I don't feel to bad about using it. That reminds me. I read somewhere that if you use dryer sheet in your dryer that you should wash your lint collector every month or so because the dryer sheets put a film on your collector so your dryer doesn't have to work so hard and will last longer. Just run the sollector under water and see if the water runs through or pools. Use warm water and mild soap to clean.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:38 AM

Good late morning everyone

Emmalee

Iíve never heard that about the dryer. I clean my filter after each use but just pull off all the lint and put it back in. Iíve had my dryer about 9 years and fingers crossed, it still works fine. I sure like those new ones they have out now with the washer and dryer on top.

Leasmom

I hope everything works out o.k. with your schooling.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on my store, thatí s at least 2 years down the road but you have to set goals or youíll never get anywhere in life I think. And having other crafters bringing in products takes some pressure off of me to keep my store full.

It is snowing heavy here this morning, it isnít sticking the grounds too warm but it is cold outside. I am anxious to get started on the weekend and family time.

Bluebird

Iíve never tried scrambled eggs in the Nesco but donít know why it wouldnít work? I would be sure even itís a non stick Nesco though to spray it with Pam and flip the eggs every now and then.

Leighann

Have fun with the kids tonight, sounds like fun.

Well off to read a book for now and call the mall to see how sales have been since Tuesday, probably not good as we have had such funky weather.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Frugal today: Staying home. Kids at school, dh gone, I have the place to myself! I might actually catch up on some magazines, after laundry, cleaning and the usual, of course.

Also need to replenish my master mixes: cookies and bisquick mainly.

Radio auction tomorrow morning--need to try to get some summer waterslide coupons, haircuts, movie passes etc.

Plan to take the kids to the ski hill for skiing and tubing this weekend. We have some coupons left to use up before the season is over and right now, we're right back into the dead of winter!

One more bball game tomorrow a.m. and then we have a lull (thank goodness) for awhile until soccer starts later in April. I'm craving Saturdays with nothing on the agenda!

Well--I guess I need to go and be somewhat productive....

Have a good one!

rivermom
Old 03-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good job, Lee, on the extra babysitting. Mmm, and pizza, too! That should be fun for a Friday evening.
Emmjean, I just read that too. Something about the dryer sheet creates a film and can affect the dryer's heating element. I washed ours right after I read it!
Bluebird, the Easter breakfast sounds like lots of fun. Is it going to be a sunrise breakfast? Maybe someone could make a batch of cinnamon rolls also? Those are easy to make a lot of the night before. Well, take care!
Old 03-11-2005, 08:24 AM
Assistant Moderator

I would be sure even itís a non stick Nesco though to spray it with Pam and flip the eggs every now and then.

Thanks... I thought it would be easier to scramble the eggs in the nesco then keeping the stove free to cook the pancakes.

Closed Thread