Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

For car insurance ( we have 2 cars and a truck and 4 drivers) I did a search online at Geico.com and Progressive.com both said Allstate would be the cheapest. However when I went to get it they did a credit check and our rates were higher than the quotes because of it. So we now have Geico and we can pay it monthly.
Iris
Old 03-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

mom 24 the horse was a birthday gift from my mom. what happend was joe fell last week and was off work for a week. we own our own business. but we have only 2 emplyees. him and our nephew. if hes not there. then it dont get done. we use a torch to cut metal up and scrap it. some weeks we get good work. then theres the weeks it rains, or the week he got hurt. so its kind of hit and miss. this was one of the weeks it was a miss. this is why i am looking for a regular job. i can still keep the books and records for our business. and make sure the regualr bills get paid. the other bad thing is metal went down in price this last week too, so what we used to get 100 for we only get 80 for now. it makes it harder too. i try to pay as much as i can with the child support i get, but it dont streach as far. our business is just starting so we are still learning how things work. when we got tax money back i paid up all the bills and also put 1000 on a newer trailer. but that dont help when the wether is so bad. we cant work in rain, wind or snow. just cant keep the torch lit.

have a good day.
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 03-10-2005, 03:30 AM

LadyIris23

Doesn't that make you mad about the credit checks. Seems like everything you do has to be approved by credit, from buying or renting a home, car and home insurance and of course life insurance and even getting a job. What your ability to pay has to do with car insurance is beyond me. I wonder what happens by law if you can't get car insurance because of bad credit? Seems like discrimination to me! and having worked in the credit reporting industry I know how sloppy their work can be in what goes on your report.

Joesbaby

Hope things start looking up for you soon, 2004 was a rough year for you.

I forgot to mention last weekend we finally took all our empty pop and beer cans to the recycle center... we hadn't taken them since Christmas. We got $18.00 back. Not much but it's money we used to throw in the trash can every week.

Spent last night making up candles for my friend to take to the bowling alley tonight. The girls look forward every week to her bringing in new candles, most weeks we do pretty well. She gets a free candle for every 5 she sells. This league bowls all through the school season. I'll be curious to see the reaction to the new one I got "Butt Naked" I wanted to put a baby on there on it's belly with no diaper but couldn't find one will keep looking though.

Well off to get ready for work, talk with all of you again soon.

leasmom
Sorry I couldn't give advice on your question but don't know much about the industry your wanting to go into or the job market for your area.

Anna
Old 03-10-2005, 04:53 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna,
Maybe if you talk privatly to your boss you can be allowed to access??? Just click off if you see anyone coming that might make a stink??? I was a receptionest at my company for a year, no internet access I used to read magazines but had to hide when I saw someone coming which was ok with my boss! There were times when the phone would ring off the hook (9 lines) but then there were hrs of boredom so I know how you must feel! The worst part is having to call someone so you can take a potty break!
Karen,
Sounds like you have the summer planned at least for home repairs, watch those teenagers painting. I had my then 16 yr old cousin that wanted to help me paint my room she liked A LOT of paint on her brush. lol
Joesbaby and Leasmom,
Good luck on your job searchs. Leasmom, since you already have college credits maybe it wont take that long if you do the medical transcribing? Who knows maybe you can even take majority of classes on the net so you wouldnt have to pay for child care?
Ladyiris,
At least you can pay your insurance monhly, sounds unfair as to what your credit report has to do with car insurance...
As for the bread and dh, the white bread he made was awesome but next time he has to cut it thinner. I told him since he is doing such a good job to try and make me wheat bread when I run out! Less to buy at the grocery store just will have to pick up lots of flour if he keeps this up and give myself self control because lets face it homemade bread and butter theres just nothing better, I can look at and probaly gain weight. lol
Lorimae,
Keep up the good work on excercising, it does feel good doesnt it. Worth the energy if gives me.
Have a good day all!
Leighann
Old 03-10-2005, 06:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello Everyone!

Anna - that's to bad they cut your internet time at work. Can you read when there's no work?

Joesbaby - your business sounds interesting. I'm sure there's a job out there for you. Making ends meet is always a challange.

I made a skirt and a blouse yesterday. They turned out so cute. I have one more blouse to sew up today.

My dh bought me a bicycle this last weekend. I've been riding with the kids to school, then I meet them after school. I can't wait to get on the scale this weekend! I'm down 167 pounds so far.

My dd is due in 6 more days! I can't wait. We're driving up on the evening of the 18th. It's a 13-14 hour drive so we'll get a room somewhere. Hopefully we'll get there before the baby comes.

My dh is off today. He's going to work on his backhoe. He had to drive to Aspen, Colorado Tuesday, which is a 6 hr drive each way (he got homeat 1:30am) so he's looking forward to a day off. Colorado is a ways to go for a service call, but they paid him well.

Well, it's time to ride with the kids to school.

Carol

Old 03-10-2005, 06:49 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Songberries, you're doing great!

We have had our auto and farm insurance with Hastings for the past 10 years - and never had a claim. So when I ordered our credit report, I was surprised to see they had recently checked our credit! I guess that's just the way it's done, now.

I just downloaded the Foxfire Browser. It's great! Thanks, Barb.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My "mission" today is to organize the fridge-top freezer better. I rummaged around in there a bit just now and found several things that had been "hiding" in it. I am making a list of ideas to use these items in upcoming meals. I'm going to try not to do any "stock-up" buying for the next couple of weeks, just eat from our freezer & pantry as much as possible and only get the perishables.
I think it would be a good idea for me to rescue some plastic baskets from somewhere else in the house and use them to hold "like items" in the freezer, like all vegetables together. This way I'll know where it all is.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:53 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everyone!
Carol, your skirt and blouses sound cute. What colors did you make them in?
Anna, my dh works for a big company that does that sometimes also. Such a pain. Hopefully, it will resolve itself soon.
Ericka, even though things are tight, it sounds like you are doing a really good job being organised and managing your money. I think everyone goes through times like that, so don't get discouraged, I'm sure it will get better.
Lee, that's great that your husband is becoming frugal!
Frugal today is using up bits and pieces of leftover frozen veggies and cubed chicken to make some soup. It seemed like a good day for it. I added some wild rice also, so I hope it will turn out well. Take care and stay warm!
Old 03-10-2005, 06:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow, how quickly the money can go some months! Just got done paying some bills--car payment, gas and electric, garbage pickup, etc, (the ones you can't do without!!), and there's almost nothing left! Where does it all go??? Guess I know WHERE it goes, just wish it didn't go there! Grrrrr..... Guess I should just be glad I've been able to cut back elsewhere!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Chris isn't just so true. I wish it didn't go to the places that it goes to too. But I must say it feels nice to say that all the bills are paid for the month. It is the extra things you have to pay for that rally gets to me. Like we have to have the car serviced, 95.00 this time. Not something I expected, but something that has to be done. Just 95.00 that I hadn't planned on. Since DH just let me know about it. But it does get better. I think.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Closed Thread