Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Melly--
Very impressive deals there!
Old 03-07-2005, 01:40 PM

melly

Wow! Good job on the grocery savings! That is great.

Price Matching:

Don't forget ladies, if your stores do price matching take those flyers with you and try to skip a store and save both money and gasoline!

I've done this the past 2 weekends at Walmarts.

Anna
Old 03-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

OMG I just noticed something, I bought Tide with Downey and regular Tide for $3.99 each. I thought what a great deal, but the Tide with Downey had 19 uses and the reguler Tide has 32 uses. The manufactures sure are tricky. So my great deal on detergant is not such a great deal.

Melly
Old 03-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I bought the Tide with downey thinking at least I won't have to buy fabric softner. Wrong. Our clothes were filled with static cling.
They smelled great but, Anyway I called Tide and complained about it and they sent me a coupon good for any 200 oz. bottle of Tide plus a coupon for a bottle of Downey.
Iris
Old 03-07-2005, 04:43 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Geez, sorry I meant to say congrads to Mrs. Maniac for getting to a twelve! Doesnt it feel great!
Melly good job on the grocery shopping, sorry about the Tide confusion....
Ladyiris, I guess sometimes it pays to give the company a call!
Barb,
I sure hope I can hang out my laundry soon. It rained here today but it was fairly warm!
Gosh after my household of kids today I feel like crashing on the couch and not moving, but I gotta do it all again tommorow so better get used to it. lol My kids love having a houseful, they should sleep well tonight too!
Nothing much frugal today, but didnt spend any money so thats a good thing.
Leighann
Old 03-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Howdy gals! I have been away for about a week and I have a BUNCH of posts to catch up on, but I wanted to share what I did frugal yesterday because I'm really excited about it.

Emmjean posted a while back about making meat pies. I've been wanting to make "hot pockets" for some time, but just hadn't gotten around to trying it yet. After her post I decided to get off my butt and just do it. She and I talked a little so she gave me some ideas, and on Sunday I just did it.

I bought a package of frozen bread dough, 5 1-lb. loaves for 2.89. (Emmjean uses a bread machine, which I don't have.) I got a 1-lb. package of lunchmeat ham and one of turkey- both of which had to be sold by tomorrow, so I got each package for 99 cents. I already had grated cheese, which I'd paid 3.99 for... I think it was 3 lbs. And a can of cream of chicken soup, which I already had, and was 79 cents.

I thawed the bread dough and divided each loaf into 8 portions. Topped half with chopped ham or turkey, some cheese, and a teaspoon or so of the undiluted soup so the filling wouldn't be dry. Topped those four pieces with the other pieces of dough, pressed the edges together and sealed with a little water, then baked on a sprayed cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 350. Oh, and brushed a little melted butter on top before I baked them. They turned out just DELICIOUS- DS/7 ate two of them right out of the oven.

In the end, I got 20 "hot pockets" for less than half of what I would have paid if I'd bought the name-brand frozen ones... and I know what's in them and what's going into my kids' tummies!

This was a lot of fun to do, the kids loved them, and the monetary savings is a real bonus!!
Old 03-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Nine Year Member

The light switch in our bedroom went bad and DH was able to replace it from the training he got from his daddy as a kid.

Roberta
Old 03-08-2005, 05:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I started some cold water laundry last night before bed and finished that up before work this morning. I have some coupons to use today at the Hallmark store for some gift items for some upcoming birthdays, so that should be somewhat frugal (even if Hallmark is awfully pricey, I still love their stuff!)
I think I may have saved my favorite sweatshirt from bleach stains. I wore it when I was cleaning ( I knew better, but did it anyway), and got some scouring powder on it and it got some bleach spots. Anyway, the sweathshirt is navy blue, so I used a dark blue marker and "stained" those spots on purpose--after washing, it's close enough in color that I don't think anyone will notice!
Old 03-08-2005, 06:09 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everyone! Okay, I am inspired. I am going to make some hot pockets today. I think I will try making pizza ones since I have the ingredients for that. Has anyone ever heard of Runzas? They are kind of like a hot pocket only the filling is cooked hamburger, onion, cabbage, and American cheese for the filling.-Really good if you like cabbage. Just brown the hamburger and onion, drain, and add the cabbage and a little garlic powder. Cook until cabbage is soft. Use as filling for hot pockets and add a slice of cheese to each pocket.
Roberta, that's great that your dh was able to fix the light. Just think how much an electrician would charge!
Ann, your dogs just make me laugh. They must have a lot of personality! Well, ladies, take care and I'll talk to you later.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:12 AM

Catwoman

Great job on those hot pockets and thanks for sharing Emmalee's recipe... I'm copying it to try these myself.

RobertaD

Good job on your husband replacing that light. Strange you should mention lessons learned from a parent. dh got chimney soot on his jeans, I washed them 2X in Tide it wouldn't come out. My mother used to do laundry for a single guy who worked as a auto mechanic and was always getting grease stains on his clothes. She washed them in Lestoil. I bought a bottle it didn't get all the stains out but did a better job than Tide! I told my husband "See I did listen to my Mom every now and then", lol!

Anna

Closed Thread