Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:38 PM

Good evening all!!

Emmjean- dragons for cross stitch - what an idea. I don't know that you will be able to find any. But, you can get some graph paper, and a book with pictures and graph it out yourself.

I did that years and years ago when I was in my 20's. I did a Cleopatra bust that I worked into an afghan stitch afghan. I graphed the basic outline, then took different shades of facial colors to do shading, etc. and colored in the graph. It took me a month to graph it out, and 3 months to do the afghan. I submitted it to a national McCall's crochet afghan contest. I won 3rd prize. Then I expanded the afghan, made it into a queen size bedspread and gave it to my best friend as a housewarming gift.

Frugal tonight was eating leftovers. And staying home. I had to make sure that the cat is really ok with this new antibiotic. It appears that he is. Tomorrow night, my nephew and I take him back to the vet for a check-up. Then I am taking my nephew out to dinner. He has been a real help. This evening he held Prince while I got the antibiotic down him. Then he went out and brought in a bag of litter for me from the garage.

Frugal is also, making a purchase of no less than 13 Farberware tea kettles from Amazon for re-sale. They are brand new, 18/10 stainless steel, and on sale for $10.20 each. These are $40 tea kettles. In the Sausolito style. Amazon has a deal where they will take $15 off of $125 in their kitchen shop. Then there is a rebate you can print out for $20 of each $40 of Classic Open Stock Farberware. With the rebates and other savings, and even with shipping, they came out to $5.19 each. I am planning to sel them for $10 each. I already have 2 sold - one to my aunt who works at a local parish as a housekeeper and one to the woman I take to work everyday. So I am chatting them up to everyone. My sister needs some more gifts too. I figure that if you buy a few, and buy a few boxes of flavored teas, stuffing the kettle with a few bags of each flavor, you have everything from a great teacher's gift to birthday gifts, to housewarming gifts, even a gift for that special Mom, to maybe a Christmas gift, or whatever. I have learned how to remove the upcs without damaging the boxes, for the rebates.

Also, I think that my yard sale items this year will be all "new" stuff. I will have the kettles, the afghans, and Christmas stockings, maybe a tree skirt or two, those Dixieware sets, and all of the Glade plug-in thingies. I also have my stockpiles of Suave lotions, shampoos, conditioners and bath washes.

Well ladies, I better go for now, and get some sleep. I have one more long day at work before the weekend.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 03-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

One thing we do in the winter when we are running our furnace...after I use our oven to bake something...and turn the heat off...I leave the door ajar to cool...releasing all that warm heat inside. No sense in wasting it!
mommy to India, Taylor and Trinity
Old 03-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

ok todays frugal...not much. i got joes meds on our medical card. that saved over $200 there. hopefully all the er visit will be coverd too. that sure would help. other than that..i got 2 soft soap body wash, 20 power bars, 2 covergirl masceras, 3 lipfintiys, 2 eyeshadow quads and 2 johnsnons qtips, the news paper, adn treats for the kids for under 25.00. i was pretty excited. other than that, i spent the evening with joe. he needs help to move over and get up. he said at first he was going to work tommrow, i think hes crazy. he may be able to work next week but im not holding my breath. i also went to the libary,aand got 8 books plus 3 readers digests. there i spent 2.00 on them all. they have book sales. and i got 8 books of cookbooks canning, and gardening. im pretty excited. so i hope that all helps out.
well joe is finally sleeping and im getting tired. i dint sleep much last night either. the nurses walking in was ok..then they would reach out and touch him and that woke me up. i cant sleep anyway when he groans. it always wakes me up. i cant sleep when i knw hes in pain. so im going to try to sleep tonight and not accidently touch him. i know just the touch of my hand on him hurts. thats going to be hard to not do tho..i sleep with a hand on his back all night.

hope you all have a good night.
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 03-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh Ericka, I hope he heals quickly.

Norma, great deal on the kettles!

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 03-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have been bad and not posted in awhile.

My best frugal lately was going to Garden Ridge for a couple of craft items and coming away with more than I intended. However they were great prices and can be used or donated. They had some toys that they marked 90% off then you received another 50% off. So I paid fourteen cents for diarys, firefighter items, phones etc. We make up stockings at Christmas so will use some for that and then donate some to a friend's mother who collects toys for the needy. I found beads, which my daughter loves, for fifteen cents a large bag. They had Christmas items the same deal (90=50). I have a new wreath for .50 and a pillow .25 that I will cover for DS to use in his reading corner.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 03-04-2005, 03:08 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barbszy, I too agree one should dress as nicely as possible for church. My two older children do not attend church. But, if/when we have a funeral (or court :rollseyes to attend, I will buy DS the nicest "dressiest" pair of sneakers that he would also be willing to wear to school. And he will wear those, just too look presentable, instead of his ratty regular sneakers! But, yes, if the kids have the dress shoes I think they should wear them!!

Ericka, hope Joe heals quickly.

Rosmith, I also crack open the over door after cooking is done to help warm the kitchen! While DH was home and doing the cooking I scolded him several times for not doing this. Caution, I know this is a no-brainer, but if you do not have a wall unit oven, and have small children opening the oven door to let the heat out is not recommended!! Not worth the injury!!

Norma, wish I lived close to you and could visit your yard sale, sounds like you will have lots of nice items set out!

Good job to the other person that lowered their power bill by $70!! By plasticing the windows!

Has anyone heard from Leasmom???? I don't think she has posted since the new What Did you Do Frugal Today thread was started!! I think I might e-mail her!

I think my only frugal for today will be making a detailed shopping list. I have to buy a birthday present for a little girl at DD's preschool, that is having a birthday party on Saturday. Wish I would have had the invite before my last Avon order came, I could have given her the "My Little Ponies" that I bought!

Last edited by mom2-4; 03-04-2005 at 03:11 AM.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:10 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Happy birthday Redcardinalbird!!!!
Old 03-04-2005, 03:21 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sorry for the three posts in a row!!!

But, I checked on Leasmom. And her lost post was 2/2/05. And she has it set up to not receive e-mails from this site. I did PM her, so if anyone has her e-mail could you maybe e-mail her??? Just to check on her!

I think it is a little strange for her to not check in for a month!!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:18 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have Leasmom's email addy, so I just sent her a message with a link to this thread.
I hope they are both OK!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:54 AM
Nine Year Member

chocolate mix

Does anyone make their own chocolate milk mix? I was looking at the back of my cocoa jar and it had a recipe for hot cocoa which used 1/4 c cocoa, 1/2 c sugar with a dash of salt for 6 servings. I don't know if the cocoa would mix in cold milk.

Roberta

Closed Thread