Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi Gal's Saturday I was with the troop watching them slide down the mountion. so I did not get back home till 11:30. That night. Hubby was a sleep with our little gril. He slept with pink covers . My little girl loves pink and always ask are you going to sleep with me in my pick covers. Its for girls you know.)
When I went in our bedroom layong on the pillow was a box of choclate. Him and Kellie picked it out... I had got him a pig that sings "Hey Good Lookin What you got cookin"

This be Tree: )
Old 02-15-2005, 04:19 AM

Oh Tree
That pig sounds so cute!!!

Dh made my dinner and a surprise chocolate cake.. he dug in the recesses of my cabinet and found a can of cherries ( I have no idea where they came from or how long they had been in there???). He shaped them into a heart over the icing. He was so proud of himself to me that says Valentines Day better than anything he could've bought me.

Made more of those little green shamrock candle tarts... it's driving dh crazy as they smell like candy. Everyone is worried that someone will try to eat them as they look and smell like candy. I've assured them there will be a label attached saying "NOT EDITABLE" maybe should also put keep out of reach of children?

It has got me thinking in another direction though about maybe starting to make and sell candy too at the mall? No one is doing that there.

Maybe start a line called "Anna's Confectionaries"? This cake shop place has tons of those little candy cap things in different colors and all kinds of cute little baggies.

I'm also going to pick up some lollipop molds and make candle bouquets, they sell the styrofoam things that you set them down into... so maybe do them up in a coffee cup with 3-4 candle lollipops in them for easter?

Anna
Old 02-15-2005, 05:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anna, I don't know about Ohio but here in NJ if you want to sell anything edible you have to have an inspected commercial kitchen to produce it in! Might want to check into that before you start laying in supplies.

Joy, that website you mentioned has lots of neat things. Which plates were the ones you got?
Old 02-15-2005, 05:19 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna,
My cousin had a tea room business out of her home, she could make cookies, biscuits but no finger sandwhiches or she needed to get another license and all the inspections etc etc.
Leighann
Old 02-15-2005, 05:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning Ladies. We I had a very nice time yesterday. I met DH in Boise. And he gave me the best gift I could have asked for. I got to spend all afternoon and part of the evening with him and just him. It was wonderful. I couldn't tell you when the last time we apent time like that. We did go out to dinner. My favorite resaurant. CHILIES. I love that place. We went window shopping. I did buy a new outfit but it was 75% off. So instead of spending 99.00 on the outfit I got it for 10.00. SO that was very frugal.

I found out that we have a Build a BEar at our mall now so I am going to get DD that for Christmas this year. I am going to put money on a girt card for her. If I put a little on it at a time we should have more then enough on it when Christmas rolls around again.

Looks like I have to take both kids to the doctor today they are both sick. So unfrugal again.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:36 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everyone! It is beautiful and sunny today.
Anna, I love the candle bouquet idea for Easter. How cute is that!
Joy, what a nice surprise to have someone pay for your meal. That was so thoughtful!
Today, frugal is eating from the freezer and pantry and making the food stretch until I shop on Friday. Could be some interesting meals. I am going to use up some lemons and either make scones or lemon bars. I can't decide. Take care and have a great day!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:51 AM

Candy

You might be right about needing a special permit? I'm not sure. Seems like Vicki the owner and I talked about this awhile back but can't remember exactly what was decided. I think she found out that I could but we had so much other stuff that we kind of put the idea of jams and salsas on the back burner. Someone else is selling those items now they have a farm in Leesburg, Ohio I think. Candy doesn't hold up too well in the summer so I have some time to think about that one come fall. I'm thinking along of the lines of chocolate candies in shaped molds and Buckeyes those are always a big hit.

I can't wait for the weekend to go get those molds and try out the lollipop's.. it'll be a fun project and get rid of some of those winter fragrances I have leftover like the sugar cookie, oatmeal raisin, peanut butter and chocolate. Banana ought to be interesting too for yellow candle lollipops.

Well ladies off to help with the second round of interviews here at work, it's been interesting but I'll be glad when they do this final hire and life can return to normal here.

Anna
Old 02-15-2005, 05:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I forgot to tell you all what the kids did for me. They put 350 stick note hearts all over the inside and outside of the house. They are everywhere. And when I walk in the door they jumped out and showered me in 200 paper hearts that they cut out. I have to say that this is the best Valetines day yet.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Emmalee, that is SO cute!

Anna, could you make little buckeye candles? Bet those would be a big hit!

Finally I got all the proof of purchases collected for a refund offer, $10 back on 3 12-packs of Pepsi and 3 bags of Lays chips. I think I paid $12 for it all on sale with coupons so it will be really cheap once I get that refund back!

I had to open a bag of Doritos to get the proof of purchase off. I put them in a big Tupperware so they'll be fine. I think I'll use a bunch in dinner tonight. I had bought them for company that never came. We've tried "potato chip chicken" before so tonight I'm thinking of coating the chicken tenders in crushed Doritos. The kids will be surprised.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:18 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Emelee,
And all in your new house! Glad it was a good one for you.

Anna,
In the summer my city has a farmers market they sell salsa, pies, cakes, cookies you name it. You should probaly just ask around again. Love Buckeyes. Some day my family will make a trip to your mall....I know it would be fun! Dh and I love doing that kind of stuff....Now if only he would get a job so we can make a purchase without sweating lol!
Frugal is doing laundry and hanging up again. Using our other gc for gas this week, before we forget we have it. Getting ready for ds party on Saturday frugal will be using Barbs ideas for meatballs! Going to Costco to see if I can get hoagie rolls in bulk! I already have Cake plates that say happy birthday. Not really doing a whole theme party a little of this and that. Mil is buying Josh his first walking shoes. His feet are pretty much like Evans nice and wide so I know they wont be cheap as Striderite (sp) may be the store we have to use! Other grandmas are getting clothes and a savings bond.....He has 4 grams!!! lucky kid! Dh and I are also getting him a savings bond!
Leighann

Closed Thread