Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

hi everyone...just checking in to see what all you all have been doing. eveyone looks like they are doing so good saving money. not me...sigh..maybe next month.

anyway frugal this week....i made a pantry list of what i have. it took 4 full notebook pages to write out. thats just my dry pantry. not my freezer. but this is a start.

i was also able to buy 100 lbs of deer burger for .50 a lb. that was enough to fill my freezer. and should last me most of the winter. im happy about that. we like deer burger and i can find all kinds of things to make with it.

other than that..ive been using moms water and doing laundry over there. plus everyone has been working on the trailer still. slow but steady and i can get things done.

school is out in another week so im sure that will be fun this summer.

thats about all i have to report. see you all sometime next week.

have a good week.
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 05-15-2005, 02:39 PM

Good evenign all!!

I did good. I dropped off 3 bags of goodies at the post office yesterday, because our mail person would not have picked it up.

I used lots of coupons for things not already in my pantry, and am now stocked up except for Sunday meat and fresh veggies for a few weeks.

I started seriously sorting and grouping the stuff for the yard sale in a couple of weeks. I cooked enough chicken today for lunches and maybe a couple of dinners this coming week. I also have ribs in the oven now, as it is trying to rain, as promised.

I got the tomato plants into the ground today, pulled some weeds, and potted up some of my peppermint plants to take to my boss, probably the end of the week. My boyfriend also dropped of a bag of grass clippings. Before anyone could steal them, I put them around the tomatoes.

I got the 4 papers (1 delivered, 2 from the store, and 1 I paid my sister to order for me). I have to run around the neighborhood to do this, but it is all within a 7 block area. Then I removed the coupons from one of the papers, and took the rest to the woman behind me. She in turn, took the insides out of the paper she has delivered, read that paper, and took it to someone else in the neighbrohood who will "trade" papers with her. She then took the coupon section out of that paper and brought the 2 sections to my front doorstep. It is truly a matter of passing these papers around the neighborhood - really a frugal thing to do.

I have done laundry in cold water, mopped the kitchen floor, cleaned the kitchen garbage can, vacummed, made iced tea, shucked the corn for dinner, and have made a big dent in the afghan I am working on. And I called and checked in on my aunt. I even watched a few old movies on tv. I also resisted the urge to "stop in at the mall". My nephew wanted to go today. I told him if he could get his mother to take him, I would be happy to pick him up - I would have met him outside the mall, or just inside at the info desk so as not to tempt myself.

I also resisted the urge to stop at the flea market on the way home from the markets.

Speaking of which, I used all those $10 on your next order coupons that I got from the band aid deal. That somehow triggered a $5.00 off your next oder coupon. I used that today, and because I got 4 boxes of the next Kellogg's Fruit Streamers, the catalina machine spit out a coupon for $3.00 of my next order. I don't really care for the store, so I am trying to use up these things, and get away.

It has been quite a weekend.

Well ladies, better go for now.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 05-16-2005, 04:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Melly - He's not really mad. Poor guy, he broke the other wrist about this same time last year. I need to change his swimming lessons and cancel piano lessons for 6 weeks.

It looks like we're suppost to get some rain this week, so I won't be getting my clothesline up yet. We've had a drought for the last 5 years, so the rain is very welcome, we're just not use to it.

Carol

Old 05-16-2005, 05:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Songberries--
Sorry to hear about your son's wrist. Hope it heals for him quickly.

Norma--
You continue to amaze me with the deals--the $10 off for your next order coupons are wonderful!

Joesbaby--
Good to hear from you again! I'd been wondering how things were going for you!

MrsManiac--
Sometimes those dinners out are really worth it, aren't they?

Frugal for my weekend was not spending any money! I'm sure I'll make up for it during the week though, lol! Today I will be going to Aldi's for groceries, and the pantry is bare, so that will be a chunk! But at least things are much cheaper there than at the regular grocery store. I did my laundry in cold water over the weekend. It ended up being quite cold here over the weekend, so I turned on the heat for about an hour or so in the morning yesterday just to take the chill off.

Guess that's about it--have a good Monday, everyone!
Old 05-16-2005, 07:29 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone,
Dh and I made a big decision over the weekend, we are going to put our house up for sale take a chance and move to South Carolina. Praying to god we are making the right choice but things here are very bleak. I hope dh gets a job in the interim but not counting on anything.
I have been searching a lot on the internet for apartments and we will be taking a trip there in the near future to decide. We plan on looking into a 6 month lease.
I need to put a resume together as well. I do not want to do daycare living in an apartment.
Going to have a garage sale next Thursday, hope to get rid of a lot of things that we dont need to take. Basicaly we are pretty much starting over. Will be keeping furniture but lots of stuff can go! Please say a prayer for us, we will be needing it.
Leighann
Old 05-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Leighann--

Good luck with the move! Hope it all works out for you. I'll keep a good thought for you
Old 05-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Leighann - you'll make it through this. Your family is in my prayers. Sometimes we have to hit bottom to get back on top.

The dr won't be in until tomorrow to cast my ds's wrist. And, the receptionist at the Chiropracter messed up my appt's and had us down for May 2 (duh, that was the day I called) instead of today! Geash, that makes me mad! I know she told me it was for today (the 16th) because I was upset that I had to wait until he (the dr) got back from his vacation. Ah well, she did give us a new one for Wednesday.

Carol

Old 05-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello everyone. Well finals are over with. Doing a happy dance here. I hate fianls week. DH gets so grumpy.

We have been having lots and lots of rain. We can't even plant grass seeds because the yard is nothing but a big lake right now.

Nothing frugal here but the usually. And trying not to have to go anywhere. Gas is at 1.47 a gallon here. So will be staying home a lot.

Lee, I hope the move goes well. You and your family are in my prayers.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:59 PM

Good Evening Everyone

Leighann

I hope everything will work out for you in S. Carolina and your dh will find work there right away. Gosh, I know this must be really hard on both of you but S. Carolina over Ohio... I'd take it! It's so beautiful there, they even have palm trees. Keep in touch with us, o.k.?

Joesbaby

Glad to hear you are o.k. I've missed seeing your post.

I was offline yesterday getting more candles ready for the mall. We went down there today to change out our shelves and put in a new unit, works much better I think. The girls bought one each of all my new products... the cinnamon rolls, the bundt cake and the firestarters. So I made over $30.00 before I could even get anything on the shelves. One lady had preordered 2 of my Irish Creme candles.

JJOJ

The ladies at the mall were burning one of my Wango Tango candles on the counter. I was worried at first and ask if something was wrong with it, they said No they were just burning it, lol! Good advertising. The last payment I sent down I thanked them for promoting my products and now they are doing even more. They are such a nice group of ladies. After we left the mall we went hiking in the caves-whew, we are way outta shape since last year but we made it. It was gorgeous there and not alot of people as the weather today is very cool. Then we went to several buried in the woods gift shops.. one called Granma Fayes, and a couple can't remember the names. I was pretty disappointed in them, they all we're selling Made In China junk stuff, no real crafts! One shop did have some beautiful candles, got some ideas from his crafters on those and a better idea of what to chanrge on some things. They were selling 2 taper candles (scented) for $5.95. I want to learn how to do those eventually. They were selling "Cake Candles" for $40.00. These were finished in what they call "grubby" where they have all those bumps on them. I will be expermenting with that next weekend. You need special gloves so you don't burn your fingers. Saw another vendor selling the rolls, $10.00 each. Mine looked better, dh says. He said "I'm so proud of you" in reference to mine.

Well dh is up from taking a nap and I need to get things ready to go back to work tommorow. Take care everyone.

Anna
Old 05-16-2005, 03:10 PM

Section 10 Closed

This section is now closed. Please join us in the new Section 11 as we continue to strive for frugal living.

Anna

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&postid=254785

Closed Thread