Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Nine Year Member

My DH had bought my DS one of those lights for the side of the house that goes on and off automatically for 29.99. After a couple of months started shorting out. He removed it and bought a regular light for 9.99 that used just a switch. Been a couple of months still had not returned it. Today I decided to return it since I still had the sales receipt. You can imagine my embarrassement after she was giving me the money back had the wrong light receipt.
Went home and got the right one saving me 20.00. If I had left it hanging around any sooner without the box it would have gone in the garbage.
DH hates to return anything without the box afraid they will give him a hard time.
_________
Sueanne

Old 02-18-2005, 05:17 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sueanne, good job returning the light!!

Sharona, good job on the plants. But, I too am jealous that you have warm enough weather to be outside planting.

Osi, I have a Prayer Plant, well, it is really DS's. He got it in a planter from Grandma when he had is accident. They are really neat. I would post a pic, but, right now my plants are all looking really pathetic. I can't wait for it to warm up and put them ouside. It doesn't help much that the window where I use to put my plants the cats have taken over that stand. So, my plants don't get much sun.

Not much frugal for me today. I was suffering from an upset stomach all day. So, I spent most of my time in the bathroom. But, while I was in there, I was peeling the already peeling paper off the wall. It needs to be done. I just have to decide if I want to paint or paper it. Although I am thinking that the panels will need to be completley replaced. Due to mold growing on the bottom of the panels, and the people that lived here previously, must have just used wallpaper to cover it up, and it started to eat the wall. Not something, I really wanted to spend money on.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

frugal this weeend is eating at moms on Sat and my brothers on Sunday...no cooking for me. Also my sister is coming home and she is bring her sizzix for scrapbooking and we are gonna cut out lots of diecuts which will save me lots of money.
unfrugal is going to a scrapbooking store which means I 'll be spending all the money I'll be saving!!!!

Well you all have a very frugal weekend and take care.

love ya,
Rosey
Old 02-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Happy birthday Ericka ! I agree, do something special for yourself. OOps, the day is over ! well, hope it was a good one for you.

Trading Spaces once put floor tile on the counters, it looked great when done.

Dh scored a free ticket to the auto show tomorrow. Dd1 is so into cars its not funny-so this will be a special day for the 2 of them. So therefore its also a special bonding day for dd2 and me too. All she has requested is playing games (goody, hours and hours of go fish) and a visit to Cold Stone for ice cream.

Here's my score of the year: went to Kohls for only a bra. Well, they have a 85% off clearance sale I didn't know about...got tons of stuff at over $200 retail for only $24. Used a gift card I got for Christmas-what was left over was the $24. Most of it I got to sell so I hope to make all that money back.

Maybe I'll get a chance to go have our taxes done tomorrow or Monday. Whatever refund there is will be earmarked for the savings acct. Just for once I'd like to be able to put it all in there instead of paying bills with it.

"see" you all tomorrow (in between go fish games )

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 02-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everybody!
LJsmom, wow,you did fantastic. Good job!
Mom2-4, I hope you are feeling better today.
Frugal today is just staying home this weekend. Dh is in Dallas until tomorrow so we'll probably just have snack type things. I think I will make homemade pizza for supper. Before I forget, here is another website on frugality: www.countingthecost. Their newsletter comes out the 1st and the 15th of every month. It is my favorite one. Have a fun weekend!
Old 02-19-2005, 06:14 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oops,sorry! It's www.countingthecost.com. Just click on where it says newsletter.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everybody! I finally did my taxes this morning--will be getting something back from both state and federal, though not much. I try to keep what I put in throughout the year pretty close to what it needs to be. And I e-filed both for free!! So I was feeling pretty good about that I don't have any big plans for the weekend, so that should be a money saver too! If I don't get back here, everyone have a great weekend!
Old 02-19-2005, 08:35 AM
Assistant Moderator

A friend of dh's has a nice tile cutter. I think I will hire him to cut the tiles. I can't use the tiles on the counter top. The counter will be higher than the sink. I can use them on the backsplash...... I do wonder what laminte costs.... my dad could help us put it in.... this counter is so old, we have to reglue it all the time. Who knows what we will end up doing....! I'd rather move but if dh can't find a job then we need to stay here.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

the ex husband i posted about..the one who dont pay his support..3 of his good friends were arrested last week for check fraud. omg. what if hes involved? the good part is, i have ful total custody of our dd. she cant go see him anymore. he was warned once that if he got into trouble or had people around him in trouble he wouldnt get to see her.

but i wanted to update everyone. ill be back later. im in shock over this.

thanks
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 02-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

WOW, Ericka. That's not the kind of news you expect to hear.

Mom2-4, I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy as much as you can.

LJsmom, that is an aaaawesome deal at Kohl's. I had to go two weeks ago to get DH a new button-down white shirt... I'd planned on spending about $18 for a nice one, but instead got 3 for $15 with the clearance sale, and they're very nice shirts.

Last night we had a great time at the putt putt game room place and then eating out. WE didn't spend anything at the putt putt place because we had tokens saved up, and we got DS/4's dinner and drink free at Skeeter's... so with the $3 I spent for the birthday cake, we spent $18 for the whole birthday evening.

Today I did laundry in cold water with my free Cold Water Tide... and I hate to say it, but some of my whites didn't get as clean as I'd hoped they would. I even used bleach, which helped some, but not quite enough. Fortunately the stuff that didn't get as clean is stuff we wear around the house or towels, so I can bear it until I wash clothes again. I mean, the clothes aren't icky or anything, there's just a few stains I was hoping would come out that didn't come out well. I think I'll go back to washing my whites in warm water.

I took some boiled chicken and cooked rice out of the freezer to thaw for fried rice tonight. I'm serving it with 4 heat-and-eat egg rolls that I got on markdown for $1.25, regular price $2.99. When I get off the computer I'm going to pop popcorn and bake a batch of cookies for snacks... just don't know what kind I'll make! DS/7 is getting tired of oatmeal-raisin so maybe I'll make oatmeal-chocolate chip and see what he thinks.

Today will be a cheap day overall because since we went out last night, we have no desire to do much of anything today. Went out in the front yard for about an hour earlier and let DS/4 ride his new bike he got for his birthday, a little one with training wheels. He'll want to go out again in a while, so that's cheap entertainment.

Closed Thread