Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:54 PM

Good evening all!!

What a week. My boss has been pushing pretty hard and I was so glad to get out of there today.

Frugal today, was the boss bought pizza for lunch as it was not only Friday, but raining also.

I got a few donations for my nephew and his friends who are skateboarding in a "walk" for the National Diabetes Association and one child in my town who has uncontrollable diabetes to send him to diabetic camp this summer.

Anyway, I stopped by my sister's house to give her the money I got scared up. I had given her $20 earlier this week to pick up canned soda for me. There is a business in town that makes sandwiches for vending machines. They are selling cases of soda for $4.00 per case, which is as cheap as when the markets have sales. And I am supporting a local business. So I think that is pretty frugal.

The more I think about it, the less the prospect of my making it to a market this weekend are - except for Sunday when I go pick up the papers. Maybe a trip to Walmart to see if they have any protein bars.

It is supposed to be really nasty out this weekend. So I will stay in and do some crochet work.

Leasmom - I can't tell you whether or not you made the right move- but you know inside yourself.

I know nothing about coffee, except that I love the way the beans smell. I am a true tea drinker. I did a little survey and I have no less than 10 boxes with 100 bags each in them. And I can tell you that I have not paid more than $1.50 for any one of them. Usually less. A lot of times they will sell Tetley or Salada 2/$4.00. I still won't get it unless I have coupons for at least $.50 which stores in this are double.

Well ladies, I better go for now. I hear my bed calling. I have a lot of cleaning planned for this weekend, in addition the crocheting I want to get done.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 04-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Yesterday I was coming in and defrosting some meat for supper when my neighbor came over and asked if the kids and I would like pizza. He said a pizza place owed him and he wanted to buy. So he had his wife and little girl, our family of four, another neighbor and his son and two other girl neighbors over. He said he also ordered some cokes. I went ahead and took a two liter of root beer over. We had a good time and had the defrosted pork tonight.

I also ordered my DD a First Communion Cake but I looked on the Barter site and found someone who baked and wanted to trade for Barbies. She prefers older ones so I am taking some my older ones I have and trading those.

I did have to buy some napkins and plates but was able to get the cheaper ones. Ended up getting a religious design napkins, plates and tablecloth for less than $5.00. Now I wish the food I have to pick up tomorrow would be as cheap.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 04-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Today Saturday April23rd,2005 Frugal Things:

Today Saturday April23rd,2005 Frugal Things:
Daily Household Task.
Homeschooling Darling Daughter.
We are Going to Visit my In-Laws Today.
We had really bad storms here yesterday.
No Money will be Spent here Today.
Church Tommorow.

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 04-23-2005, 07:34 AM

Redcardinal

Great job on the bartering for cake, way to go!

Candy

Good job on searching around for a better price on the meds. as expensive as they are, it pays to do your home work.

Norma

Look around next time your candle shopping, there are a few candles out there that smell like coffee... Hazelnut, Cappucino and Coffee Beans. They all smell great.

Futureteacher

Good job taking the free "sandwich" coupon with you. I love Subway.

I don't like the half coffee either, it's too weak. I do save my coffee though in a thermos so none of it gets wastered.

Mrs. Maniac

How in the world did you get 4 free cases of beer? I've never heard of any promotions like that. Did you get some kind of frequent flyer card for beer?

Well its snowing here mixed with rain. Dh went back to bed and I need to go get him rousted out so we can go to the candle store and finish up errands then I have to take my mil to her grocery store, she won't shop at but one place.

Have a good one everyone.

Anna
Old 04-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Songberries, I apparently wasn't the only person she told that too

there was three other people she had told that too, that they would be getting fired in two days,who transferred to another team after talking to Ginger. Apparently also a new guy who was very, very loud, he had been a military man and was still in the National Guard, well, he apparently was found on the floor at work. He apparently has a heart condition in which the military kicked him out over...so they called the ambulance and normally the supervisor will call to check on you. The other supervisor on the other team asked Natasha did she call to check on him and she sighed and waved her hand as if he didn't matter and said, "NO!", like she could care less. Hopefully, the guy is still alive today! I was told he did wake up in the ambulance. But that's just cold hearted!!! She had alot of enemies because she made them and some people just should not be in positions of power.

Also, Songberries, I went and bought two pairs of pants yesterday, I may go back and get one more pair. I had to replace all of my pants but I do still have one pair which is big too but I can still wear them. I'm gonna put all of my old clothes on Freecycle. I have more clothes that need to go too so I have to wash them up and post them.

Last edited by leasmom; 04-23-2005 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Frugal last night was coloring my hair at home. Also, frugal was was not turning the heat back on last night--it reached freezing here last night, but the house temp stayed at 63, so that wasn't too bad. No so frugal was dinner out with a friend and her two daughters, but it was fun!
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 04-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. We had some stormy weather last night also. Living on a hill sort of makes it feel sort of up close and personal. I guess I am a little weird, but I find storms fascinating to watch, as long as we're not too close, that is.
Frugal today is paying some bills and staying in all weekend. I am going to make a big pot of chili and some cinnamon rolls. Then, I am going to go get my book and some magazines and curl up and read all day. My idea of a perfect afternoon! Take care and I'll talk to you all later!
Old 04-23-2005, 03:22 PM

Good afternoon all!!

I was sorta out of sorts about the grocery thing and was thinking that I was not going. Then I convinced myself to go to Walmart, the one across the street from one of the markets I frequent.

I had some coupons that I couldn't find the products at the grocery - they are always out, so...I only found 2 of the Airwick oil warmers (think yard sale), and they were way up out of my reach, so I wandered until I found an associate to call someone to help. It turned out to be an Asst. Manager, who dutifully got the ladder and got the only 2 they had left off the shelf, and apologized for not having any more. He also told me I should try the market in the shopping center where Walmart is - he said he just doesn't see too much traffic in there. (Their prices are just way too high). I thanked him and continued shopping. I ended up with 8 Pure Protein Bars (free), 2 Dentyne gum (B1G1), 7 Elcipse gum ($.50 off), the 2 oil warmers, 2 bags of potting soil, 4 Mazing candy bars, a package of new yarn needles, soem grass shears, new garden gloves and then went wandering in the craft section. I was good, I stayed in the clearance section. I found 3 12X12" latch hook kits (Patriot) for $4 each, and then 3 20X27" ones (Patriotic Bear) for $11 each. The price was right, so I got them all. (Thinking yard sale again).

The line started to file up behing but everyone was patient. One guy said out loud, "I guess they will be giving you money back." I told him no, not this time. That my best was when they did have to give me a penny to take the goodies home. That is my only claim to being able to do that.

So then I went to ShopRite across the street to see if they had any turkey thighs. I have been craving them.

I found the rest of the oil warmers that I had coupons for, the one kind of gum that I had forgotten to pick up at Walmat (B1G1), a few more protein bars, a loaf of pumpernickle bread (from their bakery), with a catalina coupon no less, a package of Sargento bistro cheese (7 oz. instead of 8, which is usually the amount of shredded cheese in those bags) with a coupon and a full rebate coming, and 2 packages of turkey thighs. They only had 2 or I would have stocked up.

Anyway, my total started out at $70.07 and ended up $23.16. I was really doing the "Happy Chicken Dance" when I got home.

Then, I looked at the bear latch hook and noticed that the flag has the blue ground and stars on the wrong side. There is no way that you can hand the flag the way it is printed to be a US flag. Now I have done enough latch hook, and even supervised a group of women in a maximum security unit at the prison in which I used to teach, to know how to fix it. My "girls" used to make the sample latch hook rugs, and beaded calandars that ended up hanging in Kmart, Walmart, etc. as samples.

But I will send an e-mail to the company and maybe even a letter with the picture of the kit which came with it complaining. That's just wrong. And careless of the people who check those now. I can't belive no one noticed.

Anyway I had a really good day. I also finished my girlfriend's afghan for her, so I can start a new project (hint, hint, one of those latch hooks).

Well ladies, I better go for now. I just turned on the oven for dinner and need to go put something in there. I had enough popcorn shrimp left over from way back when, and think it is time to get it into the oven before it gets too old to eat.

A comment on freezer paper - I swear by it. I wrap stuff in it, and then put it in plastic bags.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 04-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Great job on your sales, Norma!
Old 04-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Nine Year Member

Didn't go anywhere today was to cold and rainy to be out and about.

I assembled a new in the box metal shelving unit that was given to me and cleaned a plastic shelving unit that I picked up out of the trash this week. They will help my home office be much more uncluttered looking.

Great savings Norma, the best I've ever done was saving 52% and that was a well planned trip where I didn't buy anything that wasn't on sale and used a coupon.

Roberta

Closed Thread